Cigarette smell in 2nd hand ResMed Airsense 10

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SewTired

Re: Cigarette smell in 2nd hand ResMed Airsense 10

Post by SewTired » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:15 pm

If all else fails, contact one or both of these places.

https://acbio.com/cpap-repair/
http://www.advanscpap.com/cpap-servicing

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

archangle

Post by archangle » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:23 pm

LSAT wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:28 pm
You could try running the machine outside or at an open window for several hours for a couple days
Outside air vs. inside air won't make much difference in flushing out the smoke smell.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

archangle

Post by archangle » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:33 pm

Cpapian wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:12 pm
My mother used to put a hunk of charcoal in water in the kitchen to eliminate cooking smells. Other times she would put out a small bowl of vinegar to eliminate odours.
!!NO!! !!NO!! !!NO!!
NOT in the CPAP tank.

Regular commercial charcoal has chemicals in it other than charcoal. Some has lighter fluid. Some has petroleum distillate and other binders because it's made from ground charcoal pressed into bricks. Something intended to burn nicely is not necessarily safe for inhaling. Even "lump" charcoal may be chemically enhanced.

Even "all natural" pure heated wood charcoal can have all natural free-range organic carcinogens and other nasty chemicals in it. Basically, burned organic matter tends to have carcinogens.

Proper charcoal filter material is produced in highly controlled conditions. Even then, proper filtering charcoal is "activated charcoal," which is a specialized further processing step. Even true activated charcoal might not be suitable for medical air filtering usage depending on how it's done.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

fleabiscuit

Post by fleabiscuit » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:42 pm

I had a mild brain fart a couple of weeks ago and considered getting a small battery operated ozone generator made for refrigerators (keeps fruits and veggies a lot longer) to sanitize my cpap now and then. I was going to just set the cpap in a covered plastic storage box (we all have them don't we?) and run it for awhile. It could possible eliminate cigarette smells too, the larger room sized ones will eliminate it in rooms. We shouldn't be breathing ozone to much, and the larger machines are a set and leave situation. Unfortunately my fridge ozone generator arrived DOA from Amazon and I had to return it. I haven't purchased a different one yet. I'd say $25 is about an average price for them. Give it a try for me will you? :D

“C” “Now, now my good man, this is no time to be making enemies." (Voltaire on his deathbed in response to a priest asking him that he renounce Satan.)” C”