Should Guests Be allowed to Post?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Should Guests Be Allowed to Post

Yes
52%
No
40%
Unsure
8%

Total votes: 95

loonlvr

Post by loonlvr » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:49 pm

Addressing bipoes question about losing weight. I believe that losing weight will help but you probably will have to continue on machine. I was very thin for years and still had severe osa. Sorry.

larry63

Re: Should Guests Be allowed to Post?

Post by larry63 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:41 am

Yeah, why not? It is a pain to sign up for web stuff and remember usernames and passwords.

Yes, there will be a lot of "post, get their questions answered, and run" people, but what really is so terrible about it.
Not everyone wants to be a regular member of forums, or Identify with their disease long term, and I see nothing wrong with people jumping on to a forum to ask a single
question.

I don't know if it's the police currently to let guests post, but I have to say that so far there is very little spam on this board.
-- Speep study---
AHI = 56.4, RDI = 56.4
breakdown: 5.9 apnea, 0.2 central, 50.6 hyponpea, avg duration 20 sec.
AHI back=77.7, side=0.8 prone = 58.2
O2 desat min 83%, 40.3 min or desat < less then 91%

cflame1

Post by cflame1 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:53 pm

larry... there isn't much spam 'cause those of us that see it... whack it.

Diplomacy

Post by Diplomacy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:15 am

Guests are allowed to post at CPAPtalk.com

DaveMunson

Post by DaveMunson » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:25 pm

I said no but I was wrong. At the heart, this is a help board. Many times responding to desperate people who are too ashamed to post who they are. Desperate enough to post a question as a guest. I'm wrong. Allow the guest's to post. It works. People are saved.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Well said, Dave. Very well said.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

Moby

Post by Moby » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:13 am

Assuming most guests who post have been recently diagnosed with sleep apnoea, I think they should be allowed to post as guests. This keeps the whole process as uncomplicated as possible for them if they are in a real fog.
Di

"I'll get by with a little help from my friends" - The Beatles

OkieHoseNose

Post by OkieHoseNose » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:04 am

This is a reply that I attempted to post as a "guest" before I registered but could not. I suppose posting replies are different than posting a question and I understand that. Having said that, this is what I had to say about the subject.

I am about to register so I won't be a guest anymore but thought I'd offer an observation as a lowly "guest" first. There are some people on here that have entirely too much time on their hands and that leads to an arrogance that usually keeps me from joining these conversations. I am a "guest" but not a newbie. I am 2 years into this and my wife just got her CPAP. Some of you act like this is a social club when I thought it was a forum to communicate issues and provide support. Unfortunately, this is a condition that permeates most forums. People just tend to say things they wouldn't say to someones face anonymous or not.

Yes, I will own this post as a registered participant …… OkieHoseNose

Sorry to start out with a critical review but I was just responding after reading all of the responses to "Should Guests Be allowed to Post?

OkieHoseNose

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:20 pm

OkieHoseNose wrote:This is a reply that I attempted to post as a "guest" before I registered but could not. I suppose posting replies are different than posting a question and I understand that. Having said that, this is what I had to say about the subject.

I am about to register so I won't be a guest anymore but thought I'd offer an observation as a lowly "guest" first. There are some people on here that have entirely too much time on their hands and that leads to an arrogance that usually keeps me from joining these conversations. I am a "guest" but not a newbie. I am 2 years into this and my wife just got her CPAP. Some of you act like this is a social club when I thought it was a forum to communicate issues and provide support. Unfortunately, this is a condition that permeates most forums. People just tend to say things they wouldn't say to someones face anonymous or not.

Yes, I will own this post as a registered participant …… OkieHoseNose

Sorry to start out with a critical review but I was just responding after reading all of the responses to "Should Guests Be allowed to Post?

OkieHoseNose
If you look at it carefully you will see that you are responding to a 4 YEAR OLD POST.

quietmorning

Post by quietmorning » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:48 pm

I welcome fresh ideas and good questions. They benefit everyone, though spam is a real pain. A captcha might be good. And perhaps the ability for members to delete posts that are intended to inflame and troll. We can be the moderators.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:03 pm

CAPCHA, the most irritating idea ever devised by code fools. Lucky we don't make any changes here, It works in spite of it's self. POLLS, are a time wasting process, they don't mean a Rats Tail as the poll's responders for the most part don't have the knowledge to make a informed decision.

Strictly a feel good operation or one designed to point to the poll makers preset ideals.

It would be much better of turn off polls, but that ain't gonna hattchen. Jim

We will live with the warts, it works.

CORRECTION: This is not a 4 year old post, it's a 9 year old one! Brought up by Nubies and our old friend PollLock!
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu May 22, 2014 12:14 pm

WHY isn't this going away?? S'been up near the top for days even tho' the last post was in Jan. (or something similar).

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu May 22, 2014 12:35 pm

Julie wrote:WHY isn't this going away?? S'been up near the top for days even tho' the last post was in Jan. (or something similar).
Because people in a vain attempt to make themselves feel like they have something to worthwhile to add, keep clicking on the worthless polls, reseting the thread to the top. Some just do it to cause trouble, these would be members. It's a very important poll, after all 90 people have expressed their opinion, in 9 years, go people! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

The Latinist

Post by The Latinist » Thu May 22, 2014 6:24 pm

Julie wrote:WHY isn't this going away?? S'been up near the top for days even tho' the last post was in Jan. (or something similar).
It had never showed for me until your post.