Newly diagnosed OSA

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kyela

Re: Newly diagnosed OSA

Post by kyela » Thu May 17, 2018 2:12 pm

I picked up my sleep study report, wow its pretty sobering news to read what my numbers were and all the abbreviations that i can only decipher a few of them the rest is well i will have to look up that information

Or would i be able to post it on this forum and those that have experience can translate it for me LOL.

K~

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Thu May 17, 2018 2:31 pm

This site by one of our members may help to clear up some of the abbreviations and terms. http://adventures-in-hosehead-land.blog ... -test.html
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

kyela

Post by kyela » Fri May 18, 2018 4:22 pm

I picked up my CPAP today pretty excited and I will actually look foward to going to sleep tonight!

K~

kyela

Post by kyela » Sat May 19, 2018 7:27 pm

Well first night on the CPAP, 7.8 hours of uninteruppted sleep the first time in OVER a year, I went to bed around 1130pm woke up around 630 to go to the restroom then went back on my machine until my alarm clock woke me up at 730am

WoW, granted I still feel a little fatigued and I did have to take a nap today but I do notice how i feel my body was not sore upon waking, i was groggy when i woke up. So far so good.

My only question is when i laid down i had to readjust my nasal pillow a little to get it to set into my nostrils properly i have an Xsm for my nasal pillow but my DME sent me home with a Sm one as well so i could switch between the two to see which is more comfortable, for during the fitting we were having difficulty as to which one was the best, so for tonight (second night) i am going to try the other size.

K~