Joggin/exercise difficulty

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Rhowe004

Joggin/exercise difficulty

Post by Rhowe004 » Sun May 13, 2018 12:38 pm

Hello everyone, this is my first time here and just started using my CPAP last week. I have searched the depths of google to find an answer to my question but no luck.

I am 32 years old, in decent shape and a non smoker. I’m a little heavier than I’d like to be, but I’ve been avidly lifting weights and jogging since my early 20’s. Prior to using the CPAP, my only difficulties with jogging was occasional cramping and muscle fatigue, but I’ve never really had problems breathing. After using the CPAP, I went jogging and felt like I had just smoked 3 packs of cigarettes. I became out of breath VERY quickly, had to stop several times to take a break, and at the end I felt like my lungs were on fire. I’m also experiencing shortness of breath during the day while doing my normal routine.

Is this normal? My apnea was pretty severe, so I’m guessing that my body is adjusting to being able to breathe at night, but I just want to make sure it isn’t anything to be concerned about.

jnk...

Re: Joggin/exercise difficulty

Post by jnk... » Mon May 14, 2018 7:29 am

Shortness of breath during the day and burning sensations in the chest are, to the best of my knowledge, unlikely to be related to the use of CPAP at night and so should be filed under things to report to one's doc as possible symptoms of other issues.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Mon May 14, 2018 8:48 am

Definitely not normal. See your Dr. Sounds like asthma attacks o me, but too little data yields poor results most often.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

Rhowe004

Post by Rhowe004 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 am

Thanks guys. I will bring this up to my doc!

nicholasjh1

Post by nicholasjh1 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:46 am

I would definitely see a doc as others have suggested... in the meantime... I did have some strange effects happen as my adrenaline started kicking back in, racing heart, out of breath etc. adding magnesium to my diet definitely helped. According to studies most apnea sufferers are short on it due to the night time heart stress.
Last edited by nicholasjh1 on Mon May 14, 2018 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation, starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Mon May 14, 2018 9:47 am

If you had just mentioned some soreness, that is common in the short term, I believe.

https://www.sleep-apnea-guide.com/cpap- ... -pain.html

But "burning" and "shortness of breath," not so much.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

BTS

Post by BTS » Mon May 14, 2018 9:57 am

Sounds like what I have experienced and it does need a Drs attention... Mine was a combo of Asthma and COPD managed with inhalers one rescue and the other steroid...

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue May 15, 2018 4:12 pm

Your doctor may be able to help, while there is still time.
You will not want your loved ones saying, " If only he'd seen a doctor."

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue May 15, 2018 4:22 pm

Rhowe004 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 12:38 pm
I became out of breath VERY quickly, had to stop several times to take a break, and at the end I felt like my lungs were on fire. I’m also experiencing shortness of breath during the day while doing my normal routine.
Do you know how to view a sleep report on your machine's display to check your AHI and mask leak level? (As newbies, we often don't know that we are still having apneas and our CPAP process needs to be tweaked.)

Please fill out your equipment profile - https://www.cpaptalk.com/ucp.php?i=prof ... pment_info