Nasal Vs. Full face

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
nicholasjh1

Nasal Vs. Full face

Post by nicholasjh1 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:46 am

Do you think Nasal is actually better at keeping apnea's away? (Less Apnea's with lower pressure) or does the escaped mouth air when it's trying to unobstruct your airways simply confound the machine and make it miss apneas... and in fact mouth ones are better because they create a closed system?
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation, starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"

BTS

Re: Nasal Vs. Full face

Post by BTS » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:48 am

It all depends on the user... I use a P10 with little to no leaks ... I also have the N20, N10 and F20, the P10 gives me the best results and that is with high pressures...

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:59 am

nicholasjh1 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:46 am
Do you think Nasal is actually better at keeping apnea's away? (Less Apnea's with lower pressure) or does the escaped mouth air when it's trying to unobstruct your airways simply confound the machine and make it miss apneas... and in fact mouth ones are better because they create a closed system?
NO

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:54 am

nicholasjh1 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:46 am
One doesn't use a nasal/pillow mask if one can't control mouth leakage.

If one can, then a nasal/pillow mask often results in lower ahi, or lower pressure, because FFMs push backwards on the jaw, which narrows the airway for some people (myself included), which results in higher pressure needed to control the apnea.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.