SoClean 2 filter problem, will I die???

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
colin149

SoClean 2 filter problem, will I die???

Post by colin149 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:40 am

Hello, I messed up! I went to replace my cartridge filter today and noticed I never removed the bottom blue sticky protector from my last cartridge filter. Don't know how I missed it, but I removed the top one. Are there any heath risks associated with this? Should I see a doctor? Was air not properly converted back to normal exiting the machine? I'm very worried......

ajack

Re: SoClean 2 filter problem, will I die???

Post by ajack » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:59 am

It's exactly the same, whether you take the sticky off or leave it on. They are a con. They are the same bugs you live with every day, there is no bugs that can hurt you with cpap. Sell it on c/list and buy yourself something you want.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:44 am

So Clean is a scam, it cleans nothing and the machine doesn't need what it does do. Neither do you. Get rid of it and go out to dinner!

MrsRinPDX

Post by MrsRinPDX » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:59 am

I'm sure you will be fine. If you are really worried, just call SoClean.

I would not listen to the SoClean haters. I doubt very highly they've read the documents SoClean provides to prove their worth. I've read statement after statement on this forum that the manual says this or the company doesn't provide this or that as proof, and they are all false. I find it misguided at best. Do your own research. Read the materials provided. Make up your own mind.

And yes, I own a SoClean 2 and happily use it to sterilize my equipment. That's all I'm going to say, so haters save your breath.

Additional Comments: Pressures: IPAP 18/ EPAP 14; Secondary mask - Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow
Last edited by MrsRinPDX on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PaulKTF

Post by PaulKTF » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:22 am

MrsRinPDX wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:59 am

I would not listen to the SoClean haters. I doubt very highly they've read the documents SoClean provides to prove their worth. I've read statement after statement on this forum that the manual says this or the company doesn't provide this or that as proof, and they are all false. I find it misguided at best. Do your own research. Read the materials provided. Make up your own mind.

And yes, I own a SoClean 2 and happily use it to sterilize my equipment. That's all I'm going to say, so haters save your breath.
Well gee, if SoClean's own documents say that it's a worthwhile product, it must be true... :)

Seriously, it's a "snake oil" product sold to people who are (often, though not always) either ignorant or uninformed about how to care for their CPAP equipment. It's like getting a placebo from your doctor- the patient thinks it does something so they keep using it and it makes them feel like they're doing something beneficial so they keep using it even though it doesn't actually do anything of note. It's a useless machine mass-marketed to people who are often (though not always) not very interested in taking care of their equipment in the first place.

I'm sorry you spent good money on it but you bought something that doesn't actually do what it claims it does, and even if it did, you can clean and sanitize your machine and equipment on your own without spending money on a special machine. If I'd bought one I'd try to sell it on eBay and use that money to cover any supplies I might need in the future or a back-up battery or something else that is actually useful.

-Paul.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:40 am

I do not hate the useless piece of crap; but I do hate the unprincipled scum
who take advantage of people, using lies, fear and FAKE DATA.
Please ignore the trolls/shills who only post to support the foolishness that is SoClean.
The more they defend THEIR product, the less there is to defend. PERIOD!

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:43 am

I have bad news for you, we all will die. The Good News, I will die with $ 300 in my billfold, because I don't get scammed that easy. I am pretty sure it won't be my own germs that do me in, could be those germs feasting on that $ 300.00 dollars breeding in my billfold. If So Clean really worked, I could use it to de-germ my billfold, but there wouldn't be much point as that Germ covered $ 300, will have been wasted buying the So (NO) Clean. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:57 am

MrsRinPDX wrote:

This just in, con artist are unable to lie if it's written down in a document. Film at 11.
MrsRinPDX wrote:
Not a hater, just an experienced person with facts:
viewtopic/t157842/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1 ... 9#p1210375

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:58 am

colin149 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:40 am
Hello, I messed up! I went to replace my cartridge filter today and noticed I never removed the bottom blue sticky protector from my last cartridge filter. Don't know how I missed it, but I removed the top one. Are there any heath risks associated with this? Should I see a doctor? Was air not properly converted back to normal exiting the machine? I'm very worried......
Yes, you'll die... at some point.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:01 pm

omg, AGAIN?

Pass the popcorn...

After a while, it's not even funny.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:21 pm

Lucyhere wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:01 pm
omg, AGAIN?

Pass the popcorn...

After a while, it's not even funny.
Do you go by the 5 sec rule on floor dropped popcorn, after 15 seconds, you must put it in your So Clean 2, just wash it first. :lol: Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

KenH

Post by KenH » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:08 pm

I have had my SoClean just over a year. I went from 6-7 sinuous infections every year to 1 last year. I didn't do anything different than buy the SoClean. I do not like the smell of the ozone. But I love not having infections all the time. So all of you that say it is a scam.....I aint believing you. And as far as the filter. I would call SoClean. I think it would be the same as new with the tape still on it. I doubt they will tell you that though.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:19 pm

KenH wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:08 pm
I have had my SoClean just over a year. I went from 6-7 sinuous infections every year to 1 last year. I didn't do anything different than buy the SoClean. I do not like the smell of the ozone. But I love not having infections all the time. So all of you that say it is a scam.....I aint believing you. And as far as the filter. I would call SoClean. I think it would be the same as new with the tape still on it. I doubt they will tell you that though.
You are very fortunate, you must have set the machine on most of the bad germs on your table and smashed those bad germs. I use a block of wood, and have not had a sinus infection in using XPAP for 13 years, I have worn out two blocks and one had to be burned. (Termites)

I am taking a chance, I still have that germ laden $ 300 with me in my billfold. :roll: Jim

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:46 pm

KenH wrote:
I have had my SoClean just over a year. I went from 6-7 sinuous infections every year to 1 last year. I didn't do anything different than buy the SoClean.
This just in:
The cognitive dissonance is SO STRONG that all you have to do is shell out the money for noclean, and you're healthier... no actual use needed. (you may not even have to take it out of the box!)

Last edited by palerider on Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:31 pm

palerider wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:46 pm
KenH wrote:
I have had my SoClean just over a year. I went from 6-7 sinuous infections every year to 1 last year. I didn't do anything different than buy the SoClean.
This just in, the cognitive dissonance is SO STRONG that all you have to do is shell out the money for noclean, and you're healthier... no actual use needed. (you may not even have to take it out of the box!)
Leaving it in the box may make it more effective, as the footprint of it in the box will be bigger, killing more germs when you set it on the floor. :lol: Jim