philips respironic amara mask is "jumpy"

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
silvermangb

philips respironic amara mask is "jumpy"

Post by silvermangb » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:10 am

It is difficult to describe the sensation, but, it is as if the mask "jumps" or "jerks" or, suddenly moves.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Merrily

Re: philips respironic amara mask is "jumpy"

Post by Merrily » Sat May 04, 2019 9:55 am

My F&P Simplus jumps (or jerks) when my bi-pap ST switches from inhale to exhale. Keeps me awake. Pressure breathing in is currently 20; exhale is 15. Somewhere else I read a forum that this has something to do with Exhale Pressure Relief and/or Rise Time.
Yesterday I phoned my sleep doctor's nurse, tried to explain my problem, and asked if they were aware of relief for my problem, or aware of possible setting changes to my BIPAP machine. I was told they couldn't help me and to contact my DME supplier.

I called the DME supplier, left a message explaining my problem, and the possible solutions as I understood them, and asked if they were aware of any solution. Judging by past history I will be surprised if I ever hear back.

My plan is to start reading up on anything that may have something I can change on my machine. The machine does have "RISE TIME" min. Must mean minimum. I may start there.

Anyone know something about jumping masks?

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat May 04, 2019 12:15 pm

Merrily wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:55 am
My F&P Simplus jumps (or jerks) when my bi-pap ST switches from inhale to exhale. Keeps me awake. Pressure breathing in is currently 20; exhale is 15. Somewhere else I read a forum that this has something to do with Exhale Pressure Relief and/or Rise Time.
Yesterday I phoned my sleep doctor's nurse, tried to explain my problem, and asked if they were aware of relief for my problem, or aware of possible setting changes to my BIPAP machine. I was told they couldn't help me and to contact my DME supplier.

I called the DME supplier, left a message explaining my problem, and the possible solutions as I understood them, and asked if they were aware of any solution. Judging by past history I will be surprised if I ever hear back.

My plan is to start reading up on anything that may have something I can change on my machine. The machine does have "RISE TIME" min. Must mean minimum. I may start there.

Anyone know something about jumping masks?
The air pressure increases in your mask, causing it to inflate more. increasing the rise time *might* make it less noticeable, but that mask is still going to do it.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jimbud

Post by jimbud » Sat May 04, 2019 12:24 pm

kteague wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 2:44 pm
I visited this thread thinking someone with PLMD might need some help... :shock: :lol: :oops: :lol:

No,no,no!
This is not one of those either. :lol:
JPB