New PB420E and never recording an apnea?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ehusen

New PB420E and never recording an apnea?

Post by ehusen » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:20 am

Hello,

Well I've been using a Resmed APAP (Response? The one where it is an APAP but gives you no reporting information whatsoever) for over a year now. I've been a little frustrated with just "guessing" how well my treatment is going.

So I cough up the money for a PB 420E and eagerly awaited the reams of information. Well after a week or so it has shown absolutely no apneas and about 12 hyponeas. Now I would like to believe that maybe just maybe I'm getting perfect treatment but somehow I tend to think something is going wrong.

My settings are 7-16 but that is just from me adjusting things and seeing how I felt with the previous machine. My quote "setup" machine was at 4-18 (sigh, thanks so much for the "expert" help, Mr. DME dude)

So at 7-16 the 420E reports almost a 100% time spent at the minimum level of 7. My leak rate is .4 L/s or so.

Anyway, there's almost way too much information you get back from the software. I can't really go with "the how I feel test" since most days I cannot tell if the APAP makes me feel better or not.

Oh well, I'm dialing the pressure down a bit and see what happens. I can't really go below 6 though without feeling like I'm gasping for air. Heck, I turned off the ramp feature when I started this because I couldn't ever get enough air during the ramp period.

I fell I'm rambling now. I guess my question is this, do many of you have an AHI of 0 on the machine?