crying and frustrated

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ziggytosh

Re: crying and frustrated

Post by ziggytosh » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:55 pm

Just throwing in my $.02: hang in there!! It gets better. WAY better. If you can get through the transition period, you will start to feel comfortable with the equipment and you will feel much better during the day. I've been on it for three months. I'm still tinkering with masks and whatnot, looking for the optimal set-up -- and yeah, it's weird to go to sleep with all that crap stuck to your face -- but I have been feeling better and more energetic since a few weeks in. Blood pressure down, inflammations down, energy up!

Unlike you, I was actually HOPING to be diagnosed when I went in for my sleep study because I was so tired of feeling tired and I was hoping this would help. So I guess I had a little advantage because I wanted to do it from the get-go. But I am SURE that if you ride out the rough beginning, you will start to want it too and you will feel so happy with the positive impact it has on your life. No one who doesn't already love you will see you in your sleep, so don't worry about the equipment being weird.