Have anyone tried nomask.com

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bwexler

Re: Have anyone tried nomask.com

Post by bwexler » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:27 pm

I used the CPAP Pro no mask for at least six months when I first started and I really liked it EXCEPT I can not handle nasal pillows. My nostrils get chronically red and sore. I had to give up on anything with nasal pillows or even nasal masks that came in contact with the bottom of my nose, I would get sores that would scab over.

I still have a new CPAP Pro mask I would sell for $50 if anyone wants to try one.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:20 pm

Old, old, old post. Still relevant tho. If you want nasal pillows just go with the Swift FX or any of it's several imitators. That mouthpiece looks like trouble to me. Especially considering a human's mandible (lower jaw and teeth) are free floating from the surrounding bone structures, they are simply suspended with muscle ligatures. The problems start when you fall asleep and your jaw relaxes and then drops down or slides back - hence in this assembly, the pillows will part from your nostrils. IMO, it's better to secure your nasal pillows to your nostrils with straps that are placed around your skull. Your skull is certainly not going anywhere! If it does, you've definitely got bigger problems than CPAP leaks.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Gina59

CPAP Pro no-mask

Post by Gina59 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:56 pm

DO NOT ORDER THE CPAP PRO NO-MASK !!!!

C-PAP ? Should be called C-CRAP ! Deceptive advertising and policy on returns is hidden in the fine print. The customizable mouth piece is way too large and despite 3 tries to get the best possible fit, my mouth is just too small for it, and it caused me to gag. The company should definately make buyers be aware that the one size offered is for an adult male, not a female. The tubing sits way too far away from my face even adjusted to it's closest mouth position. Even if all the mouth pieces and placement of the tubing had worked, THE NOISE of this thing !! Whisper Quiet is how they describe the "in use" sound. Ridiculous how much louder it is ! My husband would have never gotten any sleep ! No problem, it doesn't work for me, so I'll just contact the company for a refund. WRONG !!
They hide behind an FDA rule that doesn't let them accept returns of used medical devices. I understand the rule, but as a business they have the option of providing good customer service or just grabbing profits. Trust me, the latter is true. At $164 + for the item, they are killin' it on the profit game, it looks like their cost is about $10 worth of plastic.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:51 pm

That oughta teach 'em.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:02 pm

We have known that for quite a while....no mask = no treatment

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:42 am

LSAT wrote:We have known that for quite a while....no mask = no treatment
You are aware that the product was a cpap interface, using a boil and bite mouthpiece instead of headgear.
Re: the comment by SirNoddingoff: (RIP, sweetheart)
the mouthpiece goes on the UPPER jaw, which does NOT move relative to the nose.

For all intents and purposes, cpap-pro is dead. (Questionable customer service)
Try the Tap Pap instead, much better design, less expensive, and sold by cpap.com.