need advice sorry long

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
G00fy217

Post by G00fy217 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:50 pm

Mikesus wrote:There is more to the Evil DME than just price. In my case Lin(dont)care didn't bother to even read the sleep study that they insisted they had to have!! (In the conclusion section it stated no nasal mask, ff only) Yes there are probably some good DME's out there, just like there are probably some good lawyers out there, but the problem is that there are a LOT of really bad ones that give the good ones a bad rep. So, the question ends up being, is bad service better than no service....
Mikesus - I went through Lincare and they were very helpful. My DME came by before I left for work so I wouldn't miss any time from work (he came over at 7am). Then when I needed a new mask because the one I had wasn't working for me, he came by on a Sunday with the new mask (and actually had different ones for me to try before I decided on one). So, I guess not all the Lincare Inc offices out there are the evil DME's.

Sorry you had a bad experience with yours!
Laughter never killed anyone..... Go ahead, laugh! It's good for you!! ;-)

Mikesus

Post by Mikesus » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:23 pm

Well in this area there are 2 in Fredericksburg VA. A co-worker's husband works with the OTHER office and they are supposedly better, but after my experience, I wasn't even going to bother... Glad that you got good service... Shame that there is such a variance in quality of service...