aveoTSD?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gaggy

aveoTSD?

Post by gaggy » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:23 am

Anyone tried this? It is listed at top of forum under news. I had a really bad night and almost purchased one. Really in a fog this morning.

Malibu

Post by Malibu » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:30 am

This looks interesting as the video shows but I wonder how long the suction really lasts? You would think 7 to 9 hours would be an awful long time to keep the suction required to keep it on your tongue. I could see a small tube attached to this and a small vacuum pump to keep the thing on but then maybe it's not necessary.

I think I will wait and see if anyone here tries it and is successful before I spend 150 US dollars on a piece of silicon rubber.

If it proves to really work, can you imagine the price drops of all the present day CPAP equipment out there on the market!!!!

Marc

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): video

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:34 am

Do a "search" on this forum.....it's been discussed here occasionally.

(Nothing I'd want to try)

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Malibu

Post by Malibu » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:55 am

Den,

You are correct. It sounded "new" to me so I guess I forgot to do a search.

Very interesting reading from fellow forum members....

Take care and have a great holiday!

Marc

gaggy

Post by gaggy » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:21 am

Yea, really in a fog. Did not even think to do a search. Thanks yall. You keep me on track.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:58 pm

Malibu wrote:Den,

You are correct. It sounded "new" to me so I guess I forgot to do a search.

Very interesting reading from fellow forum members....

Take care and have a great holiday!

Marc
Same to y'all.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

snork1

Aveao TSD vs dental device

Post by snork1 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:52 pm

I volunteered to be lab rat for the Aveo TSD and really wrung it out.

Sad to say, its just too many down sides and problems for a $150 experiment.

http://www.quietsleep.com/oralappliance ... escrip.htm

It is just about impossible to hold suction all night, and its a very fine balance between too much suction causes too much tongue web soreness and less soreness, but having it pop off all night.

Although I must say I have a VERY short tongue, basically my tongue is all "shifted back". So people with long or normal tongues might have a better time with it.

I would instead put the same amount of money into TRYING a cheap dental device such as the Somnoguard AP, which runs about the price of a CPAP mask...or less, at $160 and doesn't require a prescription for the cheap version.

The somnoguard works with the same prinicple as something like the TAP dental device, which is another possible route if you really want to take the plunge and do it up right, going through a certified sleep dentist. The somnoguard is just less comfortable and is bulkier.

Check out talkaboutsleep.com dental sleep medicine forum for more information or discussion before snoredog jumps in here and starts whining about people talking about other ways of trying to deal with apnea than CPAP. And he flames on about cluttering up the forum with discussions about dental devices instead of talking about jokes, pets, grandchildren, seasons greetings and other CPAP topics or the 18millionth time someone asks about rainout instead of searching 2 topics down.
and
Merry Winter Solstice everyone!

Remember:
What you read above is only one data point based on one person's opinion.
I am not a doctor, nor do I even play one on TV.
Your mileage may vary.
Follow ANY advice or opinions at your own risk.
Not everything you read is true.

SelfSeeker

Re: Aveao TSD vs dental device

Post by SelfSeeker » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:44 am

snork1,

Why was I not surprised you posted in this topic.

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us.
snork1 wrote:I volunteered to be lab rat for the Aveo TSD and really wrung it out.

Sad to say, its just too many down sides and problems for a $150 experiment.

http://www.quietsleep.com/oralappliance ... escrip.htm

It is just about impossible to hold suction all night, and its a very fine balance between too much suction causes too much tongue web soreness and less soreness, but having it pop off all night.

Although I must say I have a VERY short tongue, basically my tongue is all "shifted back". So people with long or normal tongues might have a better time with it.

I would instead put the same amount of money into TRYING a cheap dental device such as the Somnoguard AP, which runs about the price of a CPAP mask...or less, at $160 and doesn't require a prescription for the cheap version.

The somnoguard works with the same prinicple as something like the TAP dental device, which is another possible route if you really want to take the plunge and do it up right, going through a certified sleep dentist. The somnoguard is just less comfortable and is bulkier.

Check out talkaboutsleep.com dental sleep medicine forum for more information or discussion before snoredog jumps in here and starts whining about people talking about other ways of trying to deal with apnea than CPAP. And he flames on about cluttering up the forum with discussions about dental devices instead of talking about jokes, pets, grandchildren, seasons greetings and other CPAP topics or the 18millionth time someone asks about rainout instead of searching 2 topics down.
and
Merry Winter Solstice everyone!

My disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, nor have I ever worked in the health care field Just my personal opinions.

THE HARD TRUTH

Re: aveoTSD?

Post by THE HARD TRUTH » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:19 pm

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE AVEO TSD. IT JUST WILL NOT STAY ON ALL NIGHT.I TRIED POLIDENT TO HOLD IT 40% SUCESS RATE. tHEN i TRIED SOMETHING THAT YOU WOULD NEVER THINK OF PEANUT BUTTER AND IT WORKED.

Raymond's Wife

Re: aveoTSD?

Post by Raymond's Wife » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:13 am

I am the wife of a TSD user. My husband bought the Aveo from his dentist about 10 months ago. We were both a little sceptial but, thought why not give it a try. A few years ago he was diagnosed as having a mild case of sleep apena but, the snoring was what made him ask his dentist for help. We both got a good laugh at the "adult pacifier" but thank goodness he was game to try it. It took about 5-7 nights for him to get use to it. At first he thought it would not work but, thankfully his dentist insisted that it was normal to have a breaking in period. He now loves it! He no longer wakes up with a headache and his mouth is nice and moist.
Unfortunately on a visit to Arizona last week with friends their dog got it off the nightstand and chewed it up. In searching on the internet for one less than the one we bought for $265. from our dentist I found this forum. Didn't mean to make this so long but, feel if someone has a snorer or mild case of sleep apena you might have them try this. I no longer have to go to another bedroom to get a good nights sleep. His loving wife, Eva