Wrist Slapped by DME - sort of

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
blacknebula

Wrist Slapped by DME - sort of

Post by blacknebula » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:51 am

Went in today after 2 months on APAP to trade my rental machine for the actual one (long story involving miscommunication with insurance company that delayed things). He was a little perturbed that I had changed my pressure settings and lectured me on how this was "not recommended'. However, after he reviewed all my data he agreed that what I had done was entirely appropriate and left it that way. :lol:

Thanks to everyone on this board for their patience and time in providing advice to us newbies!

Bertha deBlues

Re: Wrist Slapped by DME - sort of

Post by Bertha deBlues » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:14 pm

Good for you! They can't argue with results. :D
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. - Paul McCartney

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:46 pm

They never questioned me. I changed the min setting from 13 to 13.5, I changed it from CPAP to automatic and put the max on 20. I also disabled exhalation relief.

Holden4th

Post by Holden4th » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:00 am

blacknebula wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:51 am
Went in today after 2 months on APAP to trade my rental machine for the actual one (long story involving miscommunication with insurance company that delayed things). He was a little perturbed that I had changed my pressure settings and lectured me on how this was "not recommended'. However, after he reviewed all my data he agreed that what I had done was entirely appropriate and left it that way. :lol:

Thanks to everyone on this board for their patience and time in providing advice to us newbies!
Not recommended but certainly legal.

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:50 pm

Holden4th wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:00 am
blacknebula wrote:

For that vast majority of people, changing the settings is an important step to success. Lots of people get sent home with a machine that is set wide open and basically designed to cause failure.

Obviously, you have to know why you are making changes and what you intend to improve. But most people DO find improvements with changing the settings. And many doctors are useless when it comes to looking at the data and making the settings more optimal.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:52 pm

Holden4th wrote:
blacknebula wrote:
lectured me on how this was "not recommended'. However, after he reviewed all my data he agreed that what I had done was entirely appropriate and left it that way. :lol:
Depends on who's talking as to whether it's recommended.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Holden4th

Post by Holden4th » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:23 am

palerider wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:52 pm
Holden4th wrote:
blacknebula wrote:
lectured me on how this was "not recommended'. However, after he reviewed all my data he agreed that what I had done was entirely appropriate and left it that way. :lol:
Depends on who's talking as to whether it's recommended.
Point taken.