Tips for my new Airsense Auto?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
TalonNYC

Tips for my new Airsense Auto?

Post by TalonNYC » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:22 pm

Hi folks!

So I finally replaced my ResMed 9 Auto with a new AirSense 10 Auto. I've gone through and activated clinician mode and made the adjustments I'd made on the old unit (mostly turning off ramp and *ahem* possibly adjusting some other stuff *cough*). For those who have been using this version of the Resmed for a while, any tips/tricks I should be aware of?

The humidifier reservoir looks like it holds a lot less water, is that just an optical illusion? On very dry nights I actually did run the Hi5 dry in years past, so that's a concern.

Thanks in advance.

palerider

Re: Tips for my new Airsense Auto?

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:35 pm

TalonNYC wrote:(mostly turning off ramp and *ahem* possibly adjusting some other stuff *cough*)..
*raises eyebrow*

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

TalonNYC

Post by TalonNYC » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:37 pm

Nothing funky, I just changed the minimum pressure from the original setting since I prefer it to start higher.

PST

Post by PST » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:40 pm

I have had mine for a couple of years and like it a lot. It is very quiet and generally trouble free. The one problem I had was an occasional tendency to push the pressure too high and leave it there. My doctor originally set it on some kind of wide open range, 10 to 20 I think. I don't know what would set it off -- maybe some kind of leak situation -- but every once in a while it went to 20 and didn't come down. Anyway, I adjusted the top pressure to something in line with what I had before on my constant pressure machine, then I monitored my results closely for a few weeks to be sure I wasn't developing a bad AHI. It's been fine ever since. I don't know about the small reservoir. I stopped humidifying years ago and don't miss it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:46 pm

It's an optical illusion...they both hold 380 ml of water per the spec page.

BUT...having used a S9 and now the AirSense...I find that the AirSense does use a bit more water. The humidity settings are a bit different in what you end up with so you may need to play with it a bit. I have come really close to having a dry chamber with the AirSense and while close sometimes on the S9...not this close.
If the house is dry...and I sleep more than 8 1/2 hours...I will pretty much use up all my water with my preferred setting of 6 on the humidity side of things.
Now if it is raining outside and the windows are open and it isn't so dry in the house...might not use any water to speak of at all.

So just be aware that even though the containers say 380 ml....you may or may not find that water consumption varies a bit.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

TalonNYC

Post by TalonNYC » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:47 pm

Thanks PST - I will keep a close eye on it and see if I have the same issue.

TalonNYC

Post by TalonNYC » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:48 pm

Thanks Pugsy - a great source of info as always!

lucas7bm

Post by lucas7bm » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:57 pm

TalonNYC wrote:Nothing funky, I just changed the minimum pressure from the original setting since I prefer it to start higher.
I don't get it. Is there any secret easter egg on the S10 that I don't know?
Maybe with some combinations can we unlock a new character like in the old arcades?
"Act as if the maxims of your action were to become through your will a universal law of nature." (KANT, Immanuel)

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm

TalonNYC wrote:Nothing funky, I just changed the minimum pressure from the original setting since I prefer it to start higher.
The raised eyebrow was for the
TalonNYC wrote:*ahem* ... *cough*)
Taking control of things and adjusting to optimize therapy is what we're all about here.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:01 pm

lucas7bm wrote:
I don't get it. Is there any secret easter egg on the S10 that I don't know?
Maybe with some combinations can we unlock a new character like in the old arcades?
Depends, what do you know? do you have the clinicians manual?

and, no.