Climate Line hose wrong one sent

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Arizona-Willie

Climate Line hose wrong one sent

Post by Arizona-Willie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:14 am

My insurance sent my a Climateline hose with oxygen adapter but they sent the one for the new Airsense 10 machine.

The hookup looks entirely different. Is it possible to use this with my S9 APAP?

Pugsy

Re: Climate Line hose wrong one sent

Post by Pugsy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:16 am

The AirSense heated hose and the S9 heated hose are NOT interchangeable.

Exactly which heated hose did you get and is the oxygen adapter in the hose or was it separate?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Arizona-Willie

Post by Arizona-Willie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:49 am

The manual says " ClimateLineAir Oxy ".

The old hose had the oxy come in the side but this one has a different configuration wwith a large white plug with an oxy port on the end.

I asked myu insurance to send me a hose a couple months ago and they sent me a regular hose. This time I got someone who knew what it was and they sent a hose but not for my S9 machine.

I'm wondering if they still make the Climateline hoses with oxy port for S9 machines. The new Airsense has been out a couple of years I think and they may have stopped making them, I dunno.

I kinda hate to have to buy a new machine ... I've loved my S9 APAP.

Are the new Airs Sense 10's actually any better or are they just a new model to sell more machines?

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:07 pm

When I was in the hospital recently, they added oxygen to my hose by putting a small plastic fitting with an oxygen port on it between my climateline hose and the short hose I use.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Arizona-Willie

Post by Arizona-Willie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:28 pm

I needed a new hose because this one has holes from our cat biting it because she ( apparently ) thought it was a snake. Got the holes taped up and it works.

I bought my S9 just about the first day it came out --- years ago and it has done yeoman service. I really love this old machine.

Not to mention it was a couple hundred dollars cheaper because I got it before Resmed cracked down and made CPAP.COM sell for the same price as brick and mortar stores.

They talk about it is so much lighter but I don't really care about that. In fact it worries me that it would be even easier to pull off of the nightstand accidentally during the night.

I wonder if there is any real advantage to the new AirSense units.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:54 pm

Minor improvements, to my observation.
I had to get mine, because my good old S9 was making noises and losing data.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:27 pm

ClimateLineAir Oxy ....that is indeed the one for the AirSense.
The reason I asked for clarification is that I didn't know (hadn't seen) the AirSense heated hose model with oxygen port yet.

The one for the S9 is still made and still available.
ResMed may have officially discontinued the manufacture of that model but all the accessories and replacement items will be available for many years.

What you need is the ClimateLine Oxy....note the missing "Air" part in the model name.
there is also the large diameter ClimateLine Max Oxy that will work on the S9 machines.
I thought that only the ClimateLine Max had the oxygen port.
I can't seem to find the slimline version with the "Max' in the name.
https://www.resmed.com/epn/en/healthcar ... x-oxy.html

At any rate...call your DME and see if they will switch it out with the S9 compatible hose.
If they won't and want to be buttheads about it...get with me privately. While I don't have a S9 heated hose with the oxygen port thing...maybe I can get one and swap with you. I have an AirSense machine and while I don't need the oxygen thing..doesn't mean I can't use a hose that has it.

You shouldn't need to buy a new machine just for hose compatibility for more years than we can count...your S9 will be dead long before they stop making that hose.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:24 pm

Pugsy wrote:ClimateLineAir Oxy ....that is indeed the one for the AirSense.
The reason I asked for clarification is that I didn't know (hadn't seen) the AirSense heated hose model with oxygen port yet.

The one for the S9 is still made and still available.
ResMed may have officially discontinued the manufacture of that model but all the accessories and replacement items will be available for many years.

What you need is the ClimateLine Oxy....note the missing "Air" part in the model name.
there is also the large diameter ClimateLine Max Oxy that will work on the S9 machines.
I thought that only the ClimateLine Max had the oxygen port.
I can't seem to find the slimline version with the "Max' in the name.
https://www.resmed.com/epn/en/healthcar ... x-oxy.html
The climateline max oxy is REF 36996, I can't find a ref for the regular... I think you're right that only the max had the port.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Arizona-Willie

Post by Arizona-Willie » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:45 am

I see that CPAP.COM has the correct hose.

The simpllist thing would be to just order one our of pocket from CPAP.

I could wait a few months until I'm eligible for another new hose from the insurance and try again, which I may do. I can still use the old hose without any problem.

But they keep offering me a new hose so I figured I might as well but they've got it wrong twice now (nsurance).

I was thining of getting the AirSense so I could give my SO my S9 but she refuses to even try it because it will " mess up her hair ".

I wonder how so many women manage to use CPAP.
Especially those with curly hair. She gets it done every week.

Oh well, thanks for the advice folks.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:44 am

Do you have any experience with buying something and seeking reimbursement from your insurance? Is this something you would feel comfortable exploring with them?
If so, the most expeditious process might be to buy from our host (https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... rt-S9.html) and going the reimbursement route. If you can get the AS10 through insurance, you might consider it as an alternative and keep the S9 as back up. What about the S9 creates your wife's concern with her hair? I would think that the mask would be the only thing and that is not dependent on the machine itself.

(addendum) I have a standard ClimateLine for the S9, (https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... ntrol.html) if you want it, it's yours for $10 plus the cost of postage. I will include two additional items that might be helpful: an oxygen adapter that connects to the unpowered end of the tube plus a hose cozy that is useful in routing the O2 tubing to the inlet. (However, I would ask one additional question - if you are using the Quattro FX Full Face CPAP Mask shown in your profile, why not use the port on the mask?) A third thing I can include would be a sealed long - about 25 ft, I think - length of O2 tubing. Let me know if you are interested.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:40 pm

Arizona-Willie wrote:I was thining of getting the AirSense so I could give my SO my S9 but she refuses to even try it because it will " mess up her hair "..
There's something coming for her: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01ifvKdYZF8 (no, seriously)... watch all three videos.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:42 pm

JimW159 wrote:(addendum) I have a standard ClimateLine for the S9, (https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... ntrol.html) if you want it, it's yours for $10 plus the cost of postage. .
Before resmed came out with the oxy, I'd seen a couple people that drilled a hole in the side of the coupler, (getting lucky and avoiding the wiring) and glued a hose bib onto a regular climateline.