TouchPoint solution for getting to sleep

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Uncle_Bob

TouchPoint solution for getting to sleep

Post by Uncle_Bob » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:59 pm

I wonder if anyone has any experience with the TouchPoint solution? aka "buzzies", neurological devices which they claim help you to fall asleep.

https://thetouchpointsolution.com

TouchPoints™ utilize proven Bi-lateral Alternating Stimulant Tactile (BLAST) technology to help you fall asleep. Proven to physically block the body’s stress response, BLAST technology can increase parasympathetic activity when used minutes before sleep.

I have a pair of devices that I plan on using for sleep starting next week. I have already used them when I get anxious and I think they help but i don't know if its just mind over matter instead.
Personally I would have not have purchased these myself, they are not cheap. I received them as a Christmas gift from my wife.
So I have no choice but to use them (not return) and even if I don't like them I have to pretend that I do, telling her she got me snake oil is not an option

I'll try to update this thread with my experiences if anyone's interested.

~UB

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: TouchPoint solution for getting to sleep

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:09 pm

She is lucky to have you.

AMK

Post by AMK » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:13 pm

I am very interested in updates.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:24 pm

Uncle_Bob wrote: I received them as a Christmas gift from my wife.
So I have no choice but to use them (not return) and even if I don't like them I have to pretend that I do, telling her she got me snake oil is not an option
So, if you post here next week that they work great, how will we know that you are not just saying that because she is following this thread?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:07 pm

Uncle_Bob wrote:I wonder if anyone has any experience with the TouchPoint solution? aka "buzzies", neurological devices which they claim help you to fall asleep.

https://thetouchpointsolution.com

TouchPoints™ utilize proven Bi-lateral Alternating Stimulant Tactile (BLAST) technology to help you fall asleep. Proven to physically block the body’s stress response, BLAST technology can increase parasympathetic activity when used minutes before sleep.

I have a pair of devices that I plan on using for sleep starting next week. I have already used them when I get anxious and I think they help but i don't know if its just mind over matter instead.
Personally I would have not have purchased these myself, they are not cheap. I received them as a Christmas gift from my wife.

I'll try to update this thread with my experiences if anyone's interested.

~UB
I'd test them on her cat first, just in case wife was trying to do you in. You don't use a DeFib do you? Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

kteague

Post by kteague » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:17 am

While I'm not quite sold, I am curious due to past dealings with the neurologic aspect of PLMD and TENS use, and some long standing reactions to certain stimuli related to respiratory problems. This item seems to be a process of interrupting habituated patterns in the brain, and I've been made of believer in the importance of doing so. I'm guessing there's limits to what it can really fix, but that's ok if there are some situations for which this application works. Do let us know how this works out for your purposes.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:18 pm

I am getting increasingly curious about tinnitus desensitization.
The less we know--the more there is to learn.