Sleepyhead problems

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Josiah

Sleepyhead problems

Post by Josiah » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:07 am

I'm finding Sleepyhead not very user friendly. Do I really need to have and online Sleepyhead Wiki account in order to use the program?
I know that I have read my SD data into a folder on my PC but have had no success in getting sleepyhead to process the data
Are there any cpaptalk postings that might help me?
Josiah

Pugsy

Re: Sleepyhead problems

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:12 am

No. You don't need anything special to use SleepyHead.

Take a look at RobySue's tutorial and see what you might be missing.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph ... d#pid73182

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Josiah

Post by Josiah » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:54 am

Pugsy, the screen shots in the Beginner's Guide are somewhat different from what my download of Sleephead is showing me. But I did the profile and I imported the data from my SD card but after that nothing happened and so I clicked the menu item Statistics and Sleephead responded that it couldn't find any data. I know exactly where the data is but Sleepyhead doesn't.
Josiah

Josiah

Post by Josiah » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:59 am

My version of Sleephead gave me a dialog box at the time of importing to select the destination folder This dialog box is never mentioned in the Beginner's Guide.
Josiah

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:02 am

Yes....we have to tell SleepyHead where to look for the needed files to download. Did you point the download to the drive letter where the SD card is sitting or did you try to tell SH to go deeper into the SD card?

Which version did you download...and what is the operating system on your computer?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Josiah

Post by Josiah » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:19 am

SH Import found my SD card and imported the data into the destination folder I had chosen

My version of SH is SleepyHead 1.0.0-beta-2 and I installed it on my Windows 7 PC
Josiah

Josiah

Post by Josiah » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:34 am

I take back what I said about where import put my SD data. What I saw on my C disk was a folder called Sleephead Data and what was in it is profile data and none of the files in the folder was large enough to include my SD data. And yet when I clicked SH import I was shown a progress bar which showed a lot of data going somewhere
Josiah

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:48 am

If it imported (showed the progress bar) then you should have data available unless you changed the path that SH wants to default to.
SH knows where to put the files so it can find them. If you changed the path then you may have confused SH.
Try creating a new profile and import to that profile without changing the path or direction or anything...just let SH find the SD card and do the import and all you do is tell it "yes".

Josiah

Post by Josiah » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:12 am

Pugsy

I found a problem which may fix things. I'll keep you uptodate.
Josiah

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:19 am

Do keep me posted.
SH should work fine on Windows 7...I used to have Windows 7 so I know it will work.
Now there was a potential issue with a missing dll file but you didn't mention any error messages so I didn't go there in my thinking.

Josiah

Post by Josiah » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:21 am

Success!

Last nights AHI was .99

Even though I didn't have an SD card installed on Thursday I got some data from the first night.
Last edited by Josiah on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josiah

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:21 am

How many drives do you have? If only one, (assuming yours is a Windows 10 machine) go to the Windows icon in the lower left of the desktop. Click on that and you should see several blue squares - click on the one that says "this PC". A screen will pop up that shows the contents of the PC's drives and several folders. In the upper right will be a window that says "search", type "profiles.xml" (no quotes) in the box and click on the magnifying glass symbol. You should see the earlier contents disappear and a green bar begin growing - at some point you should see a file name of profiles show up with its drive and its resident folder. Right click on the file and select "open file location". This will take you to the SleepyHead folder that contains two folders (profiles and screenshots) and three XML files (layout, preferences, and profiles). The profiles folder contains all the data you have imported. Toward the top of the screen you will be able to see the path to this location. Use it in telling SH where to put and use data.

EDIT - now that I know you have a Win 7 machine, I forget the step by step but figure you will get it cleared up.

Josiah

Post by Josiah » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:29 am

My mistake reflects rather negatively on my cognitive abilities and frankly I'm too embarrassed to mention it.
Josiah

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:33 am

Josiah wrote:Success!

Last nights AHI was .99

Even though I didn't have an SD card installed on Thursday I got some data from the first night.
Your machine does store some limited summary data in its internal memory and that first night summary data was written to the SD card when you inserted it.
All those graphs and detailed data.....that has to go directly to the SD card so the SD card must be in the machine all night when you use the machine if you want to see all the detailed stuff. If you forget and leave the SD card in your computer...and then realize it the next day and put the SD card back in the machine ...you get only the limited summary data.

Good job on getting SH up and running and good job on the AHI last night.
Don't worry so much about all those graphs that SH will give you..just get a grip on the basics like the AHI and leak to start with.
Most of that other stuff has such a wide range of norms (like resp rate or the various volume stuff) that it really isn't that productive to worry about them anyway.

And if you don't want to identify the user error that you had a problem with....that's okay too.
I have done some pretty stupid things in my day...and sometimes I want to share and sometimes I don't. When I do it's usually "this dumb ass did this"...

zonker

Post by zonker » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:04 pm

Josiah wrote:My mistake reflects rather negatively on my cognitive abilities and frankly I'm too embarrassed to mention it.
been there, done that! but the good news is that, 1. you discovered what the "problem" was and 2. as you progress, you'll wonder why you ever had a problem with sleepyhead in the first place.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg