Amara View-hisses and farts

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
AMESS

Amara View-hisses and farts

Post by AMESS » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:29 am

I really want to like my Amara View mask. First time--No leaks, 0.9 ahi--best scores with any mask . Problem-- eventually it hisses and farts. Not enough to make bad scores-just enough to keep me awake. Do I tighten it--loosen it? Is there an answer that works here?

knothead

Re: Amara View-hisses and farts

Post by knothead » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:37 am

Be sure you are lying down, when it starts hissing & farting just try snugging up the straps a tad. Thats what I do and it actually works...
Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

Last edited by knothead on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:42 am

Mask liner and maybe just a little more tension (tightening)...but just a little.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

AMESS

Post by AMESS » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:48 am

Pugs--which strap ?

jsielke

Post by jsielke » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:57 am

AMESS wrote:I really want to like my Amara View mask. First time--No leaks, 0.9 ahi--best scores with any mask . Problem-- eventually it hisses and farts. Not enough to make bad scores-just enough to keep me awake. Do I tighten it--loosen it? Is there an answer that works here?
Are you SURE it's the mask that's farting??

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:00 am

jsielke wrote:
AMESS wrote:I really want to like my Amara View mask. First time--No leaks, 0.9 ahi--best scores with any mask . Problem-- eventually it hisses and farts. Not enough to make bad scores-just enough to keep me awake. Do I tighten it--loosen it? Is there an answer that works here?
Are you SURE it's the mask that's farting??
My thoughts exactly......

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:02 am

AMESS wrote:Pugs--which strap ?
I have no way of knowing which strap because I am not there but play with both but in tiny changes...but do investigate the mask liner.
It helps diffuse the low level leaks that can cause the hissing and farting sounds so that they are much less annoying and less likely to disturb your sleep.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:49 am

If you would like to try making your own liners, send me your regular email address in a PM. I will send you a copy of the pattern i used for making g my liners when I used that mask.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

AMESS

Post by AMESS » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:57 am

The resp. therapist actually gave me one with the mask. About time for me to use it. TY anyway.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:28 am

The best ones are made by Karen (a member here) at padacheeks.com. They do not shift around and are attached to the mask, plus they are washable and will last a long time.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

nicholasjh1

Post by nicholasjh1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:16 am

Yep I actually got the padacheek one and it's great. Stays on and definitely defuses any leaks, it also lowers leaks so I can get a better fit with less leaks.
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation, starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"

nicholasjh1

Post by nicholasjh1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:17 am

The other thing I would suggest if you don't end up liking the liners is washing your face everynight right before bed. My shave and wash has done wonders for improving my leak outcomes.
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation, starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"

AMESS

Post by AMESS » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:28 am

Nichol--I am not a man and I can assure you that my face gets washed every night. But Ty anyway!

nicholasjh1

Post by nicholasjh1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:38 am

AMESS wrote:Nichol--I am not a man and I can assure you that my face gets washed every night. But Ty anyway!
lol, I realize that, I was talking about the face washing part. self differentiation is your friend.

klm49

Post by klm49 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:15 pm

All of the Amara Views I have had make noise and it comes from the elbow on the mask somewhere. If you rotate the elbow/hose around you will eventually find a spot that doesn't make noise. I sleep on my left side and I have to run my hose under my right arm to keep my mask from hissiing. If strap tightning doesn't make your noise go away, try rotating the hose/elbow.

Resmed AirCurve10 Vauto w/humidifier
Amara View mask
O2 - 2-4 lpm