CMS 50D+ accurate?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
USMCVet

Re: CMS 50D+ accurate?

Post by USMCVet » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:32 am

No I have to bring it back today. I did however wear mine on other hand at same time though to check accuracy. Initially mine was reading higher by 2 to 4% but after 2 minutes or so they were pretty much in sync with each other . I am convinced now mine is accurate.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:04 pm

Pugsy wrote:It is extremely unlikely that a lone hyponea would cause any desat. Not enough flow reduction and most likely not nearly long enough in duration.

Put the thing on your finger and watch the pulse ox...hold your breath for as long as you can hold it and see if the oxygen level changes significantly.
Not a good way the body holds over 4 minutes of O2 in your system, the heart is circulating O2 parked in your blood cells. Dropping your O2 by not breathing is a slow process, it works better if you stop your heart from pumping blood. Not a recommendation, just a fact! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:14 pm

Goofproof wrote: Not a good way the body holds over 4 minutes of O2 in your system, the heart is circulating O2 parked in your blood cells. Dropping your O2 by not breathing is a slow process, it works better if you stop your heart from pumping blood. Not a recommendation, just a fact! Jim
My suggestion was for evaluating what one lone apnea event might do in terms of O2 levels and not for long term repeated OSA event desat evaluation.
It's the only way we as lay people can evaluate that one lone apnea event. O2 levels won't/can't drop all that much just from holding your breath briefly for the very reasons you mention. Most of us can't hold our breath anywhere near long enough to impact the O2 levels if we have nice normal lung function. Now someone with lung issues might be a different story.

My suggestion was meant to reassure those people who see one lone apnea event of some sort and think that "OMG I couldn't breath for 20 seconds so my O2 levels must have tanked"....it won't happen in otherwise healthy lungs with a single random lone apnea event.

Now repeated back to back apnea events that's a whole different story and people with lung problems is also a whole different story.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:31 pm

Went to release of information today to get my results. 9 hours and 23 minutes total test time. I spent 93 minutes under 88% and 55.8% of total testing time was <90%.