Here we go again or the saga continues

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lilly747

Re: Here we go again or the saga continues

Post by lilly747 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Okie bipap wrote:Your Nurse S sounds like some of the people I have worked with in the past. "Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is already made up."

You hit it right on the nail.........

lilly747

Post by lilly747 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:56 pm

Well here is an update. I can not get Lincare to give me a TES or NO as to if I qualify for a new VPAP replacment. I don't know where the problem is and I can't seem to find out from them either. The office I am working with does not submit the info to Medicare, they send it to their home offive. so the office I am working with says they don;t know what the problem is, and they are waiting for their main office to give a yes or no on replacement. What a cluster f....

My doctor says to do the sleep study and he will show I can not use a CPAP and order me the replacement machine I want. My daughter says she will write a letter to Lincare as my attorney if I want. But i am thinking i will wait and file a complaint with Medicare after i get through this and get my machie.

lilly747

Post by lilly747 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:49 pm

Another update

I found out the problem with getting replacement. My sleep study 5 years ago was done with a fixed pressure cpap setup. It was my doctor, 3 months later, who reported to the DME that I had failed the cpap and needed a bilevel. The DME never reported this to Medicare nor did they charge Medicre for the bilevel. So Medicare has a sleep study done on a cpap and my new DME is asking for a bilevel. So moving foward........

I just finished a 2 day sleep study. I was told I have severe Apnea with a desat of 75%. The second night they did the titration, and they started the study in cpap mode. Not long after the study started, I told them I could not sleep with the way they had the machine set, so they switched to bipap mode. The next morning, I was told I did much better with the machine than without, but I might have to come back for another titration with a Bipap ST. I know nothing about ST bilevels and the tech said nothing about why I might need one. So I am on hold for now