Mask Models

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MaxINTJ

Mask Models

Post by MaxINTJ » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:08 am

Well, after waiting weeks, I did hear back from Resmed regarding my top mounted hose question. Does do me any good, but this is their reply:

"Thank you for your email, we apologise for the delay in response. To view our latest product range visit http://www.ResMed.com, at this time we do not have a mask featuring a top mounting hose but we thank you for your feedback.

Customer feedback is valuable to ResMed and will be forwarded to our product and development team for the purpose of continuous improvement and enhancing of ResMed products."

Sigh....
Phillips 960 AutoSV Paving Brick, Phillips Dreamwear Mask - Nothing is working.
Diagnosis of crappy sleep, desats under 80, maybe UARS

grayghost4

Re: Mask Models

Post by grayghost4 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:32 am

If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:37 am

Not sure what this is for. The mask has a front mounted hose like all Resmed masks.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:57 am

MaxINTJ wrote:Well, after waiting weeks, I did hear back from Resmed regarding my top mounted hose question. Does do me any good, but this is their reply:

"Thank you for your email, we apologise for the delay in response. To view our latest product range visit http://www.ResMed.com, at this time we do not have a mask featuring a top mounting hose but we thank you for your feedback.

Customer feedback is valuable to ResMed and will be forwarded to our product and development team for the purpose of continuous improvement and enhancing of ResMed products."

Sigh....
I don't know what your question was, but why does it have to be ResMed? There are top mounted hoses from other manufacturers.

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:26 am

LSAT wrote:
MaxINTJ wrote:Well, after waiting weeks, I did hear back from Resmed regarding my top mounted hose question. Does do me any good, but this is their reply:

Sigh....
I don't know what your question was, but why does it have to be ResMed? There are top mounted hoses from other manufacturers.
The ONLY top mounted hose is the Dreamwear. It would be nice if there were choices across the types of masks, but there's not.

I had asked if they had plans to make any top mounted hose models.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:28 am

MaxINTJ wrote:
Not sure what this is for. The mask has a front mounted hose like all Resmed masks.
I believe this was given to show you that there is a way to guide the hose to the top of the head and attach it there.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:49 am

OkyDoky wrote:
MaxINTJ wrote:
I believe this was given to show you that there is a way to guide the hose to the top of the head and attach it there.
But that makes no difference, the hose is still mounted at the front and there is an extra 2-4" of "stuff" hanging off your face. This type of arrangement would be even worse for me - not only is all the "stuff" there, now it extends "stuff" up the middle of your face.

The nice thing about a top mounted hose is that anything over the nose, mouth, or both can be minimal as it doesn't need to have all the "stuff" for the hose. I would probably be a lot further along in getting to my treatment working if there was a top mounted hybrid and FFM for me to use. The size of the mask would still cause issues, but without all the protruding plastic it would be easier to get into a comfortable position.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:06 pm

Papcap, I believe, has an option for the hose loop on top.
Alternatively, one could wear a biker bandanna under headgear with a pony tie sewed/pinned to the top.
Nothing like a bandanna with skulls to look awesome in bed.

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:15 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Papcap, I believe, has an option for the hose loop on top.
Alternatively, one could wear a biker bandanna under headgear with a pony tie sewed/pinned to the top.
Please be serious.

How the hell could anyone sleep face down AT ALL with that monstrosity on their face?

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:20 pm

MaxINTJ

"Kvetching is the mother of invention"

...just got to latch on to the right ankle
go get 'em boy

(and please report back)
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:35 pm

If you can only sleep with your face straight down, you could look at Sleepweaver Advance,
and accept the fact that the hose goes DOWN, not up.
We all make compromises to use cpap comfortably.
There is no "perfect".
I do not like having to test my blood sugar or inject insulin, but it it WORKS.
Cpap masks are NOT "monstrosities", and you will have trouble dealing with it until you discard your rage.

Last edited by chunkyfrog on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:39 pm

I think it was a good idea to contact ResMed. Now they know at least one of their customers wants a head exit hose. If enough want that type of arrangement they will make one. But unless one tell them, they don't know what one wants.

In other words you have to build roads before they will arrive on that on the road.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:44 pm

MaxINTJ wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:Papcap, I believe, has an option for the hose loop on top.
Please be serious.

How the hell could anyone sleep face down AT ALL with that monstrosity on their face?
Only way to sleep with your face down is to replace your bed with a massage table. SERIOUSLY!
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:53 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:If you can only sleep with your face straight down, you could look at Sleepweaver Advance,
and accept the fact that the hose goes DOWN, not up.
We all make compromises to use cpap comfortably.
There is no "perfect".
I do not like having to test my blood sugar or inject insulin, but it it WORKS.
Cpap masks are NOT "monstrosities", and you will have trouble dealing with it until you discard your rage.
OK, this is just silly. I have posted enough times that ONE of my issues dealing with my SDB is the fact I wind tunnel at high pressure with a nasal mask - the Sleepweaver Advance is a nasal mask, and it is vastly inferior in comparison to the Dreamwear that I own.

I need a FFM or hybrid with a top mount hose if I ever get my own ASV - to make it work.

The smaller hybrids and FFMs are not monstrosities. They just protrude way too far which isn't needed with a top mounted hose.

There are enormous masks that protrude at the mouth and nose AND the forehead.

Then there are monstrosities (Papcap) that extend that protrusion from chin to the top of the head - for no real reason. It leaves zero place on the front of the head that can touch a pillow.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:25 pm

I'm trying to picture how you are sleeping. If the front of your head is on the pillow, where is your face? Do you have a whole cut out of the pillow?
I sleep on my stomach and in fact it was my almost exclucsive position prior to CPAP (probably due to apnea), but now I sleep comfortably in any position.
I believe most people who sleep on their stomach turn their face to one side and the mask rests on the edge of the pillow.
Also many people use nasal pillows and masks at high pressures. My IPAP is 15 and many are higher. If mouth opening is a problem they work on that or use a FF mask. As far as the hose some people use management systems. My P10 has a very flexible short hose and I just place my hand on the connection. That way when I want to turn, I already know where the hose is and hardly wake at all. Getting any mask to fit without leaks can be a challenge but it can be done.

You know the availability of masks with top of head hoses and have voiced your need to the manufacturer. You just have to find what will work from what is available. So now take a look at other masks that might fit your wants and when you find a close match or possible "might do" ask users here about that mask.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760