Congratulations Pugsy!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Janknitz

Re: Congratulations Pugsy!

Post by Janknitz » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:29 pm

Mazel Tov, Pugsy!!!

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.*

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... ret-atwood
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:01 pm

Mark55 wrote:what are your plans for your new salary?
I have been drooling over a new truck but that's not going to happen.

Just to make it clear in case any one wonders....there is no compensation for being moderator...not even a penny...darn.
I won't be getting rich for sure.

My only reward will be in having a nice place for all of us to come and share our thoughts and ideas and have some fun while helping people in the process. I am good with that reward. It's all I have ever wanted...just a nice place to interact with good people and help people at the same time.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:02 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mark55 wrote:what are your plans for your new salary?
I have been drooling over a new truck but that's not going to happen.
Didn't you just recently confiscate a new truck from your hubby?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:14 pm

palerider wrote:Didn't you just recently confiscate a new truck from your hubby?
You know I did but we have had that "new" truck for 2 years now....can't believe it has been that long...only 2 more years of payments.
To be fair...the "new" truck was new to us but it was a 2008 model but I still get people complimenting me on it and they all think it is brand new.
It's a pretty truck. I love it and that's why I confiscated it...that and hubby didn't really want to leave it at the yard when he is gone out on the big truck.
The one I have been drooling over is a 2017 version of what I have but a dually and a Platinum edition...pricey for sure and all I will ever do is drool unless we get lucky and win the Powerball.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:10 pm

Well, if this forum continues to stay as nice as it feels at the moment, we may all have to ask cpap.com to set up a Truck-for-Pugsy donation fund.

Just sayin'.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:25 pm

jnk... wrote:Well, if this forum continues to stay as nice as it feels at the moment, we may all have to ask cpap.com to set up a Truck-for-Pugsy donation fund.
I know most of you love me but somehow I don't think you all love me that much.

To Everyone:

Does anyone want me to explain my own personal opinions and how I might fall back on those opinions with my new duties?
Some of you already know me fairly well and have a good idea where I come from and how I feel and would be inclined to lean if something ugly happened (and trust me...I know the time will come when it does) but those of you who don't know me...do you want to know what might trip my trigger so to speak?

I know Julie expressed concerns that my bias for some things might cause me to maybe do or say things differently than I might do now.
I don't really want to do that...I don't want to force my way of doing things on anyone and I don't/won't be doing that.
I do have some pet peeves that I probably can't keep my personal bias out of...do you all want to know what those pet peeves are?

Bunsen

Post by Bunsen » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:44 pm

I don't post much. I appreciate what I have seen you post. I would like to know the boundaries, please.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:54 pm

Bunsen wrote:I don't post much. I appreciate what I have seen you post. I would like to know the boundaries, please.
Very well...give me a little bit of time to compose something that will give people ideas what boundaries I personally might have.
They are very minimal..I tend to think like Johnny does with one exception that brings out the Mama Bear in me.
I need to think on things a bit and compose it thoughtfully and clearly and right now I am wiped out and couldn't do it justice.
I spent the bulk of today with my mom getting her chemotherapy so I am a bit tired and the mind isn't thinking up to par at the moment.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:00 pm

Several aphorisms come to mind:
1) Cream rises to the top
2) Power occasionally comes to those who can best handle it
3) Good things come to those who wait
4)“Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men -- the other 999 follow women.”
― Groucho Marx
5) Take me to your leader

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:15 pm

I trust Pugsy.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:54 pm

Pugsy wrote:
palerider wrote:Didn't you just recently confiscate a new truck from your hubby?
You know I did but we have had that "new" truck for 2 years now....can't believe it has been that long...only 2 more years of payments.
Time flies, eh?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Arlene1963

Post by Arlene1963 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:59 am

There are several posters here who fall into a category that I would call "the wise ones". They are the glue here. It is what makes this place unique. For all this time they have basically held it together until recently when between the guest posts and the x-member things got too crazy. So now we are faced with moderation as the only way to save CPAPtalk.

I've been thinking about this since yesterday and trying to figure out how this is going to work. My main concern is the huge responsibility in terms of time and decision making for one person. It boggles my mind.

Anyway, I think we are fortunate to have someone like you to take this on, Pugsy. I just don't want to see you get burned out, that's all.

cliffspab

Post by cliffspab » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:56 am

About time too!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:31 am

Arlene1963 wrote:I just don't want to see you get burned out, that's all.
This was a concern of mine (and Carolyn as we talked about this change) and part of the reason they want to rotate moderators.
And one of the reasons I accepted this responsibility was the knowledge that it wasn't going to be a "forever" job....that others will get to help out.

I have been down the "burned out" road here in the past and left the forum because of it. I have since come to terms with the why some things bug me so much and caused me pain and affected my own personal mental and physical health. So I think I am in a better place to mentally handle things...at least I hope I am. I have learned some of my own personal limitations and better how to deal with them...hopefully.

More on that later when I have time to compose something that pretty much explains how and why I feel the way I do about things and how that might impact my role here as a moderator. Then I think you all will have a better understanding how and why I react the way I do to some things and not others.

For the most part I don't expect to really have to do much "moderation" here...I pretty much lean towards how Johnny feels about censorship. That's one of the reasons I chose to participate in this forum and not one of the others that was much more tightly moderated. I don't like censorship very much and I won't like having to do it either.

I tend to think like Johnny does in the basic goodness of people...I just won't give known offenders as many chances as he gave the alphabet child to clean up their act. But I would probably give an offender more chances than many of you all would.

At any rate I will try to come up with some thoughts that explains in part how I feel and why I might or might not be using the power that has been given to me at this time.

I will say this...what I might do will only be for the forum health. It will NOT be for pushing my own personal thoughts on some aspect of cpap therapy type of thing. I WON'T be trying to legislate my own personal cpap ideas on anyone. I will do like I have always done...offer my opinion and thoughts and move on. People whose thoughts are different from mine....won't be doing anything to those posts at all. They are free to express their thoughts as I am...I just want people to express those thoughts respectfully...no name calling and personal attacks.

All goes back to "attack the message if you wish...but not the messenger"...

Islandwoman

Post by Islandwoman » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:31 pm

And a great big thank you