Inexpensive CPAP?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
USMCVet

Inexpensive CPAP?

Post by USMCVet » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:48 pm

I just thought I would ask if any of you know where to get or how to find inexpensive auto CPAP machine? It's not for me since I'm good through the VA but I have a co-worker who doesn't have much money and has been diagnosed years ago and gave up early on and got rid of machine. I'm trying to help her find something to get started again. So far I recommended Craigslist but not sure if there are other options as well?

Pugsy

Re: Inexpensive CPAP?

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:54 pm

Check your private message box please.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:59 pm

Replied, thanks

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:15 pm

Folks.....I don't have a machine that would work for this person at least at this time.
So don't think that I am offering one and hold back on offering something thinking I was trying to sell a machine. I wish I had one but I don't.
My only spare machine that would fit the bill here is already out on loan to a friend of the family.

I was only PMing to get more information on finances available...and they are very limited so this needs to be
apap with SD card for data...and used with high hours to get the price way down to affordable or even donation possibility.
Secondwind or amazon prices are going to be too high.

Anyone have a high hour apap machine....PR S1 Auto or ResMed S9 Autoset that they would be willing to part with for little or no money???
I know of only one S9 AutoSet at the moment but it is really high hour and the guy wanted $100 plus shipping and the high hour really made it a donation value and not sell value so I don't think he is a viable option. $100 was way more than it was worth due to hours of use.

I am going to check craigslist and forum member grayghost to see what might be out there but I think grayghost's machines are going to be more money than this person has available.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:31 pm

I do have a couple of masks that I could donate though....so I think I can cover that expense.

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:01 pm

Just throwing this out there as well but if person I'm trying to help can't pay shipping I would be willing to cover shipping for them.

Mark55

Post by Mark55 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:11 pm

JimW159 sent me this in a PM before I bought my new one. Might want to send a PM to see if he still has it. He said the run time hours were 6631.4 at the time.

"I have a used ResMed S9 AutoSet with humidifier that I no longer use - in behavior it is virtually identical to the AS10 you show in your profile. It was my backup until recently when I got a second AS10 AutoSet, moving what had been my primary to a backup role. I don't know how many hours on it but it was working perfectly when I replaced it in July 2016. It is complete with everything that normally comes (power supply, travel bag, SD card, etc.) with it plus a heated hose and several humidifier tubs. I is available for $75 plus shipping (if you live a reasonable distance from Tarpon Springs, we could meet and do a transfer in person). If you are interested, let me know and I will check the hours so you can better judge."

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Mark55 wrote:JimW159 sent me this in a PM before I bought my new one. Might want to send a PM to see if he still has it. He said the run time hours were 6631.4 at the time.

"I have a used ResMed S9 AutoSet with humidifier that I no longer use - in behavior it is virtually identical to the AS10 you show in your profile. It was my backup until recently when I got a second AS10 AutoSet, moving what had been my primary to a backup role. I don't know how many hours on it but it was working perfectly when I replaced it in July 2016. It is complete with everything that normally comes (power supply, travel bag, SD card, etc.) with it plus a heated hose and several humidifier tubs. I is available for $75 plus shipping (if you live a reasonable distance from Tarpon Springs, we could meet and do a transfer in person). If you are interested, let me know and I will check the hours so you can better judge.
This would work...I forgot all about Jim having this one.
And I know him and trust him and if he says the machine is in good shape then I wouldn't doubt it at all.
I also spotted a PR S1 560 at the local craigslist for the OP...and it says $100 but we don't know anything else...

I will send Jim a PM and ask him if he still has the AutoSet.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:50 am

Thanks, Pugsy, PM received and responded to.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:01 pm

FANTASTIC!!!!!! This forum is the greatest when it comes to helping those in need.
I am from a military family, in Canada, but recognize the fact that all American and Canadian military must be thanked for allowing us to live free and help one another.
Cheers
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:47 pm

I have an old Resmed S8 Autoset II with humidifier available. It was user for approx. two years. I don't want any money for it as the display is slightly foggy from when I used a room humidifier and condensation built up behind the plastic screen. All I ask is for UPS ground shipping. You would have to purchase a card reader if you want to use the software.

Thanks
~UB

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:29 pm

The S8 is on its way, with the H4i humidifier and a slimline hose with the resmed zipper cover. The machine has 1400 hours. Less than a years usage. The pressure is set to auto 6cm - 16cm. No EPR. Forget about the shipping cost.

~UB

Mark55

Post by Mark55 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:47 pm

Uncle_Bob wrote:The S8 is on its way, with the H4i humidifier and a slimline hose with the resmed zipper cover. The machine has 1400 hours. Less than a years usage. The pressure is set to auto 6cm - 16cm. No EPR. Forget about the shipping cost.

~UB
That was very nice of you!

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:04 pm

Uncle_Bob wrote:The S8 is on its way, with the H4i humidifier and a slimline hose with the resmed zipper cover. The machine has 1400 hours. Less than a years usage. The pressure is set to auto 6cm - 16cm. No EPR. Forget about the shipping cost.

~UB
Wow thank you so much, let me know if you ever need anything.

This place and it's members have been so helpful and very knowledgeable.

Arlene1963

Post by Arlene1963 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:50 pm

Another example of how this forum rocks!