The difference a mask can make!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Muse-Inc

Re: The difference a mask can make!

Post by Muse-Inc » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:28 pm

Recording Oximeter. Here's the one I am going to order. The LED screen finally died on my old one. I have ordered from this source, great folks!

http://www.pulseoxstore.com/overnight-p ... meter.html

I do recommend using one to check for desats. In the local apnea support group we formed, one member bought one and shared it around, Was reassuring to know our therapy was dialed in sufficiently to stop the desats that were slowly killing or brains.

EDIT: also available on Amazon.

Last edited by Muse-Inc on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ResMed S9 range 9.8-17, RespCare Hybrid FFM
Never, never, never, never say never.

SmokeChaser426

Post by SmokeChaser426 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:48 pm

Hello, I was on the machine for close to six months before coming out of the Fog. I was getting a solid 8-9 hours of sleep and was still brutally exhausted. Just kept with my routine and now I feel much better. Never thought I had an issue until my sleep study showed my 02 was down below 72%. Got really scared and bought into the program. Get a good bedtime routine together and stick with it. One day it will be the middle of the day and you will think to yourself.... Hey I am not tired today.... G

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:52 pm

SmokeChaser426 wrote:Hello, I was on the machine for close to six months before coming out of the Fog. I was getting a solid 8-9 hours of sleep and was still brutally exhausted. Just kept with my routine and now I feel much better. Never thought I had an issue until my sleep study showed my 02 was down below 72%. Got really scared and bought into the program. Get a good bedtime routine together and stick with it. One day it will be the middle of the day and you will think to yourself.... Hey I am not tired today.... G
Great post! Thank you for sharing that!!

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:56 pm

Muse-Inc wrote:Recording Oximeter. Here's the one I am going to order. The LED screen finally died on my old one. I have ordered from this source, great folks!

http://www.pulseoxstore.com/overnight-p ... meter.html

I do recommend using one to check for desats. In the local apnea support group we formed, one member bought one and shared it around, Was reassuring to know our therapy was dialed in sufficiently to stop the desats that were slowly killing or brains.

Thanks Muse-Inc (I love your avatar! )

I think this IS the same one on Amazon for $31?
Maybe they are different and I just am missing it?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B8L8ZXE/re ... 3673021246

I couldn't find the super cheap one xxyxz was talking about on aliexpress.

I really want to get one though.
I never had a sleep study but my anesthesiologists always tell me my oxygen plummets. And when I have to stay in the hospital I've actually had nurses come unplug the machine because the bell goes off in their station every time I fall asleep.

I've just not been able to prioritize this sleep issue or oxygen issue in the midst of my complicated situation, but buying something like this and taking control and doing it myself at home might be a good first step.

I thought about it before but decided it might just be too complicated.
...so buying the devise is at least a proactive first step.

I appreciate you sharing and motivating me.

Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:28 pm

Grace~~~ wrote:I think this IS the same one on Amazon for $31?
Maybe they are different and I just am missing it?
It's the same one.
You get more support from Kevin at the Pulseoxstore if you run into trouble using it. He's real good to help people. So their products are a bit more pricey than what you might find elsewhere. It all depends on how comfortable you are going all alone with the pulse ox or if you think you might want or need live backup you can call and get help with.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.