3 Miserable Months

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
nanwilson

Re: 3 Miserable Months

Post by nanwilson » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:22 pm

Max you need a good attitude to succeed at anything and you do not. You have received lots of suggestions but have never tried them out its `NO' IT WON`T WORK``.... how the hell do you know that if you haven`t tried it. Most of us have been here a long time and have tried many suggestions when some problem has cropped up... sometimes it has worked and others not so much but at least we tried those suggestions and now experience great therapy. A good attitude is just not for this therapy but for life, if you don`t have a great attitude you will always be bitching at something and be terribly unhappy. Life is not a bowl of cherries but lots of trials and tribulations.... its what YOU make of it!
Smile it won`t crack you face!!!!!!!
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:55 pm

nanwilson wrote:Max you need a good attitude to succeed at anything and you do not. You have received lots of suggestions but have never tried them out its `NO' IT WON`T WORK``.... how the hell do you know that if you haven`t tried it. Most of us have been here a long time and have tried many suggestions when some problem has cropped up... sometimes it has worked and others not so much but at least we tried those suggestions and now experience great therapy. A good attitude is just not for this therapy but for life, if you don`t have a great attitude you will always be bitching at something and be terribly unhappy. Life is not a bowl of cherries but lots of trials and tribulations.... its what YOU make of it!
I used to have a great attitude most of the time. And towards some things I still have a great attitude.

However, all things related to sleep deprivation are in bad attitude territory.

I'm still confused as to what potential miracle I did not try.

I found a machine and settings that gave me perfect numbers.

I found a mask that doesn't leak and is (unbelievably) comfortable and designed like it should be.

Apparently those 2 things are what take people the longest to find - I found them very quickly.

Those 2 items do not work well together and I see no way of convincing them to.
Phillips 960 AutoSV Paving Brick, Phillips Dreamwear Mask - Nothing is working.
Diagnosis of crappy sleep, desats under 80, maybe UARS

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:56 pm

xxyzx wrote:there is only one reason so many people are FAT

they eat TOO MUCH
Over simplifying, but still hit the nail at least partially on the head...

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:06 pm

MaxINTJ wrote:
nanwilson wrote:Max you need a good attitude to succeed at anything and you do not. You have received lots of suggestions but have never tried them out its `NO' IT WON`T WORK``.... how the hell do you know that if you haven`t tried it. Most of us have been here a long time and have tried many suggestions when some problem has cropped up... sometimes it has worked and others not so much but at least we tried those suggestions and now experience great therapy. A good attitude is just not for this therapy but for life, if you don`t have a great attitude you will always be bitching at something and be terribly unhappy. Life is not a bowl of cherries but lots of trials and tribulations.... its what YOU make of it!
I used to have a great attitude most of the time. And towards some things I still have a great attitude.

However, all things related to sleep deprivation are in bad attitude territory.

I'm still confused as to what potential miracle I did not try.

found a machine and settings that gave me perfect numbers.

I found a mask that doesn't leak and is (unbelievably) comfortable and designed like it should be.

Apparently those 2 things are what take people the longest to find - I found them very quickly.

Those 2 items do not work well together and I see no way of convincing them to.
Sooooo that means that nothing will work...... why... because of your crappy attitude, you won`t at least try other things............... what a crying shame.

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:17 pm

nanwilson wrote:Sooooo that means that nothing will work...... why... because of your crappy attitude, you won`t at least try other things............... what a crying shame.
I'm confused now.

I solved the 2 hardest problems (apparently) with xPAP and did so fairly quickly.

What else is there to try? I have tried every machine except a BiPAP (unless APAP is the same thing) and every mask - not that I need to try more masks or machines because I found one of each that works as advertised!

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:38 pm

MaxINTJ wrote:
nanwilson wrote:Sooooo that means that nothing will work...... why... because of your crappy attitude, you won`t at least try other things............... what a crying shame.
I'm confused

I solved the 2 hardest problems (apparently) with xPAP and did so fairly quickly.

What else is there to try? I have tried every machine except a BiPAP (unless APAP is the same thing) and every mask - not that I need to try more masks or machines because I found one of each that works as advertised!
The machine is the easy part, the mask is what works with you and your face, so why does it not work with your machine. The mask is the hardest for everyone else, you have found one that works, so tell us why its not working now, perhaps there is a fix someone can suggest. I don`t get your logic, if the machine works and the mask works, then they work together, voila, no problems. therefore no complaining.

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:47 pm

nanwilson wrote: The machine is the easy part, the mask is what works with you and your face, so why does it not work with your machine. The mask is the hardest for everyone else, you have found one that works, so tell us why its not working now, perhaps there is a fix someone can suggest. I don`t get your logic, if the machine works and the mask works, then they work together, voila, no problems. therefore no complaining.
I have explained before, but I will again.

The Dreamwear nasal pillow mask works well, doesn't leak (even at 25 pressure), and I can sleep all night with it. It doesn't wake me up - it's almost comfortable.

The doctor has not yet prescribed an ASV machine for me and I gave my loaner back. However, if he does prescribe one I will go right back to having the right machine and the wrong mask. A nasal mask and high pressure blows my mouth open, wakes up my wife, prevents the machine from doing it's job, and creates a desert in my mouth.

A chine strap merely holds my jaw closed to I make motorboat noise through my lips in addition to the wind noises.

Tape does not stick to my face even when it's freshly cleaned. If there was a tape sticky enough it would stick to my facial hair. I don't even know if I could sleep with tape, I have been unable to try.

Sooooo... that leaves the right machine but with the other wrong mask - the Amara View. I tried it for a month, it doesn't leak at high pressure, I don't get a wind tunnel, and I get great numbers from the ASV. BUT, the mask is so big and so intrusive it FULLY wakes me up multiple times per night and I end up taking it off to get back to sleep. Or, I could get up every day between 1 and 3 AM....

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:59 pm

MaxINTJ wrote:
nanwilson wrote: The machine is the easy part, the mask is what works with you and your face, so why does it not work with your machine. The mask is the hardest for everyone else, you have found one that works, so tell us why its not working now, perhaps there is a fix someone can suggest. I don`t get your logic, if the machine works and the mask works, then they work together, voila, no problems. therefore no complaining.
I have explained before, but I will again.

The Dreamwear nasal pillow mask works well, doesn't leak (even at 25 pressure), and I can sleep all night with it. It doesn't wake me up - it's almost comfortable.

The doctor has not yet prescribed an ASV machine for me and I gave my loaner back. However, if he does prescribe one I will go right back to having the right machine and the wrong mask. A nasal mask and high pressure blows my mouth open, wakes up my wife, prevents the machine from doing it's job, and creates a desert in my mouth.

A chine strap merely holds my jaw closed to I make motorboat noise through my lips in addition to the wind noises.

Tape does not stick to my face even when it's freshly cleaned. If there was a tape sticky enough it would stick to my facial hair. I don't even know if I could sleep with tape, I have been unable to try.

Sooooo... that leaves the right machine but with the other wrong mask - the Amara View. I tried it for a month, it doesn't leak at high pressure, I don't get a wind tunnel, and I get great numbers from the ASV. BUT, the mask is so big and so intrusive it FULLY wakes me up multiple times per night and I end up taking it off to get back to sleep. Or, I could get up every day between 1 and 3 AM....
Max do you have any clue as to how many masks there are out there to choose from, start experimenting just like we had to do. if you see one you would like to try and can`t afford it, ask here if anyone has a spare that you can have. I did that when I tried out the Innomed Hybrid, I liked it so much I bought one and used it for 3 years. There are ways and means to try different masks, cpap.com has a return policy with some of their masks, read all the comments on their website for each mask and you will see what worked for folks and what didn`t . Its called homework that you do yourself.

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:02 pm

nanwilson wrote: Max do you have any clue as to how many masks there are out there to choose from, start experimenting just like we had to do.
There are 2 masks out there. The Dreamwear with a top mounted hose and the masks with front mounted hoses.

I have tried one of each and they both seal well, but one I can wear all night and the other I can't. The one I can't wear all night is the smallest of the second masks, so any of the others will be even less wearable.

If a person has found a mask that seals well on their face and at their pressure, and is comfortable, what else is there to look for?

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:38 pm

xxyzx wrote:so you are saying the mask you like wont work on the machine you like
The mask I can wear all night (like if you prefer) doesn't work with high pressure because my mouth can't stop the wind tunnel.

The high pressure that leaves me mostly headache free and with zero flags is what I need but requires a FFM (hybrid in my case) that I cannot wear all night.

So, I can wear a mask all night and not be disturbed by it, or I can use high pressure that I need but gain nothing because the mask wakes me up all night.