Which way did you sleep better?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Which way did you sleep better?

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:05 pm

As someone with chronic back/neck issues myself I also understand poor sleep quality from pain.
It's something I have dealt with the entire 8 plus years I have been on cpap and why I also understand that nice low AHI numbers don't always mean that we feel them. We have 2 issues messing with our restorative sleep and the sleep apnea part is the easiest to fix.

Good luck to you and when/if you need help once you get setup to DIY this cpap stuff we will be here for support if needed.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Mark55

Post by Mark55 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:16 pm

Pugsy wrote:As someone with chronic back/neck issues myself I also understand poor sleep quality from pain.
It's something I have dealt with the entire 8 plus years I have been on cpap and why I also understand that nice low AHI numbers don't always mean that we feel them. We have 2 issues messing with our restorative sleep and the sleep apnea part is the easiest to fix.

Good luck to you and when/if you need help once you get setup to DIY this cpap stuff we will be here for support if needed.
Thank you, and I wish you luck with your issues as well.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:29 pm

FYI - they make you sleep on your back to get a baseline reading of the potentially worst scenario - backsleeping provokes more events in everyone and side sleeping is otherwise encouraged... they weren't so dumb, just doing their jobs.

Mark55

Post by Mark55 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:45 am

Julie wrote:FYI - they make you sleep on your back to get a baseline reading of the potentially worst scenario - backsleeping provokes more events in everyone and side sleeping is otherwise encouraged... they weren't so dumb, just doing their jobs.
I understand the back position, and that is how I sleep most often anyway. I disagreed fully with the 1" thick pancake pillow, as that is not real world to me.

Why test someone in a situation they will never encounter?

Also, when sleep techs walk up and down the hall of a sleep center yelling at one another at 2 am,....sorry, they're not too bright.

Since you seem to need more evidence, I will add that I had to show one tech how to place the ecg electrodes,....she forgot 'for a moment' what the color code/location was. I stand solidly by my "Dumb as a box of rocks" comment.