Sleep study shows No apnea or UARS, Trying Cpap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Re: Sleep study shows No apnea or UARS, Trying Cpap

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:44 am

If you care for the price: BMC GII might be interesting for you - ships now for like 400€ brand new including a mask. It's even on amazon - with much faster shipment but some little more expensive.

emreee93

Post by emreee93 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:40 pm

Guest wrote:If you care for the price: BMC GII might be interesting for you - ships now for like 400€ brand new including a mask. It's even on amazon - with much faster shipment but some little more expensive.
I just bought a fisher and paykel icon + auto APAP . I want to use it tonight I am going to set the pressure beteren 6-16 see What it does. I Will post the results here. Also I have a ffm and a nose mask which one should I use what is better ? Lastly I think this machine reads flow limitations and reacts to these as reras anyone has any tips ?

kteague

Post by kteague » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:11 pm

emreee93 wrote:My shortness of breath is also very during the day. Yes I know I don’t want to fully focus on Cpap therapy but I just felt like I need to do something ! No he did not actually test me for those I am going to ask him about that tomorrow I have read that those and also magnesium deficiency can be true killers! I am very short of breath during the day so it is not unlogoical that during my sleep this gets worse and that is what my girlfriend heard. Thank you
Some things to think about as you talk with your doctor... When we think of shortness of breath not during sleep there's some usual suspects. Of course, lungs. Problem is, some lung issues have to progress pretty far along before being diagnosed. At least that was my experience. Some lung issues render the lungs inefficient at processing the air, at using the oxygen it takes in and getting it into the blood. Or there can be a blood issue, where the cells are unable to take in and transport the oxygen to the body. Cardiac and/or circulatory issues can also compromise the movement and/or processing of oxygen. Any glitch in oxygen processing can cause a sensation of shortness of breath. I agree that if this is compromised when awake, the more subdued breathing when asleep could make it even more evident. I have no idea if cpap will help you or not. Maybe you do have sleep disordered breathing that just didn't manifest during your tests. Maybe your doctor could order you to wear a pusle oximeter for a while to see if it yields any clues regarding oxygen fluctuations. Please do keep us posted.

sharpdentist

Post by sharpdentist » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:14 am

Hi there
I am a dentist treating patients with OSA by dental appliances. If I was in your place I would try to meet dr Olivier Vanderveken ENT from Antwerpen Belgium. The man is very serious and he is the best man to help you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:25 am

He does not HAVE Osa. At most there may be a question of back-sleeping (not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet) that, if he tried side sleeping, might likely clear up even the 4.5 events recorded so far.