Memory foam lined AirFit F20 cushion and padacheek

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
rogerconnelly

Memory foam lined AirFit F20 cushion and padacheek

Post by rogerconnelly » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:11 am

Just thought I'd post an update that after about a week of using the memory foam lined F20 cushion, I started to get leaks around the nose bridge near my eyes (this is after using an alcohol and scent free baby wipe to clean the cushion every morning), so I added a padacheek liner and have been a happy camper every since (it's been about another week since I added the padacheek).

I'm not sure if others have had different experiences (it seems like yes as some say they are able to use the memory foam lined cushions as is for extended periods of time) - I just thought I would add my experience to the mix for those thinking of trying this cushion.

It's still a very comfortable set up for me - and I continue to have sub 1.0 AHI numbers each night - and I'm a big fan of padacheek anyway - so no complaints here.

Also, I did find that adding a small cut to the top of the triangular shaped opening on the padacheek liner helped the fit - again, this is just my experience - but I thought others might find it useful information to know that I've tried this successfully - it helps the mask 'sink' a little deeper onto my nose, as that is how the F20 seems to be designed to fit.

Now, the next thing I want to experiment with is: does the non-memory foam lined F20 cushion with a padacheek fit just as well as the memory foam lined one with a padacheek. I'll report that finding later

- Roger