Opinions on less popular CPAP units,....

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jagzoo

Re: Opinions on less popular CPAP units,....

Post by jagzoo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:14 pm

Hi, whatever you decide to do, get a full data capable machine that you can use with Sleepyhead. You will be glad you did. The new Phillips Dreamweaver and ResMed Autoset full data can be had quite reasonably on Amazon but they really differ little from their older models, the ResMed 9 and Phillips system one, mostly only by looks. Both of the older machines can be found quite reasonably new. But again, my advise is to definitely get a full data reporting machine.

Mark55

Post by Mark55 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:07 pm

jagzoo wrote:Hi, whatever you decide to do, get a full data capable machine that you can use with Sleepyhead. You will be glad you did. The new Phillips Dreamweaver and ResMed Autoset full data can be had quite reasonably on Amazon but they really differ little from their older models, the ResMed 9 and Phillips system one, mostly only by looks. Both of the older machines can be found quite reasonably new. But again, my advise is to definitely get a full data reporting machine.
Some of the reviews on Amazon claim these wonderfully low priced 'new' machines are actually used. I'm not so sure as to where the truth lies, but I just read two reviews stating the machines serial numbers had been previously registered by a DME provider.

I thank you for your input though.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:00 pm

JimW159 wrote:
Mark55 wrote: ...I don't have a complicated prescription,...it simply calls for a constant 8cm and EPR at a setting of three. At my low settings I don't care about the ramp features, and/or the smart start that my current Airsense 10 Autoset has.
I have a used ResMed S9 AutoSet with humidifier that I no longer use - in behavior it is virtually identical to the AS10 you show in your profile. It was my backup until recently when I got a second AS10 AutoSet moving my primary to a backup role. I don't know how many hours on it but it was working perfectly when I replaced it in July 2016. It is complete with everything that normally comes (power supply, travel bag, SD card, etc.) with it plus a heated hose and several humidifier tubs. I is available for $75 plus shipping (if you live a reasonable distance from Tarpon Springs, we could meet and do a swap). If you are interested, let me know and I will check the hours so you can better judge.
Jump on it!!

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:03 pm

I have several NEW DS560S machine new in box ... no Humidifier !

$250.00 including shipping
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

Holden4th

Post by Holden4th » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:23 am

I can state, having used one, that the S9 auto is a very good machine and for $75 it is an absolute bargain.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:47 pm

Update to information: the current "run time" (unlike usage hours, it cannot be reset and reflects all the time the machine was running for any reason) is 6631.4 hours.