Mask pushing towards eyes

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
AMESS

Re: Mask pushing towards eyes

Post by AMESS » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:24 pm

Jimbo--been here just 8 weeks. Have not read everything "you all have posted", nor do I care to. I call em as I see em!

kteague

Re: Mask pushing towards eyes

Post by kteague » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:19 pm

Denise_in_MI wrote:... My mask seems to put pressure towards my eyes. I wake up with bags under my eyes. I also think that my eyes are drying out because of it... Can I switch to nasal pillows with high pressure? I'm thinking that might correct the eye issues. But, I'm a mouth breather....
Hi Denise, Sorry to see some have tried to make this thread about anything but you and your question. Seems there's no end to the rudeness around here. The good thing is there's no end to the helpfulness either. I am one who was once a mouth breather who was able to become a nose breather through the techique described above. Since you are already using a mask that doesn't go over the bridge of the nose, are you saying it's the straps that are pushing toward your eyes? Maybe someone more versed in masks and headgear could suggest if there's a headgear from another mask that is interchangeable that you could try. I am currently using the TapPap pillows style mask for the main reason there is no headgear needed. It's not for everyone though, as there are some dental considerations with this mask. Good luck with pursuing other options. Maybe you'll be one of us who managed to stop mouth breathing. Using CPAP really helped my congestion at night. I think that was a big factor.