Lines on Face

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
RicaLynn

Re: Lines on Face

Post by RicaLynn » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:33 am

AMESS wrote:TY Pugsy--just ordered. Hopefully they will arrive before my up and coming cruise. Have the strap liners here from another mask. Think size small mask is stretching out. Having to make it tighter.
Learn as you go
You've barely had the mask 2 weeks. If it's stretching you are wearing the mask too tight, thus *causing* the marks on your face and probably leaks as well.

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:36 am

From my note - "Padacheek.com liners, str....." What part of Padacheek.com did you not understand? You said Pugsy told you 'where', but so did I.

Do you have some kind of anxiety problem? Do you take meds for it? If you do (have a problem) I wish you'd say so and I will apologize for my remarks... it's just very hard to understand why a grown person who is able (apparently) to do certain things and who writes reasonably legibly is unable (or unwilling) to do others. I'm not a bad person and have worked with patients who have neurological deficits, etc. for years, but they usually try to help themselves and if they can't, explain why not, and we address those problems. I don't know what yours is, only that you come across as totally helpless - like some 1950's Hollywood female who no one (these days) has any respect for. If I'm missing something I really wish you'd tell me so we can get on the same page better and not be 'here'.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:54 am

If she used her XPAP correctly, you would have scared the crap out of her, but as she doesn't she's not scared, another fail for xxxzx.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:00 pm

TO THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T LIKE THE QUESTIONS AMESS ASKS: For starters: JULIE, XXYZX, GOOFp, and the rest...

WHY DO YOU BOTHER ANSWERING HER QUESTIONS? There are others who don't mind answering her questions and do so in a manner that is helpful, not intimidating - or at least they stay out of her threads! It's as though you have to get another post in when you know damn well how she is going to respond anyway. WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF DOING THAT?? HASN'T WORKED FOR YOU YET, HAS IT?

GO TO A DIFFERENT THREAD A psychologist would have a field day trying to figure out why you keep responding to her posts
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:15 pm

Lucyhere wrote:TO THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T LIKE THE QUESTIONS AMESS ASKS: For starters: JULIE, XXYZX, GOOFp, and the rest...

WHY DO YOU BOTHER ANSWERING HER QUESTIONS? There are others who don't mind answering her questions and do so in a manner that is helpful, not intimidating - or at least they stay out of her threads! It's as though you have to get another post in when you know damn well how she is going to respond anyway. WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF DOING THAT?? HASN'T WORKED FOR YOU YET, HAS IT?

GO TO A DIFFERENT THREAD A psychologist would have a field day trying to figure out why you keep responding to her posts
+1

AMK

Post by AMK » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:52 pm

Go to Ebay and search "cpap strap covers." Some people are making them out of fleece and selling them. If you are craftsy, you can buy fleece and make them.

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:32 pm

Lucyhere wrote:TO THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T LIKE THE QUESTIONS AMESS ASKS: For starters: JULIE, XXYZX, GOOFp, and the rest...

+1 as well

Hope the covers help, Amess. I always have strap marks on my face, usually on the side I sleep on the most. I tried the padded strap covers but they were too hot for me. I never got around to trying a different kind. But I know lots of folks here use them and report the strap covers help a lot with the face marks.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:20 pm

xxyzxzit wrote:i hope you know about the power on a boat and how its wave form and frequency and high voltage will fry your cpap the first time you use it
All major cruise lines have 110v and 220v outlets in the cabin. Most of them even carry distilled water for CPAPers ($3/gal. on Carnival, free on others). Do take an US-to-Euro adapter and an extension cord.

Every cruise has many passengers bringing CPAPs.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:38 pm

xxyzx wrote:
Goofproof wrote:If she used her XPAP correctly, you would have scared the crap out of her, but as she doesn't she's not scared, another fail for xxxzx.
======

no fail for me

i want to alert her to the potential problems on a boat
although i doubt she will plan ahead
You forgot one, after being trapped on the boat with her, everyone pulled the bathtub drain plug at the same time and the boat sank, and all the fish drowned. Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:38 pm

Thank you, lucy. The hostility to conversational requests here is crazy ugly.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

ZzzCatcher

Post by ZzzCatcher » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:37 pm

To the actual question, I picked up this sleep mask - http://a.co/gfX9Quw - and it's not only lovely to sleep in (blocks tons of light, keeps my ears warm, keeps hair smooth), but it covers most of my cheeks where my mask (Brevida) straps are. It won't help with every CPAP mask, of course, but it could be helpful for a goodly number of them.
I'm a newbie. If I do something stupid, just let me know and I'll try to fix it.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:11 pm

My most-used solution for marks on my face:
Avoid looking in mirrors
Bwa-ha-ha.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:15 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:My most-used solution for marks on my face:
Avoid looking in mirrors
Bwa-ha-ha.
Or get a couple of mirrors out of a horror house, when you look into those mirrors just right your lines will merge into a normal looking face, then quickly take your selfie... Jim

msla

Post by msla » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:39 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:My most-used solution for marks on my face:
Avoid looking in mirrors
Bwa-ha-ha.
I let my beard grow out

ResMed S9 Auto set/Heated humidifier/AirFit N30i
diagnosed and began CPAP treatment 2003.

Gryphon

Post by Gryphon » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:17 pm

Some of you are offering advice that's quite scary. And some of the comments are getting overly snippy for petty reasons.

PS: Most decent commercial ships offer AC outlets in the rooms like a hotel. Most of the newer modern Cruse ships cost over 500 to 700 million and the newest ones are over a billion dollars.

Xxyzx... your making it sound like if you plug your CPAP in to the wall it's going to disappear into a puff of magic smoke and then the person who needs CPAP is going to wither away and die with out their machine.

Could we please be a little more realistic before offering doomsday predictions.
The person's going on a Cruse - not renting a row boat and a team of trained marathon hamsters to power a DYI generator to power their CPAP while they sleep in the middle of the ocean.

As one mentioned - just like when you travel - take a good extension cord maybe a compact surge protector encase the outlets are in a crappy location but if your traveling on a modern day ship you should be fine. I rode an overnight ferry in the Mediterranean and just plugged my machine in to the room's electric with a ero adapter. I had no problems. I have to think a cruse ship with better amenities then a passenger transport ferry would at least fair as well as far as providing safe power.

Rest well.

Gryphon