Do Cpap manufactures look at this site?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
AMESS

Do Cpap manufactures look at this site?

Post by AMESS » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:51 am

This is the place the makers of CPAP equipment need to visit in order to know how to make a better mask. Wont happen in my life time. Carry on with same old crap.

bigdave36

Re: Do Cpap manufactures look at this site?

Post by bigdave36 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:07 am

I would think so, free market research.

RicaLynn

Post by RicaLynn » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:14 am

AMESS wrote:This is the place the makers of CPAP equipment need to visit in order to know how to make a better mask. Wont happen in my life time. Carry on with same old crap.
I'm quite certain their market research does include customer feedback, but there are outliers in every bell curve and they are generally removed from the sample when considering product development and improvement. What's that old saw? "Can't please all the people all the time..." I am sorry that you've had such difficulty finding the "perfect" mask but I still believe some of the culpability for that issue resides squarely with the user

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:37 am

Then can, if they care to.
Mainly, the issue of unedited patient information cuts into their bottom line,
so they may be "here", but not necessarily in a good way.

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:02 pm

It would be the marketing folks at Resmed do check out what is being said about them online. To ignore social media and outbound marketing in this day and age is foolish. People now make their buying decision from online and personal input from friends. Any company not tracking what is being said about them is destined to die, IMO.
Last edited by TASmart on Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

Marillion

Post by Marillion » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:09 pm

TASmart wrote:I would be the marketing folks at Resmed do check out what is being said about them online. To ignore social media and outbound marketing in this day and age is foolish. People now make their buying decision from online and personal input from friends. Any company not tracking what is being said about them is destined to die, IMO.
Agreed. I would be very surprised if they did not monitor sites like this...

Bertha deBlues

Post by Bertha deBlues » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:30 pm

AMESS wrote: Carry on with same old crap.
I have to disagree with that statement about manufacturers. There are a lot of good machines and masks out there. They are trying to accommodate everyone, which is not easy since we're all so different in our needs, our facial structures, other issues we may be facing in addition to sleep apnea. When I was new at this, I thought my doctors and respiratory therapists had all the answers. Found out that they don't. That's why I came here to read about the experiences of other PAPers. I have tried masks that didn't work for me, masks that sort of worked, and masks that felt like old friends the minute I put them on.

What I learned above all else was that you have to persevere and you have to be patient. Quick and easy process for some, not at all for others, but the payoff is worth it IMHO.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. - Paul McCartney

greatunclebill

Post by greatunclebill » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:08 pm

Huge corporations don't care what lowly customers think. They think in terms of bottom line and profits for the shareholder. Resmed and Phillips are surely not going to die if they don't listen to users in forums. They're too busy counting money and watching stock tickers to worry about what people say in forums.

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:06 pm

I have seen a lot of improvements and innovations in masks over the few years I've been on CPAP, so they must be getting feedback from somewhere.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:24 pm

AMESS wrote:This is the place the makers of CPAP equipment need to visit in order to know how to make a better mask. Wont happen in my life time. Carry on with same old crap.
The manufacturers have pretty much always followed the user forums over the years and this one in particular. There's definite evidence of it in the archives. They've incorporated many of the ideas discussed over the years into their product designs with regard to machines and masks.
The choices of mask designs and styles are SIGNIFICANTLY greater now than they were 13 years ago when this forum began. Undoubtedly, there are "better" masks available now than there were then. "Better"??? Better than what? There are numerous criteria that a person needs to evaluate to find the mask that will work for them. For some of us, we found them in the very beginning, but for others, they've had to try many to find the one that works best for them. In my opinion, too many people who haven't found the mask that works best for them haven't done enough preliminary evaluations before acquiring/trying them.

Marta

Post by Marta » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:10 am

I am ok with telling them that their tracking is not ok with me...I pulled my SD and wiped my machine. After a bad experience with a sleep dr not telling me my data when i adked, I have real concerns about how MUCH tracking goes on and who gets it. Aren't you guys concerned about this… We should have a right to our own data AND to know where that data goes. The NY Times did an article on data privacy am]nd how its violated.
I am now out of the radar because i pulled my card...

marta

Re: Do Cpap manufactures look at this site? oops!

Post by marta » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:12 am

Sorry for typos!

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:26 am

Are you sure the tracking wasn't temporary (couple of mos) but mandatory to let the insurance co. know you were being compliant so as to keep them paying for your equipment?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:25 am

Marta wrote:I am now out of the radar because i pulled my card...
Actually depending on the type of machine you have just pulling the SD card won't prevent data transmission.
All you are doing is preventing storing of data to the SD card. The machines will still store some data and transmit (assuming they are the brand that has built in transmission capabilities).

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Marillion

Post by Marillion » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:19 am

I have ZERO problems with someone looking at my sleep data. They can look all they want. Frankly, I couldn't care less.

In what way can they harm me since I don't have any compliance issues? But if I had compliance issues, really I would only be harming myself.