WHY!!!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Bertha deBlues

Re: WHY!!!!

Post by Bertha deBlues » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:58 am

Guest3547 wrote:
Oltremare wrote:Perhaps everybody must resize the importance we give to annoying situations.
A famous phrase by Arthur Bloch can help us:
"An idiot in an important place is like a man on top of a mountain: everything looks small and he seems small to everyone."

Oltremare
So Sir Edmund Hillary on Everest is an idiot?

Doesn't seem real helpful to me.
That is not what Oltremare said. The reference was to idiots, not to mountain climbers. It's actually a very appropriate quote.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. - Paul McCartney

Guest3457

Post by Guest3457 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:01 am

Bertha deBlues wrote:
Guest3547 wrote:
Oltremare wrote:Perhaps everybody must resize the importance we give to annoying situations.
"An idiot in an important place is like a man on top of a mountain: everything looks small and he seems small to everyone."

Oltremare

That is not what Oltremare said. The reference was to idiots, not to mountain climbers. It's actually a very appropriate quote.
It's a stupid quote that makes no sense. The idiot is on top of the world. Whether or not he looks small to the people below is academic. THEY are looking up to HIM.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:15 am

Guest3457 wrote:
Bertha deBlues wrote:
Guest3547 wrote:

Oltremare

It's a stupid quote that makes no sense. The idiot is on top of the world. Whether or not he looks small to the people below is academic. THEY are looking up to HIM.
Or Past Him, and he is blocking their view. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Bertha deBlues

Post by Bertha deBlues » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:22 am

Goofproof wrote:
Guest3457 wrote:
Bertha deBlues wrote:
Guest3547 wrote:

Oltremare

Amen
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. - Paul McCartney

AMK

Post by AMK » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:27 am

DreamStalker wrote: Such is life ... we all must live with the consequences of our own decisions.

Interestingly, you quoted the original post for this thread, a post which was clearly designed to initiate the entire thread into continued forum conflict. Anyone who doesn't realize that intent is either pretending to be stupid or actually quite stupid. And to be clear, I am NOT calling you @FrederickRose stupid ... quite the opposite, I know that you know the true intent of this original thread post (some of the other members who've posted, I may have some doubt).

As with any forum, and in real life too, there are people who are difficult to relate to and even some who we just cannot get along with no matter how hard we may try. Admittedly, there are a few members here who I cannot get along with and I make minimal effort to hide that fact. Likewise I am aware that there are many more members who dislike my personality but that's how it is in real life.

As a forum member who has participated in this awesome forum for over 11 years, my view of the current state of the forum is that many members have been offended by the politically derogatory term "libtard", a term that appears to have manifest after/during the last US presidential election. It's not the first time US presidential politics has crept into the forum except that in the past, everyone simply accepted the victory/defeat and moved on. This time it's been different. The national political conflict has continued and so it also continues here within the forum.

Anyway, my view of the current state of forum conflict also appears to be to create as much of a forum temper tantrum to emotionally guilt Johnny (the forum owner) into revising his un-moderated forum policy just so those "offended/insulted" forum members can get rid of those they cannot agree to ever get along with. It is currently a sad state of the forum just as it is for the nation -- but hardly a reason to abandon all the good information available here just as it is to abandon this nation ... IMO.

I do hope that you consider your decision carefully because I feel that you have much to contribute to what makes this forum the best anywhere ... nonetheless, I wish you the best of luck regardless of what you decide.
One thing I find interesting is that I went to xxyzx's first post in this forum, where he was asking for help, and you are the one who attempted to derail his thread by going off topic and calling names. At that time, xxyzx ignored all your shit-slinging and continued to only respond to the people who were actually trying to help him. Now that xxyzx is a problem, you are here to counsel us all on the best approach.

Guest3547

Post by Guest3547 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:42 am

Goofproof wrote:
Guest3457 wrote:
Bertha deBlues wrote:
Guest3547 wrote:

Oltremare

Oh thanks that makes much more sense! He's too small, but he's blocking everything, and everybody wants to see what's behind him, so since he's on a mountaintop they want to stare into the sun.

Yesirrree, regular Mensa Meeting.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:45 am

Can't see behind him, but i'm looking for the supreme being and enlightenment, if he'd just move over... Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Guest3547

Post by Guest3547 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:51 am

Goofproof wrote:Can't see behind him, but i'm looking for the supreme being and enlightenment, if he'd just move over... Jim
Don't worry. When it's time, He'll find you.

Guest3547

Post by Guest3547 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:53 am

Bertha deBlues wrote:Amen

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:31 am

Guest3457 wrote:
Bertha deBlues wrote:
Guest3547 wrote:

Oltremare

why don't you go back to posting as xxyzx ?
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:47 am

Julie wrote:Haven't you heard? You can't change (or at least shouldn't try) other people, only your reaction to them... but you obviously keep reacting, haven't learned this approach. Maybe it's time.
So how's that working for you, Julie?

Sounds nice and all but that hasn't helped in the least. In fact, what I see is that the longer nothing is done the more he continues to say what he does... because he knows there won't be consequences. Allowing him to continue to spew his garbage only allows like minded people to come here and jump on his band wagon.

I won't look away but hey, you can.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:51 am

I am convinced cpap is helping me and I am POSITIVE that I couldn't have gotten to this point without this forum/group.

Thank you *ALL* again for posting here.
~~~being drawn here
(for whatever reason)

...but it's the side show and occasional mental stimulation created by the freedom of speech issue that makes this place unique. Even if it's just showing how awful some people can be... and how fearful others react.

I just don't know how anyone can support moderation? Actually be in favor of giving up rights?
But even the argument for and against moderation is educational.
Imagine if even that was gone? Imagine a place where even mentioning the value of moderation became forbidden?

...all of these things are traps against freedom.

And made up words like libtard?
LOL ... really?

Where are the freetards?
(bunch of lazy bastards taking all their freedoms for granted )
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:54 am

xxyzx wrote:
Madalot wrote:
49er wrote:As long as threads like this are started and people continue to respond to xxyzx, he is not going to go away. And please get over the fact that he will be removed by the Goodmans. Not going to happen.

Anyway, as one who has responded to him in the past and who has been very tempted to recently, I know it is hard not to say anything. But doing so is exactly what he wants.

If he posts incorrect information, it might be best to simply write a general reply with the correction and not say anything directly to him.

49er
As one of those that has engaged him in the past - as demonstrated by his including me in his list of so-called "bullies" - not directing comments to him seems the only way to go. His mistakes probably should be corrected (which is almost a full-time job) but I strongly encourage correcting the information and NOT directing any comments to/about him.

I know it's difficult because he's SO irritating. But engaging him is only adding fuel to his fire. And this forum is burning like crazy.

Edited to add: Not all of xxyzx's posts are wrong or contain inaccurate or misleading information. And while I get it, believe me I get it, I disagree with those that post to him simply to egg him on. Correcting wrong information should be the ONLY thing posted in response to anything he says. The ones poking him are only, as I stated above, adding fuel to his fire. He's got more than enough fuel in my opinion.
========

it would be a full time job to actually find a mistake so you could post a correction

tasmart stalked me and only found typos and inconsequential quibbles to whine about
You keep claiming that neither I nor anyone else finds significant errors, but we all know the truth don't we.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

AMK

Post by AMK » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:10 pm

xxyzx wrote: that is the way libtard bullies are

palerider started it
then other bullies joined in
finally mob mentality took over
and everyone piled on in a shark attack
That is incorrect. Palerider was attempting to help you in your first thread. DreamStalker jumped in and called palerider a "freekin idiot." To your credit, at the time, you ignored this and kept your focus on your thread's subject.

AMK

Post by AMK » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:25 pm

Grace~~~ wrote:I am convinced cpap is helping me and I am POSITIVE that I couldn't have gotten to this point without this forum/group.

Thank you *ALL* again for posting here.
~~~being drawn here
(for whatever reason)

...but it's the side show and occasional mental stimulation created by the freedom of speech issue that makes this place unique. Even if it's just showing how awful some people can be... and how fearful others react.

I just don't know how anyone can support moderation? Actually be in favor of giving up rights?
But even the argument for and against moderation is educational.
Imagine if even that was gone? Imagine a place where even mentioning the value of moderation became forbidden?

...all of these things are traps against freedom.

And made up words like libtard?
LOL ... really?

Where are the freetards?
(bunch of lazy bastards taking all their freedoms for granted )
You are aware, I hope, that the "rights" you defend only protect trolls. Here is an example. In the real world, we are not allowed to steal without the threat of negative consequences. But whose freedom does that actually limit? Only thieves. Whose freedom would be limited here if there were consequences for name-calling, acting up with guest accounts, or misuse of the spam button? Not mine, not in the slightest.