marijuana and sleep apnea

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zonker

Re: marijuana and sleep apnea

Post by zonker » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:43 pm

tuzacat wrote:I use CBD oil to help me get to sleep. Very little THC so it's legal and it helps tremendously with my insomnia.
thanks for that. while it helps you get to sleep, does it also help you stay asleep? i have fragmented sleep and would love to try it out if it would help.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Woody

Post by Woody » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:44 pm

I read something else about it that is hard to believe. Regular use, at least 3 times a week
is associated with slightly lower body weight and lower blood sugar levels than in people
who don't smoke marijuana. As I said that's hard to believe especialy because it's noted
for giving people the munchies .....

Additional Comments: SleapyHead software

tuzacat

Post by tuzacat » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:46 pm

Zonker, I am not sure you would want to do what I do to get a good night's sleep but I will tell you what I take. 5 mgs. of Flexeril (prescription muscle relaxer), a dropper of CW Everyday Advanced CBD oil from Charlotte's Web, and one or two tablets of Pain-Eze from Rainbowlight (an herbal combination). I don't always take the Flexeril but I am doing physical therapy right now and find I need it. The CBD will get me to sleep by itself but I have found the Pain-eze is the thing that seems to keep me there. Without it I wake up more than I like. Hope this helps!

Midnight Strangler

Post by Midnight Strangler » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:24 am

Correlation is not causation. Evidence is not proof.

But, evidence and correlation are requirements for proof of causation.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:42 pm

I've heard that stuff turns people in lean mean love machines ....
I think I'll wait for Cheech and Chong to come out with their CPAP version.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

AMK

Post by AMK » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:47 pm

tuzacat wrote:Zonker, I am not sure you would want to do what I do to get a good night's sleep but I will tell you what I take. 5 mgs. of Flexeril (prescription muscle relaxer), a dropper of CW Everyday Advanced CBD oil from Charlotte's Web, and one or two tablets of Pain-Eze from Rainbowlight (an herbal combination). I don't always take the Flexeril but I am doing physical therapy right now and find I need it. The CBD will get me to sleep by itself but I have found the Pain-eze is the thing that seems to keep me there. Without it I wake up more than I like. Hope this helps!
I tried CBD oil and it seemed to make it more difficult for me to sleep. I'm sure it's a case of different brands and different people. I couldn't stand it...it had an awful taste, and left me with a weird feeling of being sleepy but agitated.

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:26 pm

tuzacat wrote:Zonker, I am not sure you would want to do what I do to get a good night's sleep but I will tell you what I take. 5 mgs. of Flexeril (prescription muscle relaxer), a dropper of CW Everyday Advanced CBD oil from Charlotte's Web, and one or two tablets of Pain-Eze from Rainbowlight (an herbal combination). I don't always take the Flexeril but I am doing physical therapy right now and find I need it. The CBD will get me to sleep by itself but I have found the Pain-eze is the thing that seems to keep me there. Without it I wake up more than I like. Hope this helps!
no prolly won't want to do the muscle relaxer or the pain-eze. any pain that my lower back gives me is very mild. it CAN flair up from time to time and interfere with sleep, but that is truly few and far between. i'm very much a coward when it comes to pain meds.

was just curious about the cbd oil.

and i'm sorry you have to go through so much in order to sleep!
Oscar-Win
Oscar-Mac

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:29 pm

AMK wrote:I tried CBD oil and it seemed to make it more difficult for me to sleep. I'm sure it's a case of different brands and different people. I couldn't stand it...it had an awful taste, and left me with a weird feeling of being sleepy but agitated.

oh, okay. always want to hear opinions. not even sure if i'm serious about trying it. but thanks for letting me know your thoughts!
Oscar-Win
Oscar-Mac

esel

Post by esel » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:23 am

Pugsy wrote:
However, expanded and pivotal clinical trials must still be conducted to fully establish the best approach to cannabinoid therapy in obstructive sleep apnea.
Sign me up...either one real or chemical...where do I go?
I would be happy to be part of the expanded trials.

Looking forward to my Christmas visit to Las Vegas.
Just hoping you are not the one on placebo...

Only ME... - :) - Some days sooo slow, some days just running off track ...

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:00 am

esel wrote: Just hoping you are not the one on placebo...
Ah crap. Would be just my luck you know.....get the placebo and not the good stuff. You just had to burst my bubble didn't you?

Sigh.... I do wish that the people in the Bible Belt where I live weren't so fervent in their anti wacky weed war.
Though Arkansas just passed medical marijuana okay not long ago. Maybe Missouri will come on board one of these days with at least medical okay. I just want to try it in my old age since I never did back in my wild party days. I hear it might help with pain and while I am doing much better since the joint injections there is only so much you can do with RX pain meds and a screwed up back.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:27 am

Nebraska--probably never, ever getting weed.
Now they want to send a bill to Colorado for enforcement expenses.
"No, you are not allowed souvenirs that medicate glaucoma, epilepsy, or chemo nausea."
Of course, I suspect that there is somewhere in the bowels of the unicameral,
a secret stash of green happiness, compliments of the State Patrol impound room.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:00 pm

Order containers from Amazon, like that woman did this week it came with 65 lbs of weed. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

tuzacat

Post by tuzacat » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:02 pm

Zonker, thanks for your comments. It is a bummer to have to have to take so much stuff to get to sleep but I take much less now than I used to. AMK is right, some people do respond to CBD with agitation but my understanding is you are supposed to start slowly and build up. Some brands can have something called terpines in them which perform different functions in your body. So one product might be better for pain than another or sleep. If you want to investigate more on this topic there is a Facebook group called CBD Oil Users Group. People are using CBD oil for pain, anxiety, depression and sleep issues. What has been really helpful is a pinned post where different products are reviewed and businesses are vetted so you can hopefully avoid a negative experience. I have tried 4 different companies so far and all of them have made me sleepy so I don't take them during the day for pain just at night to get to sleep.

esel

Post by esel » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:40 am

Well, I tried it a long long time ago... at a time I had never heard about sleep apnea

I slept the next 3 days...

Only ME... - :) - Some days sooo slow, some days just running off track ...

Sunnymuffins

Post by Sunnymuffins » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:47 am

Pugsy wrote: Sigh.... I do wish that the people in the Bible Belt where I live weren't so fervent in their anti wacky weed war.
Though Arkansas just passed medical marijuana okay not long ago. Maybe Missouri will come on board one of these days with at least medical okay.
chunkyfrog wrote: Nebraska--probably never, ever getting weed.
I feel you both. Kentucky's in the same boat.