Is it normal for sleepyhead data files to be this large?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sewsleepy

Is it normal for sleepyhead data files to be this large?

Post by sewsleepy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:31 pm

I am just backing up my computer and it says there are 14,000 Sleepyhead files, 825MB, for my husband's and my profiles. Why so many? Is that normal?
PR System One 60 Series Auto CPAP with Heated Tube Humidifier, Airfit P10 mask

Bertha deBlues

Re: Is it normal for sleepyhead data files to be this large?

Post by Bertha deBlues » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:34 pm

sewsleepy wrote:I am just backing up my computer and it says there are 14,000 Sleepyhead files, 825MB, for my husband's and my profiles. Why so many? Is that normal?
Depends on how many nights of data are recorded. I just checked, and my 20 months of data, just for myself, is 366 MB.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. - Paul McCartney

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:46 pm

Bertha deBlues wrote:
sewsleepy wrote:I am just backing up my computer and it says there are 14,000 Sleepyhead files, 825MB, for my husband's and my profiles. Why so many? Is that normal?
Depends on how many nights of data are recorded. I just checked, and my 20 months of data, just for myself, is 366 MB.
It will come in handy if you get a chance to relive those 20 months over, I don't save mine, as long as I'm not changing anything and we are good to go. If i do I convert all my files I save to .PDF's. and store them that way. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Bertha deBlues

Post by Bertha deBlues » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:54 pm

Goofproof wrote: It will come in handy if you get a chance to relive those 20 months over, I don't save mine, as long as I'm not changing anything and we are good to go. If i do I convert all my files I save to .PDF's. and store them that way. Jim
Actually, I just never got around to looking at how much space it takes until now. Luckily, my desktop PC has plenty of capacity. Maybe I'll clean out the files. . . as soon as I finish cleaning out the hall closet I've been meaning to get to.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. - Paul McCartney

2 B Sleeping Soundly

Post by 2 B Sleeping Soundly » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:58 pm

My SleepyHead data goes from November 2011 to present. It is currently at 1.28 GB with 23,139 Files, 24 Folders. This seems like a lot to me as well, but the data collected is very comprehensive, so who knows... (I sure don't)

John

One time a cop pulled me over for running a stop sign. He said, "Didn't you see the stop sign?" I said, "Yeah, but I don't believe everything I read." -- Steven Wright

Bertha deBlues

Post by Bertha deBlues » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:03 pm

2 B Sleeping Soundly wrote:My SleepyHead data goes from November 2011 to present. It is currently at 1.28 GB with 23,139 Files, 24 Folders. This seems like a lot to me as well, but the data collected is very comprehensive, so who knows... (I sure don't)

John
Well, I am impressed. Now I feel like an amateur.

2 B Sleeping Soundly

Post by 2 B Sleeping Soundly » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:34 pm

Nothing to be impressed about...
Even the longest using PAP users here were at one time newbies in their treatment and the size of their SleepyHead data files/folders . But for me, I still feel like a newbie to this therapy in comparison to the 10, 15, 20+ year PAP users who in my experience have been supportive, wise, and knowledgeable "Hose Heads". I honestly would not be where I am today without them. They have helped me on my journey to successful SA/OSA treatment and I am forever grateful!

John

One time a cop pulled me over for running a stop sign. He said, "Didn't you see the stop sign?" I said, "Yeah, but I don't believe everything I read." -- Steven Wright

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:37 pm

:~/Documents/SleepyHeadData-Testing$ du -h|tail -1
4.2G .

:~/Documents/SleepyHeadData-Testing$ find .|wc -l

I *wish* I only had 14k files and 825mb

It's so many because SH does a lot of pre-processing as it's loading files in, so that it's much faster to display and skip around and zoom when you're looking at stuff.

If it didn't keep all those files in the profile directories, then it'd be much slower when you're browsing the data.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.