Weird CPAP Sound Airsense 10

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
backdoc

Weird CPAP Sound Airsense 10

Post by backdoc » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:13 pm

My Airsense 10 started making a strange sound that goes up and down while breathing in/out. I guess I'll start looking for a replacement....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yts7ntg1k7fh ... d.mp3?dl=0

AMK

Re: Weird CPAP Sound Airsense 10

Post by AMK » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:16 pm

Whoa. How old is your machine?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:21 pm

You got a whale stuck in there somewhere??
How old is your machine?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

backdoc

Post by backdoc » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:23 pm

3 years I think.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:26 pm

backdoc wrote:3 years I think.
Your profile says AIRSTART 10...that's a different animal. Airstart is a cheapie version of the Airsense

backdoc

Post by backdoc » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:35 pm

LSAT wrote:
backdoc wrote:3 years I think.
Your profile says AIRSTART 10...that's a different animal. Airstart is a cheapie version of the Airsense
Its an Airsense 10

AMK

Post by AMK » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:48 pm

I would love to know why a 3 year old Airsense would be making that terrible noise.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:25 pm

backdoc wrote:My Airsense 10 started making a strange sound that goes up and down while breathing in/out. I guess I'll start looking for a replacement....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yts7ntg1k7fh ... d.mp3?dl=0
I've heard some people say their machines make weird noises when the seals for the humidifier tank aren't on right... might try reseating everything,... check the manual, pull out the outlet elbow, make sure everything's where it should be.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

knothead

Post by knothead » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:41 am

That sounds like a gasket leaking somewhere. Take out your water tank and check it out real good, also check the gaskets where the water tank slips into. Think about a balloon filled with air, stretch the balloons neck and the escaping air sounds almost like your machine, thus the gaskets...

backdoc

Post by backdoc » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:01 pm

With the unit unplugged I blew hard in/out through the exhaust port with the water tank installed and couldn't make the sound happen. I plugged it in and did the same thing, as soon as the unit came on it made that sound on inhalation/exhalation. So the sound only occurs with the motor running. So, if it were just the water tank seals I should have been able to reproduce a similar sound by blowing air through the exhaust port (unless of course its dependent upon higher pressure, but since my initial ramp is set at 4mm/H20 I don't think that's an issue).

Steve

AMK

Post by AMK » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:46 pm

That totally sucks!

knothead

Post by knothead » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:33 pm

backdoc wrote:With the unit unplugged I blew hard in/out through the exhaust port with the water tank installed and couldn't make the sound happen. I plugged it in and did the same thing, as soon as the unit came on it made that sound on inhalation/exhalation. So the sound only occurs with the motor running. So, if it were just the water tank seals I should have been able to reproduce a similar sound by blowing air through the exhaust port (unless of course its dependent upon higher pressure, but since my initial ramp is set at 4mm/H20 I don't think that's an issue).

Steve
But does it do it when the machine is on but u not breathing in or out??

backdoc

Post by backdoc » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:54 pm

It only happens when the machine is on and I'm breathing in and out.

knothead

Post by knothead » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:58 pm

backdoc wrote:It only happens when the machine is on and I'm breathing in and out.

I don't know, if it only does it when your breathing in & out but NOT when the machine is just running...doesn't make sense. Air still going through the machine when running and not making noise, noise only when u breath??? still sounds like a gasket, is there any way, maybe a friend u could borrow a tub from and check it that way? its just a trial & error troubleshooting thing. Im not familiar with the insides of the machine so no help there...please keep us posted on what u find out.
U can run the machine by itself, u don't have to be breathing through it, if it does not make the noise and its running, slip on the mask and check again. This is strange...

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:57 pm

I can't get to dropbox from work so I can't here the sound.

Does it sound anything like this?

http://tinyurl.com/nr6mlyt

If so that was my humidifier tank seal. You can't buy just the seal replacement so I had to buy a new tank and the problem went away.

I was able to reseat the seal and the sound went away for a while only to eventually return later on.