xxyzx and Morbius Spam Buttons Removed

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Madalot

Re: xxyzx and Morbius Spam Buttons Removed

Post by Madalot » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:52 am

WearyOne wrote:
jsielke wrote:
Madalot wrote:
Madalot wrote:Here's the thing - and I feel like we're beating a dead horse at this point (no offense to horse people please).

We're beating our heads against the wall, trying to reason with him. It's obvious that he's got something going on and he's either 1) behaving this way on purpose to be an internet troll (he's damned good too); or 2) he truly has a mental health issue that none of us can do anything about.

Since Johnny has made it clear his position on this, we're left with only two reasonable options (as individuals):

1. Leave the forum. Call it quits. Give up, pack up our toys and go home.
2. Ignore him and hope that once he stops getting attention, he goes away.

The only way for #2 to be effective is if EVERYONE that posts here agrees and stops responding TO him. Correct his errors related to CPAP equipment, therapy, etc, but do not engage HIM in any way. He shoots back with his insults, name calling and rants - ignore it.

I personally vote for #2 but realize unless everyone else here is on board, it won't work.
Who's with me on this?
Sounds like worth a try.
Most definitely. I stopped ignoring him a while back...and more recently some others that are posting as non-registered. But then again, I'm usually not his target so it's a bit easier. (Although that could change in a heartbeat.)
LOL - it could change quickly. Just did for Pugsy.

I have sort of nominated myself as unofficial cheerleader...

Give me an "I"!!
Give me a "G"!!
Give me an "N"!!
Give me an "O"!!
Give me an "R"!!
Give me an "E"!!

What's it spell??!!??

IGNORE!!!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:56 am

Madalot wrote:LOL - it could change quickly. Just did for Pugsy.
Yeah it did didn't it? I knew it would. I don't care and won't lose any sleep over it.

He keeps proving us right about is less than pleasing personality and for whatever reason fails to see it.

He was wrong...I challenged him and I got blasted. That's okay, I am wearing my anti crap armor. Nothing stuck.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Marillion

Post by Marillion » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:56 am

Pugsy wrote:
Yeah it did didn't it? I knew it would. I don't care and won't lose any sleep over it.

He keeps proving us right about is less than pleasing personality and for whatever reason fails to see it.

He was wrong...I challenged him and I got blasted. That's okay, I am wearing my anti crap armor. Nothing stuck.

Well, the real point is you should not be getting blasted. I don't know how much longer Johnny is going to let the guy behave this way. Hopefully not too much longer. I know Johnny does not believe in censorship, but this XXX character should not be treating people the way he does.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:11 pm

IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE.....

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:27 pm

Marillion wrote:
Pugsy wrote:

Well, the real point is you should not be getting blasted. I don't know how much longer Johnny is going to let the guy behave this way. Hopefully not too much longer. I know Johnny does not believe in censorship, but this XXX character should not be treating people the way he does.
I will be really surprised if Johnny bans him (although I personally feel it's way past time he should have been banned). IF everyone could ignore him, not respond to him directly, like Madalot and others have suggested, that would go a long way, I believe. Although I think with his personality it would probably take a long time for him to decide he's not getting the attention he wants and decides to go play somewhere else. If he posts something wrong, just post a correction but don't quote him. Just my thoughts.

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:44 pm

My prediction is that xxyzx will not go away, he will just make wilder and wilder claims until some cannot take it, responds, and he will take that opportunity to blast not only the responder but also everyone on his "list". Mental illness is like that.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

Marillion

Post by Marillion » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:48 pm

There is a good saying that comes from my culture, "Old age is your second childhood."

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:51 pm

TASmart wrote:My prediction is that xxyzx will not go away, he will just make wilder and wilder claims until some cannot take it, responds, and he will take that opportunity to blast not only the responder but also everyone on his "list". Mental illness is like that.
You might be right, but let's give it a shot, k? We've got nothing to lose...

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:53 pm

Doing the best I can, I do note that the attacks on my character are increasing.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:55 pm

TASmart wrote:My prediction is that xxyzx will not go away, he will just make wilder and wilder claims until some cannot take it, responds, and he will take that opportunity to blast not only the responder but also everyone on his "list". Mental illness is like that.
That would be my prediction also.
Even if a person corrects his misinformation...or god forbid....disagrees with him on what time of day it might be...he will just go off on another childish rant.
We don't even have to quote him or engage him specifically to promote his inappropriate ranting and accusations.
He's off in a little paranoid world of his own in which he is the supreme being....or that's what he thinks anyway.

Some people cannot be reasoned with and logic doesn't apply. He's one of them. Reminds me of my crazy brother when he is off his anti crazy meds.

If anyone says anything that might remotely be considered a challenge to him (and it seems to take very little) he's going to go off on them.

Ignoring won't do much except feed his superiority complex because if we don't say anything he likes to think we all agree with him as evidenced by what he says in his signature line BS.
And there's always someone who likes to feed the trolls. They just can't not poke tolls just to wake them up.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:56 pm

Marillion wrote:There is a good saying that comes from my culture, "Old age is your second childhood."
I hope so, I'd love to run all day again. Jim

Many of us could use a second childhood, it would be nice if we could retain the wisdom we acquired getting old, and still be able to benefit from it.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:59 pm

TASmart wrote:Doing the best I can, I do note that the attacks on my character are increasing.
Yes, I know. But stay strong. The attacks are stupid and meaningless. The more you ignore, the more it irritates him. And irritating him might make him even crazier where he might make a move that can't be ignored and he can be gotten rid of. Let's cross our fingers for that one.
Pugsy wrote:
That would be my prediction also.
Even if a person corrects his misinformation...or god forbid....disagrees with him on what time of day it might be...he will just go off on another childish rant.
We don't even have to quote him or engage him specifically to promote his inappropriate ranting and accusations.
He's off in a little paranoid world of his own in which he is the supreme being....or that's what he thinks anyway.

Some people cannot be reasoned with and logic doesn't apply. He's one of them. Reminds me of my crazy brother when he is off his anti crazy meds.

If anyone says anything that might remotely be considered a challenge to him (and it seems to take very little) he's going to go off on them.

Ignoring won't do much except feed his superiority complex because if we don't say anything he likes to think we all agree with him as evidenced by what he says in his signature line BS.
And there's always someone who likes to feed the trolls. They just can't not poke tolls just to wake them up.
Yes, there's a lot of truth to what you say here. But I also have another hypothesis about the eventual outcome. I'd rather keep it to myself for the time being, but it would be good.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Madalot wrote:And irritating him might make him even crazier where he might make a move that can't be ignored and he can be gotten rid of.

What more can he do than use his "words"? He's not gonna jump through the monitor. And, there aren't any worse words than the ones he's already used. He's used them all up... and unless he invents new ones which reside in his head, we know what he'll say and the people he will name. He has over 3,000 posts and he's used the same "words" in the majority of them.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:19 pm

TASmart wrote:My prediction is that xxyzx will not go away...
+1 - he's enjoying every minute of this... gives him something to do all day. In April he found a place that will keep him busy all day and into the night. Doesn't cost him anything either. It's fun for him.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:30 pm

Lucyhere wrote:
TASmart wrote:My prediction is that xxyzx will not go away...
+1 - he's enjoying every minute of this... gives him something to do all day. In April he found a place that will keep him busy all day and into the night. Doesn't cost him anything either. It's fun for him.
You're right. Not going to argue over it.

BUT - we all know he's not that smart. He goes on rants and it's obvious he doesn't even realize what he's saying sometimes.

Let's see where his little mind takes him down the road. If we're lucky, he might end up on a path he will regret taking....