xxyzx and Morbius Spam Buttons Removed

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Bertha deBlues

Re: xxyzx and Morbius Spam Buttons Removed

Post by Bertha deBlues » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:14 pm

AMK wrote:
Marillion wrote:"One of the most important things in life is that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're right. If you don't have that, if you think you've got an inside track to absolute truth, you become doctrinaire, humorless and intellectually constipated. The greatest crimes in history have been perpetrated by such religious and political and racial fanatics, from the persecutions of the Inquisition on down to Communist purges and Nazi genocide.'
--Saul Alinsky
The perfect quote, timed perfectly.
Agreed!
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. - Paul McCartney

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:15 pm

AMK wrote:
Marillion wrote:"One of the most important things in life is that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're right. If you don't have that, if you think you've got an inside track to absolute truth, you become doctrinaire, humorless and intellectually constipated. The greatest crimes in history have been perpetrated by such religious and political and racial fanatics, from the persecutions of the Inquisition on down to Communist purges and Nazi genocide.'
--Saul Alinsky
The perfect quote, timed perfectly.
Sounds exactly like our alphabet boy....

idamtnboy

Post by idamtnboy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:33 am

Madalot wrote: BUT - we all know he's not that smart. He goes on rants and it's obvious he doesn't even realize what he's saying sometimes.
After reading the first 12 pages and the last two of this thread I finally have got it figured out. Alphabet boy is actually a pseudonym for the current White House occupant!

I also figured out this morning why the current WH occupant, or is it alphabet boy, is always in such a surly mood. His Depends leak!

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:09 am

Irrelevant after bad user was banned.

Last edited by palerider on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Petrodon

Post by Petrodon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:06 am

I have been lurking on this issue for a while, but I think it is high time to actually contribute.

I have noticed these things happen with alarming regularity and they need to end.

1. Offering opinions as facts. We all know that learning to cope with xPAP therapy can have nuance that only works for some but not all, that is why different machines, therapy modes, masks and accessories exist. If you make a claim that is your opinion you should put it forward as opinion. If it is a fact, you need to cite a reference, no reference mean no facts.
2. Name calling. You should refer to other users by handle only, not an annotated or insult oriented version of the handle. And no blanket insults, especially those that are politically motivated. This is a support forum for xPAP therapy, not a social or political forum.
3. Aggressive retaliatory posts due to differentiation of opinion. Often the forum degenerates into this pattern: Question or call for help > Opinion stated as fact > Other opinion stated as fact in response > Name calling > Retort > More name calling along with persecution complex > Total Chaos. This must cease. No one is getting helped and people are leaving in response.
4. Calls for Moderation. This is a mostly un-moderated forum, if there is no reasonable expectation of moderation then calling for it is unhelpful and stokes ire.
5. Flat out trolling. If you live in the Upside Down, grab an Eggo and go back there. Full stop.

LibtardsUnite!

Post by LibtardsUnite! » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:45 am

Petrodon wrote:I have been lurking on this issue for a while, but I think it is high time to actually contribute.

I have noticed these things happen with alarming regularity and they need to end.

1. Offering opinions as facts. We all know that learning to cope with xPAP therapy can have nuance that only works for some but not all, that is why different machines, therapy modes, masks and accessories exist. If you make a claim that is your opinion you should put it forward as opinion. If it is a fact, you need to cite a reference, no reference mean no facts.
2. Name calling. You should refer to other users by handle only, not an annotated or insult oriented version of the handle. And no blanket insults, especially those that are politically motivated. This is a support forum for xPAP therapy, not a social or political forum.
3. Aggressive retaliatory posts due to differentiation of opinion. Often the forum degenerates into this pattern: Question or call for help > Opinion stated as fact > Other opinion stated as fact in response > Name calling > Retort > More name calling along with persecution complex > Total Chaos. This must cease. No one is getting helped and people are leaving in response.
4. Calls for Moderation. This is a mostly un-moderated forum, if there is no reasonable expectation of moderation then calling for it is unhelpful and stokes ire.
5. Flat out trolling. If you live in the Upside Down, grab an Eggo and go back there. Full stop.
Wow, a member since 2014, but only 31 posts comes out of the woodwork, eyes flashing and fiery tongue wagging. Go get 'em Petrodon!

Guest3457

Post by Guest3457 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:10 am

Petrodon wrote:1. Offering opinions as facts. ... If you make a claim that is your opinion you should put it forward as opinion. If it is a fact, you need to cite a reference, no reference mean no facts.
This decree is unnecessary as under the new Sealioning Rule (see above) nothing can be questioned anymore, therefore everything must be taken as the Gospel.

what_could_be

Post by what_could_be » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:40 pm

Good God, pull the trigger already. I joined this forum months ago with high hopes. Just stopped in to see if there was any improvement. There isn't. Every single post is littered with meaningless xx droppings. Be a libertarian, shoot the guy in the head twice, apply the ban-hammer and be done with it. Erase his existence.

Your board is potentially very useful, with two or three real experts and lots of concerned, helpful on-lookers. Unfortunately Mr. Magoo's noise makes it impossible to hear the signal. Easily a third of your traffic is internecine squabbles caused by the xx person. He is hurting your forum, hurting your business, and ruining your reputation. The word is out in the rest of this niche market - stay away from cpaptalk dot com.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:07 pm

what_could_be wrote:Good God, pull the trigger already. I joined this forum months ago with high hopes. Just stopped in to see if there was any improvement. There isn't. Every single post is littered with meaningless xx droppings. Be a libertarian, shoot the guy in the head twice, apply the ban-hammer and be done with it. Erase his existence.

Your board is potentially very useful, with two or three real experts and lots of concerned, helpful on-lookers. Unfortunately Mr. Magoo's noise makes it impossible to hear the signal. Easily a third of your traffic is internecine squabbles caused by the xx person. He is hurting your forum, hurting your business, and ruining your reputation. The word is out in the rest of this niche market - stay away from cpaptalk dot com.
And yet . . . this thread was finally quiet for FIVE DAYS until you put it back on top
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:24 pm

Janknitz wrote:
what_could_be wrote:Good God, pull the trigger already. I joined this forum months ago with high hopes. Just stopped in to see if there was any improvement. There isn't. Every single post is littered with meaningless xx droppings. Be a libertarian, shoot the guy in the head twice, apply the ban-hammer and be done with it. Erase his existence.

And yet . . . this thread was finally quiet for FIVE DAYS until you put it back on top
And still they allow Guest posting! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:19 pm

I've really never been on any other cpap sites.

I like the soap opera aspect to threads like this but it definitely would be better kept to one thread.
I hate rules. But there's tons of rules that I am already following, I suppose?

Actually I LOVE rules but only as breadcrumb / guideposts that help you experience MORE than you can experience on your own. Rules of life we are dying to know and seek out. Those 'rules' I love. I guess what I hate is the concept of enforcer?

anyway ~~~

It sucks to have a post removed but if it was not destroyed, but instead a computer *genie* button just moved it to the soap opera (fighting?) thread ... WITH A LINK so we could all find it. (at least the clever techie people could find it) then it might make the soap opera thread better too? So win / win?

(I'm in sales) Soap operas are nothing to be ashamed of unless they are not making money.

Also, how cool would it be to have another thread always going here at cpaptalk? Another reason to come here. Think about your cpap. If only there was something *techie* you could do or buy and automatically your data could be sent to the cpaptalk lab?

It could be an anonymous teaching thread with all this breath form data like looking at the weather on the sun. There could be *group* data and conclusions and discoveries and predictions live every day? Take THAT astronomers.

~~~I just think it might be a big draw here. Another thing to do while keeping the church doors open and feeding the hungry.

Aren't some of y'all smart enough to invent this?

There would be so many interesting ways to combine group data beyond just the individual.
Eyes open.
No fear.
~~~be safe everyone
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:23 pm

Goofproof wrote:
Janknitz wrote:

And still they allow Guest posting! Jim
Well let's give the apneaboard troll guest the entertainment he came here for ...

... cuz Johnny B Goodman!
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

ColinP

Post by ColinP » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:10 pm

xxyzx wrote:
palerider wrote:
xxyzx wrote:maybe sleepyhead should go open source so anyone can add code
and the crowd can check for spyware or other problems as well as keep it up to date with windoze changes
better yet make it run on linux instead
It already is, and does, you ginormous pillock.
=======

then how do i get the source code to make fixes to teh bugs and errors
You ask that almost as if it's one question, when actually it's two. By far the easier part is to find the source code, and you couldn't even do that. As for "make fixes to the bugs and errors", well, you'd need some skill, knowledge and brains for that, consequently I'm not holding my breath.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:39 pm

ColinP wrote:
xxyzx wrote:
palerider wrote:
xxyzx wrote:maybe sleepyhead should go open source so anyone can add code
and the crowd can check for spyware or other problems as well as keep it up to date with windoze changes
better yet make it run on linux instead
It already is, and does, you ginormous pillock.
=======

then how do i get the source code to make fixes to teh bugs and errors
You ask that almost as if it's one question, when actually it's two. By far the easier part is to find the source code, and you couldn't even do that. As for "make fixes to the bugs and errors", well, you'd need some skill, knowledge and brains for that, consequently I'm not holding my breath.
I've heard hippos can hold their breath for up to 30 minutes ... is that true?

I've been practicing the Wim Hof method and I can only hold mine for about 3 minutes.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:33 pm

If you joined the forum months ago why are you posting as a troll. Don't have the guts to use your registered name?