xxyzx and Morbius Spam Buttons Removed

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Okie bipap

Re: xxyzx and Morbius Spam Buttons Removed

Post by Okie bipap » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:23 pm

The current version of Sleepyhead works well enough for me. I haven't had to write code since 1987, and have no desire to start doing so again.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

c

Post by c » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:19 pm

My word. this is truly a snake pit. Everyone talking about different problems, thinking they are on the same page but they aren't even in the same book. Some think after they register the user agreement doesn't apply to them but does apply to everyone else and they then/can/do make the rules.

Gryphon

Post by Gryphon » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:49 pm

Ummm what's with the insinuation that once a person registers they can do what ever they want? I'm not understanding the "Logic/rationalization" behind stating once someone registers them selves with an ID that is tractable and unique to that person that they're above the law.

I think your confusing registration with veteran posters.

I would also say that the longer a person keeps their registered username, they want to protect it. Given my username is 10+ years old I feel more inclined to behave my self not less so.

Gryphon

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:21 pm

I've been here over 12 years, as Goofproof, but Ive used that handle since 1975, and I've tried to live by it all my life. We don't always make it but we keep trying. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:00 am

Gryphon wrote: I would also say that the longer a person keeps their registered username, they want to protect it. Given my username is 10+ years old I feel more inclined to behave my self not less so.

Gryphon

Yes, we have invested our time here, and people know us by our usernmes. I have been here over 5 years, but I have been using this username for various groups since I got my first modem in 1993. I have referred to my pets as my zoo crew since I was in high school, and later got into pet photography. So, that is me. And it is traceable to the real me. It is also part of my email address. so, email lists see the name in my email as well as my real name. I try not to say anything that I will need to apologize for.

As for guest posts, I realize that some guests are long time users, but since I do not know which are, or who they are, I just assume they are all new. If they want to have credibility that they have been here awhile and know their stuff, they need to use a username that can be recognized.

I do hope that the Goodmans will find a way to give a time out to somebody or put them on moderation until they learn to behave. We don't need people whose goal is to cause problems. And we don't need people posting under multiple names or logging out to post argumentative posts. While I am used to some level of crap on various forums, it really has gotten bad lately, and that hurts the people we aere trying to help. We all know that cpap is difficult to adjustment to, and that is made worse by doctors and DMEe who often set people up for failure without realizing it. We make a big difference here when we help people. I don't want to see that ruined.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:45 am

xxyzx wrote: maybe sleepyhead should go open source so anyone can add code
and the crowd can check for spyware or other problems as well as keep it up to date with windoze changes
better yet make it run on linux instead
THAT is brilliant!
+100

It would be so amazing if SH would be opensource and could run on linux. It would be a really great world if there would be precompiled binaries for all the common operating systems like windows, macOS and linux.

.. I get the feeling. today will be a really great day for me

LibtardsUnite!

Post by LibtardsUnite! » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:31 am

johnnygoodman wrote:Howdy,

xxyzx and Morbius no longer have spam button privileges on CPAPtalk.

Ideas should be worked out in thread, not through the spam button. The spam button is for things that are clearly commercial spam.

The mission of this forum is to help people with CPAP issues - peer to peer. The means we use to accomplish this is honoring the ideas of libertarianism and low censorship. These ideas are not proving to be self correcting. The level of discourse has more and more frequently degenerated into personal attacks. Quit it. Use respectful ideas to win. I'll sooner change the forums precepts than do harm to new CPAP users. We're nearing that point. Please change course or risk being the first act of a more involved CPAPtalk moderation team.

Johnny

I rest my case. XXYZX should be THANKING the libtards, since it is their philosophy "honoring the ideas of libertarianism and low censorship" that allow him to remain.

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:56 am

xxyzx wrote:
palerider wrote:
xxyzx wrote:maybe sleepyhead should go open source so anyone can add code
and the crowd can check for spyware or other problems as well as keep it up to date with windoze changes
better yet make it run on linux instead
It already is, and does, you ginormous pillock.
=======

then how do i get the source code to make fixes to teh bugs and errors
Took me less than 5 minutes to find it, but alas, I don't do demands and rarely do requests.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:46 pm

Guess that makes you a real peach too, as I am quoting you.
Your mileage may vary

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:05 pm

xxyzx wrote:
TASmart wrote:Guess that makes you a real peach too, as I am quoting you.
===========

i would prefer being a blueberry if we are playing taht stupid psychobabble game

being a real peach is southern slang for being ... well ... a peach of a guy
I know full well what you meant. You do realize I was mirroring back to you exactly what you have said to other posters, including me when you are asked for links don't you?. If that is psychobabble, I am guilty as charged. Once again, notice that I am not name calling or bullying in any way.
Your mileage may vary

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:47 pm

Whatever, but I have the link to the source code, and you still search. Best luck to you.
Your mileage may vary

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:01 pm

Sleepyhead users everywhere are thanking me.
Your mileage may vary

Marillion

Post by Marillion » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:02 pm

xxyzx wrote:
TASmart wrote:Whatever, but I have the link to the source code, and you still search. Best luck to you.
=======

I was going to volounteer to work on SH
but since you have the source code
and you are a libtard jerk about it
i will let you fix the problems with the code
and i will go find other things to volounteer my time for
This actually made me laugh for quite a while!! Thank you for that moment of levity. I needed that today. You never fail to entertain around here and I honestly thank you for that. It would be a lot more boring on this forum without you. I'll just go light a candle for Saul Alinsky now...

Marillion

Post by Marillion » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:14 pm

"One of the most important things in life is that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're right. If you don't have that, if you think you've got an inside track to absolute truth, you become doctrinaire, humorless and intellectually constipated. The greatest crimes in history have been perpetrated by such religious and political and racial fanatics, from the persecutions of the Inquisition on down to Communist purges and Nazi genocide.'
--Saul Alinsky

AMK

Post by AMK » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:35 pm

Marillion wrote:"One of the most important things in life is that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're right. If you don't have that, if you think you've got an inside track to absolute truth, you become doctrinaire, humorless and intellectually constipated. The greatest crimes in history have been perpetrated by such religious and political and racial fanatics, from the persecutions of the Inquisition on down to Communist purges and Nazi genocide.'
--Saul Alinsky
The perfect quote, timed perfectly.