Another newbie - possible apnea?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Another newbie - possible apnea?

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:17 am

Just seconding the comments of the RATIONAL posters here.
Freedom of speech stops when harm is caused or threatened.
Please, somebody--shut this dangerous troll down!

atomicsmurf

Post by atomicsmurf » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:57 pm

I saw the Dr today and was prescribed Propranolol, and Paroxetine for anxiety and PMS. The EKG was clear.
Funny thing, as soon as yesterday my heart rate started to increase in anticipation of the appointment. By the time I got the Dr it was racing. Now that I'm home it's back down to within normal 80-90's. My BP has been really good in the teens without the use of Meds. And I have been sleeping wonderfully with it back in normal range.
So I'm thinking anxiety is now an issue in my life, and PMSing is making it worse than usual during that time of the month. Thanks stupid hormones! lol Anxiety and BP, chicken or the egg? I'll keep an eye on it and manage it with the scripts.
Thanks all for easing me through the google panic. lol
Oh! Also I started sleeping with my head up more, instead of flat. It has helped a lot.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:10 pm

Mitral valve prolapse causes those symptoms in me. (anxiety, heart racing, feeling like panic attack). Has the Dr. checked for that?

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:30 pm

atomicsmurf wrote:I saw the Dr today and was prescribed Propranolol, and Paroxetine for anxiety and PMS. The EKG was clear.
My BP has been really good in the teens without the use of Meds. And I have been sleeping wonderfully with it back in normal range.
So I'm thinking anxiety is now an issue in my life, and PMSing is making it worse than usual during that time of the month. Thanks stupid hormones! lol Anxiety and BP, chicken or the egg? I'll keep an eye on it and manage it with the scripts.
Thanks all for easing me through the google panic. lol
Oh! Also I started sleeping with my head up more, instead of flat. It has helped a lot.
That is called "white coat syndrome" (tee hee) When I have to go to the doctor my bp does the same, heart racing, palpitations the whole nine yards. His nurse checks my bp prior to him coming into the examroom and always tells me a few minutes BEFOE taking my bp "Go to your happy place now:" After I have relaxed and been to my "happy place"
she will come back in and take my vitals
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

atomicsmurf

Post by atomicsmurf » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:11 am

I am so bad with White Coat syndrome that it starts the day before the appointment, and doesn't go back to normal until after I leave. lol I guess I'm just a nervous nelly.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:01 am

atomicsmurf wrote:I am so bad with White Coat syndrome that it starts the day before the appointment, and doesn't go back to normal until after I leave. lol I guess I'm just a nervous nelly.
Just like our dog, he knows if the trip is to the vet or the country. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

atomicsmurf

Post by atomicsmurf » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:12 am

lol That reminds me. I had this German Shepherd and she would not go to the bathroom unless it was in her own territory. We drove from Orlando to Valdosta GA one year and stayed one night at a hotel before we realized something. Reilly, (the dog), would not go to the bathroom. As soon as we got home, she did her business. We quit taking her on trips.
But yes, I am as bad as a dog that knows it's going to the vet. lol