Miracle? ZERO at home study, throat good, no CPAP? Wtf

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Cuda

Miracle? ZERO at home study, throat good, no CPAP? Wtf

Post by Cuda » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:22 am

ahi 60+ normally.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

Im hoping i am just an idiot. I dialed in my sleep position for CPAP and never tried the position without CPAP. When sleeping without the mask its always by accident, as with all tests I am on my back.

My throat doesn't lie, no puking, no headache, ringing in ears is light.

Would be an amazing turn of luck. Mayo thinks its a mistake, I am not so sure.

I will sleep on my back next week so I get the in house study paid for. Then I test my theory.

What if its that simple?

Meds are needed to use my machine, meds not working. Hence the need for Mayo to figure something else out then this happened! I was just hitting endgame, 6'1" @ 150 dropping fast.

Mayo said it could be the weight loss but I know that's not it. I get crushed normally without my mask, even a small nap.

Had to tell someone. No one else can understand what this might mean for me. Even if its just moderate or mild it opens up more treatment options, dental etc.

CPAP position without CPAP, maybe the CPAP was not needed the entire time. It would explain my numbers. On my back the machine cant push past at 20cm. On my side I knew it was 7-9cms with more success. Never occurred to me i might not need it at all if I can hold that position.

A lucky break if true.

I better try to sleep.

Sleeping Ugly

Re: Miracle? ZERO at home study, throat good, no CPAP? Wtf

Post by Sleeping Ugly » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:56 am

I am not quite sure I understand what you're saying as far as sleep position? Do you mean when you did a home sleep study, without a mask, that you slept in a position that you normally do when you have ON a mask and you had no AHI's during the study?
CPAP Therapy: providing restful and restorative sleep, while making you LOOK like you haven't had ANY! --me

TedVPAP

Post by TedVPAP » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:56 am

OP - I gave up trying to understand your post. Please keep your babbling to yourself.
If you wish to communicate, you will need to apply thought and effort.

Additional Comments: AutoPAP 16-20, Ultimate Chin Strap http://sleepapneasolutionsinc.com/
Last edited by TedVPAP on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment:
how to see your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead
how to present your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
how to post your data https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:00 am

Agree - I have no idea what you're trying to say (but certainly losing weight can help).

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:05 am

I think he is trying to say that he thinks his OSA might be heavily related to sleeping position due to a negative home sleep study and wondering if he could stay in whatever position it is that doesn't seem to make OSA worse that maybe he could get off cpap.
He's also lost some unknown amount of weight which may or may not be impacting things.
He is following up with the Mayo Clinic though....so he isn't just abandoning cpap. Sounded more to me like he was thinking out loud and like a lot of us...what we hear in our head doesn't always come out as clearly as it was when it was in our head.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:56 am

Pugsy wrote: Sounded more to me like he was thinking out loud and like a lot of us...what we hear in our head doesn't always come out as clearly as it was when it was in our head.
that, my dear, was profound!

and the main reason why most of my posts are so short.....
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:37 pm

xxyzx wrote:
Cuda wrote:ahi 60+ normally.

Im hoping i am just an idiot. I dialed in my sleep position for CPAP and never tried the position without CPAP. When sleeping without the mask its always by accident, as with all tests I am on my back.

I will sleep on my back next week so I get the in house study paid for. Then I test my theory.

What if its that simple?

Meds are needed to use my machine, meds not working. Hence the need for Mayo to figure something else out then this happened! I was just hitting endgame, 6'1" @ 150 dropping fast.

Mayo said it could be the weight loss but I know that's not it. I get crushed normally without my mask, even a small nap.

Had to tell someone. No one else can understand what this might mean for me. Even if its just moderate or mild it opens up more treatment options, dental etc.

CPAP position without CPAP, maybe the CPAP was not needed the entire time. It would explain my numbers. On my back the machine cant push past at 20cm. On my side I knew it was 7-9cms with more success. Never occurred to me i might not need it at all if I can hold that position.

A lucky break if true.

I better try to sleep.
================

that 7 years between signing up and posting this blather must have fried your brains

try getting sober and take your meds then post what you tried to say
Why are you attacking somebody who has never attacked you? You claim you are only rude in response to bullies, but clearly, this person has never addressed you in a post. Ever.

Why be so rude?

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:58 pm

X-tard : now you know how WE feel!

kteague

Post by kteague » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:30 pm

So is next week an in-lab study? Hopefully you can get some solid answers from an in-lab study instead of more questions. It would be unusual to see that much of a drop in AHI, but hey, I'm guessing stranger things have happened. If I were you I'd make sure the doctor has ordered your legs to be a part of the in-lab study. That is one scenario which can explain wide variables in AHI, as limb movements can mask OSA, as well as OSA can mask limb movements. It's a long shot that this would be your issue, but if your legs are monitored, it could be one more thing ruled out. Good luck with things. Please let us know what you find out. Please don't take it personal about all the smartass comments. Some miserable people thrive off of putting down others. I too was unclear about your message, but too bad some couldn't just simply ask you to clarify. Good luck.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:40 pm

Pugsy wrote:I think he is trying to say that he thinks his OSA might be heavily related to sleeping position due to a negative home sleep study and wondering if he could stay in whatever position it is that doesn't seem to make OSA worse that maybe he could get off cpap.
He's also lost some unknown amount of weight which may or may not be impacting things.
He is following up with the Mayo Clinic though....so he isn't just abandoning cpap. Sounded more to me like he was thinking out loud and like a lot of us...what we hear in our head doesn't always come out as clearly as it was when it was in our head.
I read the OP's post the same way you did. When he said "mayo", maybe some thought he meant mayonnaise. Anyway, they could have easily asked him to clarify instead of acting like jerks.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

kteague

Post by kteague » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:41 pm

xxyzx wrote: sorry but waiting 7 years between the first post and that rambling rant is a bit much
7 years? I just checked his history and he's posted twice in recent months, and in 2015, and in 2014... need I go on? Whole lot of posts since he signed up. Was that accusation an honest mistake?

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:45 pm

kteague wrote:
xxyzx wrote: sorry but waiting 7 years between the first post and that rambling rant is a bit much
7 years? I just checked his history and he's posted twice in recent months, and in 2015, and in 2014... need I go on? Whole lot of posts since he signed up. Was that accusation an honest mistake?

I apologize Kteague... but ask a silly question and you get...
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

49er

Post by 49er » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:38 am

xxyzx wrote:
zoocrewphoto wrote:
xxyzx wrote:
Cuda wrote:ahi 60+ normally.

What if its that simple?

A lucky break if true.

I better try to sleep.
================

that 7 years between signing up and posting this blather must have fried your brains

try getting sober and take your meds then post what you tried to say
Why are you attacking somebody who has never attacked you? You claim you are only rude in response to bullies, but clearly, this person has never addressed you in a post. Ever.

Why be so rude?
==========

sorry but waiting 7 years between the first post and that rambling rant is a bit much
You still didn't answer Zoo Crew's question. As kteague pointed out, the poster has posted recently. But even if what you said was correct and it wasn't, that was still not a justification for an attack since he didn't do anything to you.

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:45 am

While reading, I was asking myself... who the heck is Mayo?

Sheriff