AirSense 10 Auto

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: AirSense 10 Auto

Post by palerider » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:14 pm

pratzert wrote:Hi all.

I am confused about the reporting capability of the Airsense 10 Auto machine.

I have heard the term "Modem" and "Wireless/WiFi" used to describe how the machine can communicate therapy data.

The word modem, to me, conveys some sort of telecommunication, such as cell phone "over the air" communication or even a hard wire to a telephone jack in the wall.
It has a cellular modem built in. no wifi.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:15 pm

pratzert wrote:Thanks for all the info.

So I will be keeping the machine in Airplane mode as I have no way of monitoring what it is actually transmitting, nor to whom.

I will install an SD card and if the insurance company want proof of compliance, I will take my SD card to my Sleep Doc.

There have been way too many stories of our Televisions, phones etc. spying on us.

I don't want or need another potential house spy.
I suggest a nice tinfoil hat over the machine.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

pratzert

Post by pratzert » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:50 am

palerider wrote:

So I will be keeping the machine in Airplane mode as I have no way of monitoring what it is actually transmitting, nor to whom.

I will install an SD card and if the insurance company want proof of compliance, I will take my SD card to my Sleep Doc.

There have been way too many stories of our Televisions, phones etc. spying on us.

I already have one on my head to keep the aliens from reading my brainwaves, I'll make a similar one for my CPAP machine.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:45 pm

pratzert wrote:
palerider wrote:

I already have one on my head to keep the aliens from reading my brainwaves, I'll make a similar one for my CPAP machine.
Wrap your shoes too, they go for your soles, too. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire