Lower score

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Lower score

Post by Pugsy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:12 am

LSAT wrote:At what point do we give up? She obviously cannot understand the simplist instruction. Send her to the Apnea Board..."They're nice over there."
But you can't post over there at all unless you are logged in.
Some people just lack the skills or aptitude to do some of this stuff. Not much we can do from our chairs about that.
I explain how and if they can't follow the directions I pretty much have to give up.
I have been looking in Rested Gals post for her instructions...they were really good and even had pictures to explain the steps for logging in but I can't find them and I am really short on time right now. Need to head over to my mom's.
Maybe later if she hasn't figured it all out I will look some more for RestedGals excellent step by step instructions and post the link if I can find it. I just don't have the time right now. The forum crappy search function is useless and she has a lot of posts to sort through.
I do remember seeing it though.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:53 am

"Can't" may not be an ability issue, but OCD
Many people have some degree of internet paranoia--some with good cause.
Some social media sites have already proven to be untrustworthy . . .

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:09 am

A higher 95% number like the 35 just means for 95% of the time the leaks were at or below that number.
I don't have time to go find a thread where I showed a good example of how the 95% can sometimes cause panic about accuracy of data and it not necessarily be a cause for panic.
The "or below" part is real important. For all we know the time spent above 30 L/min was maybe 45 minutes out of a 7 hour period...and the data is only in question for the time in large leak. It's not going to make that big of a difference over the entire night's numbers if the data is in question for 45 minutes.

This is why we need to look at the leak graphs.
I once had a 95% number of 48 or thereabouts...and the actual time spent in really large leak was only an hour. Trying a new mask and didn't have fitting yet dialed in.
95% numbers are real easy to skew high with just a short time in the high territory and can make things look a lot worse than they really are. So take them with a grain of salt and learn to evaluate the actual leak graphs before jumping to panic mode about large leaks and what needs to be done to fix them.

Only the data shown during the time of really big leak is in question...the rest of the night when not in really big leak is still accurate.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:18 am

Pugsy wrote:A higher 95% number like the 35 just means for 95% of the time the leaks were at or below that number.
I don't have time to go find a thread where I showed a good example of how the 95% can sometimes cause panic about accuracy of data and it not necessarily be a cause for panic.
The "or below" part is real important. For all we know the time spent above 30 L/min was maybe 45 minutes out of a 7 hour period...and the data is only in question for the time in large leak. It's not going to make that big of a difference over the entire night's numbers if the data is in question for 45 minutes.

This is why we need to look at the leak graphs.
I once had a 95% number of 48 or thereabouts...and the actual time spent in really large leak was only an hour. Trying a new mask and didn't have fitting yet dialed in.
95% numbers are real easy to skew high with just a short time in the high territory and can make things look a lot worse than they really are. So take them with a grain of salt and learn to evaluate the actual leak graphs before jumping to panic mode about large leaks and what needs to be done to fix them.

Only the data shown during the time of really big leak is in question...the rest of the night when not in really big leak is still accurate.
pugsy? who are you answering here? i don't see any post in this thread regarding large leaks. am i missing something??
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:40 pm

zonker wrote: pugsy? who are you answering here? i don't see any post in this thread regarding large leaks. am i missing something??
First post.
by A MESS on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:40 am
Strange. Got a high leak score today 35 on res med , but the same same low AHI score of 2.5. Yes had mouth open--dry as a bone today. Does it really matter if your mouth is open?
and second post
by A mess on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:48 am
Then why was my ahi score still very low? 2.5 Seems it would be very high
Just adding clarification as to why the nice low AHI might or might not really be so nice and low.

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:49 pm

xxyzx wrote:
A MESS wrote:Registered AMESS and A Mess. Does not like me. I actually have already done this.. more than once. Its Halloween- maybe if I put on my costume-

you can only register once

now use that to sign on with your password
you were smart enough to write that down so you would remember it werent you ?
see i am being nice here
i doubt that you recorded your password to use the next time

the problem is you not the system not liking you

if you are really taht clueless then go to your local library and take their class on using a computer and how to log on

if your costume was the straw man
then take it off and insert some brains and go as something else
Thisis your idea of being nice? Most mental health therapists offer instruction on how to treat people, that could be useful for you.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:14 pm

Pugsy wrote:
zonker wrote: pugsy? who are you answering here? i don't see any post in this thread regarding large leaks. am i missing something??
First post.
by A MESS on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:40 am
Strange. Got a high leak score today 35 on res med , but the same same low AHI score of 2.5. Yes had mouth open--dry as a bone today. Does it really matter if your mouth is open?
and second post
by A mess on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:48 am
Then why was my ahi score still very low? 2.5 Seems it would be very high
Just adding clarification as to why the nice low AHI might or might not really be so nice and low.
*DERP!* you people who can read are SO lucky.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg