General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DreamStalker

Re: Newbie

Post by DreamStalker » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:01 pm

This forum is turning into a bunch of sheep grazing around the end of the alphabet ...

AHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaa !!!!!
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:38 pm

PhotoCrusader wrote:My plan is to call my doctors office on Monday. I will call the sleep study place to see if they will send me the report as well.
I don't drive much. But living in LA, it is so easy for a short trip to take a long time. One night it took 2 hours to go one mile. There was no way around the traffic.
When I had my sleep studies, I simply went to the records office at the hospital and asked for copies of my sleep study. They copied the rests for me and gave the to me right then.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

PhotoCrusader

Post by PhotoCrusader » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:05 am

Julie wrote:The lab won't send you anything - your MD has to give you the report and discuss it.
I received a hard copy from my doctor and a soft copy from the lab. Maybe it is a difference between Canadian and US law.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:52 am

Doubt it... but when you go to the hospital (vs some lab on a street corner) you must also sign for the results - and if you didn't I'd want to know more!

I have worked (though long ago) in both U.S. and Can. hospitals.

Anyone can usually get their own hospital records as long as they sign for them, but it's not the same as any old lab and not the same as the MD themselves). The MD doesn't 'have' to 'discuss' it really, but obviously some small explanation is expected unless already given on the phone and not just by the receptionist.

PhotoCrusader

Post by PhotoCrusader » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:18 am

Julie wrote:The lab won't send you anything - your MD has to give you the report and discuss it.

Just as an FYI, I had a change in insurance and doctor. I received the report so I could give it to my new doctor.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:37 am

Who did you receive it from - the lab? Had you already been given the results from your doctor?

PhotoCrusader

Post by PhotoCrusader » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:00 am

Julie wrote:Who did you receive it from - the lab? Had you already been given the results from your doctor?
The lab and my Aetna doctor gave me the reports. They had been submitted to Aetna for referrals etc. Then my insurance was changed to Kaiser. I gave my new doctor my hard copy of the summary and reports. He sent request to Kaiser Sleep Medicine. (Luckily I went to the same sleep study company that Kaiser already uses. So, they accepted it without requiring a retest.) Kaiser requested the reports etc from Advanced Sleep Center. I spoke to Kaiser Sleep Medicine on Friday. They had received the reports, attached them to my chart, and submitted the order to Apria. I should be hearing from Apria this week to set-up an appt.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:22 am

Okaaay... my orig. point was just that results should come first from your doctor, as others involved (techs, etc) are not by law supposed to give or interpret your results until the doctor explains them to you, but what happens afterward, or in what sequence, I suppose is all about the individuals (or co's) involved.

PhotoCrusader

Post by PhotoCrusader » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:39 am

Julie wrote:Okaaay... my orig. point was just that results should come first from your doctor, as others involved (techs, etc) are not by law supposed to give or interpret your results until the doctor explains them to you, but what happens afterward, or in what sequence, I suppose is all about the individuals (or co's) involved.

My doctor received the report. I was only told that I would need CPAP and they would take care of referral etc. Upon providing it to my new doctor, he told me that he wasn't as worried about the apnea so much as the reduction in my oxygen saturation. Neither really told me anything.