OT Info

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Goofproof

OT Info

Post by Goofproof » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:36 pm

Just got out of the hospital today. put in a new De-Fib with dual chamber leads. This DR. wasn't A Quack like the 1st one, right! No major pain, this doctor put me out before carving the Turkey. Jim

The old one was a single chamber De-fib, this new unit is dual chamber, and the pacemaker part is two wire, I now need the pacer side too.

Not much sleep in the last two days, took and used my XPAP on O2!
Last edited by Goofproof on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Pad A Cheek
Location: Virginia, In the shadow of the Blue Ridge Mountains

Re: OT Info

Post by Pad A Cheek » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:43 pm

Jim,

So glad you got a renewal on your time here with us. Also pleased that you had a good Dr. this go round and hopefully you will get on great. Speedy recovery.

Turkey day is just around the corner isn't it? We should be thankful every day that we are alive to enjoy it.

Karen

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:56 pm

Good thoughts sent to you. Hope you bounce back quickly!
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:57 pm

Pad A Cheek wrote:Jim,

So glad you got a renewal on your time here with us. Also pleased that you had a good Dr. this go round and hopefully you will get on great. Speedy recovery.

Turkey day is just around the corner isn't it? We should be thankful every day that we are alive to enjoy it.

Karen
I don't care for the Dr. like XPAP Drs, he's full of attitude and did a little fibbing, but in the end he did the job without much pain as if you could redo the job the other butcher had botched. about 1/5 th as much pain, not taking any med's for the pain, going to half to refrain from using that left turkey wing for a week or to st the wirers can grow in. Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:28 pm

Congratulations.
Eventually, if you are tough enough, they finally DO get it right.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:59 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Congratulations.
Eventually, if you are tough enough, they finally DO get it right.
I plugged in the call home device at home, it started beeping after a while but I am too tired to read the book that came with it, got one hour of fragmented sleep last night, 3 1/2 hours the night before, in the 34 hours of this ordeal, I ate two boiled pieces of boiled chicken 3oz, 3oz of mashed powdered potatoes, no salt, butter, or grease or and seasoning, three cups of tea 2 hot one cold, nothing but water in it, two pieces of white thin diet no salt bread. When I got home my sugar levels were 256, 120 higher than when I went in 34 hours before. The Dr. stopped my normal insulin, I knew the only way to get by was don't eat.

They stopped my use of insulin and (medformin it destroys kidneys with cath lab dyes), so I didn't eat much, I never missed much, it was awful. I had egg McMuffin and tea w/honey for supper. Shot up twice this afternoon got down to 101 before my egg and tea. Doctors, none of them read the play book, but at least he could cut and patch. Jim

Bad news I'm a Lefty, and can't use my left wing!

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:00 pm

BEst to ya for a good and speedy recovery.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

kteague

Post by kteague » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:02 pm

Good to hear the procedure was not too bad. Is it expected that this will made a difference in how you feel day to day?

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:03 pm

Wishing you the best. take care.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:07 pm

kteague wrote:Good to hear the procedure was not too bad. Is it expected that this will made a difference in how you feel day to day?
No, just trying to keep the Grim Reaper in the next zip code. JIm

I wasn't happy looking at going thru it, not good odd's.

RiverDave

Post by RiverDave » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:20 pm

I hope your recovery is swift and good!!

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:35 pm

Wow! I'm so glad you are still with us! I didn't know you could have a defib AND pacemaker at the same time. I am also alarmed that they took you off insulin, but hopefully, you can get that going good again. My endo says there's a reason why they want blood sugar higher when you are in the hospital and I suppose higher is better than too low because, from my brother's experience, the nurses on the floor don't do a very good job handling lows. Anyway, rest well and I hope you get better sleep tonight. Hugs.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:06 pm

SewTired wrote:Wow! I'm so glad you are still with us! I didn't know you could have a defib AND pacemaker at the same time. I am also alarmed that they took you off insulin, but hopefully, you can get that going good again. My endo says there's a reason why they want blood sugar higher when you are in the hospital and I suppose higher is better than too low because, from my brother's experience, the nurses on the floor don't do a very good job handling lows. Anyway, rest well and I hope you get better sleep tonight. Hugs.
Many De-Fibs have a pacemaker built in, however single chambers seldom work well at paceing. I learned from my last trip to hide food for later. this time I took Reese Cups and creme cookies, I also too insulin and tester, but didn't resort to them. Playing nice! But on the dr's part it was stupid, they must go to med school 1 day a week and paery 6. Jim

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:40 pm

After the lack of sleep in the hospital, my bed felt like brand new, slept for 12 hours, woke up refreshed, life is good. Jim

Debating getting up in the morning, and driving the wife one handed to the stores for food restock, if I can, stay aleart I may be on the road.

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:46 am

Goof: glad to hear everything worked out. Hoping the best for you!

Sheriff