Quantcast

Bookmark and Share
General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
stevez

SD Card Full

Postby stevez on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:52 am

My Dreamstation machine's SD card is full. About a week ago I started getting a message that it's full. I have searched here and it seems I can get a replacement at Walmart among other places. Kind of surprised since I just started in May of this year. I've downloaded to Sleepyhead several days, but think I need to keep a current SD card to take to the doctors office during my visits. Does is seem normal to be full this early?

LSAT

Re: SD Card Full

Postby LSAT on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:57 am

I have been using the same 2mb SD card in my ResMed for over 3+ years...I doubt that yours is full.

Additional Comments: S9 Autoset...APAP Settings 11-15

Back up mask is another Quattro FF and an F20
Buckwheat Hull Pillow (CPAPfit) from http://www.pur-sleep.com/

xxyzx is WRONG more often than he's right, double check everything he says!

zonker

Postby zonker on Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:20 pm

stevez wrote:My Dreamstation machine's SD card is full. About a week ago I started getting a message that it's full. I have searched here and it seems I can get a replacement at Walmart among other places. Kind of surprised since I just started in May of this year. I've downloaded to Sleepyhead several days, but think I need to keep a current SD card to take to the doctors office during my visits. Does is seem normal to be full this early?

unless you have an old sd card that carries say 256 mb of storage, i'd say it's a little soon. heck, i think even 256 would last longer. don't know off hand how big my card is, but have been using it for more than a year without filling it up.

xxyzx

Postby xxyzx on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:10 pm

stevez wrote:My Dreamstation machine's SD card is full. About a week ago I started getting a message that it's full. I have searched here and it seems I can get a replacement at Walmart among other places. Kind of surprised since I just started in May of this year. I've downloaded to Sleepyhead several days, but think I need to keep a current SD card to take to the doctors office during my visits. Does is seem normal to be full this early?

never heard of one getting full

what size is it ?

how long have you used it ?
they should go years not months and some never fill up as they eventually overwrite old data

was it empty before you started using it?

does your pc confirm it is actually full?
your xpap could be wrong with its claim.

or the card could be defective and has little usable ram due to defects.
Last edited by xxyzx on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IF I ever say anything incorrect somebody will post true facts to prove it. But when my posts are accurate they will always attack me personally. You can decide whether my post is correct or not by looking at which they did. [color=#FF00FF]

xxyzx

Postby xxyzx on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:10 pm

LSAT wrote:I have been using the same 2mb SD card in my ResMed for over 3+ years...I doubt that yours is full.

MB?! Not GB?? That must be one really old SD card.
IF I ever say anything incorrect somebody will post true facts to prove it. But when my posts are accurate they will always attack me personally. You can decide whether my post is correct or not by looking at which they did. [color=#FF00FF]

klm49

Postby klm49 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:30 pm

I have had a dream station for over a year and a half and my card isn't full. Mine has a 8MB card in it. I had to replace my SD card after about 6 mos. because one of the contacts got damaged. It still worked but a contact was lose. I just copied the data from the old card to the new and its been working ever since.

Additional Comments: Setting: APAP, 17 - 20 CFLEX=2, Humidifer & Heated Hose

Pugsy

Postby Pugsy on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:58 pm

stevez wrote: I just started in May of this year.

stevez wrote: Does is seem normal to be full this early?

No, it's not normal.

Can you go look into the SD card and in the folder with the machine serial number and look inside that folder and tell me how me P folders you have. The first one from May should be the P0 folder and then when it gets full it starts a P1 folder and when that gets full it starts a P3,...etc. How many P folders do you see?

Additional Comments: Backups..AirCurve 10 ST, S9 Adapt, PR S1 Bipap #760

archangle

Postby archangle on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:02 am

I'm skeptical it's actually full. Is the CPAP machine telling you it's full? What does your PC say?

In my experience, SD cards are very unreliable, so maybe it's just a hardware or data glitch.

Additional Comments: Also SleepyHead, PRS1 Auto, Respironics Auto M series, Legacy Auto, and Legacy Plus
Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

stevez

Postby stevez on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:37 am

Thanks again all. I will take a harder look at it, in my PC and get the statistics on it. I used it daily since May 10th of this year, so really only 5 months. I have no idea if it was blank when I started, but I'll look. Someone asked, and yes, I get a flashing error message that my SD card is full, but I haven't tried reviewing it in Sleepyhead since then. I will and update my note here. I'll also go back to the vendor too if it appears it is full for some reason and/or not storing my new data. Thanks again.

jsielke

Postby jsielke on Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:05 am

stevez wrote:Thanks again all. I will take a harder look at it, in my PC and get the statistics on it. I used it daily since May 10th of this year, so really only 5 months. I have no idea if it was blank when I started, but I'll look. Someone asked, and yes, I get a flashing error message that my SD card is full, but I haven't tried reviewing it in Sleepyhead since then. I will and update my note here. I'll also go back to the vendor too if it appears it is full for some reason and/or not storing my new data. Thanks again.

Beforfe you toss it, if it has a problem, just try formatting it in your PC. That will erase all the data, so if there is anything you need, back it up first.

Old man, new machine. Better sleep!BEWARE: Poster xxyzx is not as knowledgeable as he thinks he is and becomes very hostile when challenged. Search some of his posts to see what he is capable of and please....Triple check all advice from him!!

stevez

Postby stevez on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:22 pm

jsielke wrote:
stevez wrote:Thanks again all. I will take a harder look at it, in my PC and get the statistics on it. I used it daily since May 10th of this year, so really only 5 months. I have no idea if it was blank when I started, but I'll look. Someone asked, and yes, I get a flashing error message that my SD card is full, but I haven't tried reviewing it in Sleepyhead since then. I will and update my note here. I'll also go back to the vendor too if it appears it is full for some reason and/or not storing my new data. Thanks again.

Beforfe you toss it, if it has a problem, just try formatting it in your PC. That will erase all the data, so if there is anything you need, back it up first.

Thanks; will do.

greatunclebill

Postby greatunclebill on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:04 pm

at this rate, my sd card should hold close to 24 years of data.

PR 550 auto - full data
2 GB disk
size: 270 MB
size on disk: 502 MB
8960 folders, 11 folders
2071 days of CPAP Data, between 12/28/11 and 10/1/17
cumulative machine usage: 634 days, 2 hrs, 39 min, 8 sec.
used 98.6% of days.

JOIN ME IN BLOCKING XXYZX. If everybody blocks it, it's talking to itself.

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.

the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan.

MSgt USAF (E-7) Retired 1968-1990

xxyzx

Postby xxyzx on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:30 pm

greatunclebill wrote:at this rate, my sd card should hold close to 24 years of data.

PR 550 auto - full data
2 GB disk
size: 270 MB
size on disk: 502 MB
8960 folders, 11 folders
2071 days of CPAP Data, between 12/28/11 and 10/1/17
cumulative machine usage: 634 days, 2 hrs, 39 min, 8 sec.
used 98.6% of days.

=========

disk?

deviated septum has nothing to do with nasal mask ability
if you breathe okay without that mask then you can breathe just fine with it

TASmart

Postby TASmart on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:44 pm

No deviated septum has been mentioned, but my nasal mask does make my breathing more difficult. The pressure on the sinuses seems to make them swell some.

"disk?

deviated septum has nothing to do with nasal mask ability
if you breathe okay without that mask then you can breathe just fine with it "

Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

Beware XXYZX - He is not as knowledgeable as he thinks he.

stevez

Postby stevez on Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:25 am

Well, finally got around to pulling the SD card and checking it out on my computer. It in fact is full. Sleepyhead has a warning, which I conveniently ignored, to "write-protect" the card before inserting. It says that some operating systems will try and copy files to that location and I'm guessing that's what it did. I have tried evaluating what's there, but so far haven't been successful at deleting much. I can't pull up a lot of data that it's storing, other than seeing my daily results which isn't taking up much room. I'm trying to find out how best to clean that disk up without deleting my actual history. Thanks.

Next

Return to CPAP and Sleep Apnea (CLICK HERE TO READ POSTS)