Odd Problem

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
TASmart

Re: Odd Problem

Post by TASmart » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:31 pm

xxyzx wrote:
TASmart wrote:There is not a shred of truth in your knowing what libtardsunite can or cannot imagine. Unless you have a window into the mind that is unknown to science.
========
xxyzx wrote:
libtardsUnite! wrote:
xxyzx wrote:
Rumbert wrote:Wow, KT, there are at least two of us! I'm delighted to hear from you. You just reminded me that I once tried denture adhesive too. I had forgotten about that.

How long did you do chin straps/tape/adhesive before you acquired this new ability?

A lady at recommended Biotene to me today over the phone but I haven't tried it.

Unfortunately I can't accept the dry mouth as a tradeoff because it's so dry that it wakes me up every few minutes, which is even worse than my UARS which only partially wakes me up every few minutes.

I'm very excited right now because I think I may have just figured out a wonderful way to solve this problem, but it may take a few days or even weeks to see whether it works. I'll keep you posted.

I like your videos.
===============================

a lot of us have dry mouth without the mouth being open

Somehow, I can't imagine you ever keeping your mouth shut.
============================

that is a common failing of you libturds
you cant imagine anything other than the lies you keep repeating
libtards are dumber than a box of rocks and lower than whale poop
they cant imagine anything
all they can do is repeat their propaganda

Here is what was said, how have I missed it? You have clearly stated that that what libtardsunites says they cannot imagine to extend to all ability to imagine, and further linked that to some concept you call libtards ( as to yet totally unexplained by you.)
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

Rumbert

Post by Rumbert » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:02 am

A MESS wrote:My Dr (Board Certified Pulmonoligist and sleep DR) says he has trained his tongue to stay on the roof of his mouth. Really? Says he will show me next time---
Yup, that's how I used to do it and how I think most people do it. It works well.

But for me, my tongue only remembered to stay there if my mouth was taped. I don't know why there was a connection between taped lips and my tongue position. Now with this new seal it doesn't matter anymore if my lips are taped.
I have two sleep disorders: UARS and Non-24. Until recently I got considerable relief from UARS with humidified CPAP (I tried APAP but found no advantage), a Swift FX nasal pillow mask, and Micropore tape over my mouth. Nothing has helped my Non-24.

LibtardsUnite!

Post by LibtardsUnite! » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:39 am

xxyzx wrote:
TASmart wrote:So saying that one cannot imagining your mouth being closed is propaganda? What the heck kind of brainwashing is that?

you said many more stupider and incorrect things than that

and you keep taking things out of context or misrepresenting them
Brainwash xxyzx?? Better have a thimble and microscope.

CRMW

Post by CRMW » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:07 pm

I had something similar happen to me after a couple of years of using a full face mask. I ripped a seal one night and only had an old nasal mask. That was about 10 years ago and i've been using a nasal mask ever since with no ill effects.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:06 pm

CRMW wrote:I had something similar happen to me after a couple of years of using a full face mask. I ripped a seal one night and only had an old nasal mask. That was about 10 years ago and i've been using a nasal mask ever since with no ill effects.
And you check your progress with software like Sleepyhead, or just a how you are feeling. I was feeling fairly good at a AHI of 150, but was still killing myself.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:17 pm

A MESS wrote:My Dr (Board Certified Pulmonoligist and sleep DR) says he has trained his tongue to stay on the roof of his mouth. Really? Says he will show me next time---
Yes, many of us have been successful at this. Not everyone can do this successfully but many of us can. I was surprised that I could do it.

Here's the trick, it doesn't take an MD to show you. Put the your tongue on the roof of your mouth, on that hard ridge behind your top teeth. Your tongue should not be pushing against the teeth. Now keep it there all day except when you are talking or eating. Every time you think of it, check the position of your tongue. Maybe an external cue like a loose rubber band around your wrist will help you remember to check your tongue position. In a day or two or three, it can become a habit that MAY carry over during sleep.

Now, to test if this is the right place, keep your lips closed with your tongue in that position and plug your nose. If you cannot breathe with your tongue in that spot, you have successfully sealed off the oropharynx so the pressurized air will stay in the airway and not dry out your mouth. This reduces aerophagia as well. It IS possible to seal off the oropharynx without holding your tongue in that exact spot (I always think of when I was a kid we would try to talk underwater and you can't do that without ingesting water unless you've mastered sealing off the oropharynx), but this is how you can learn the technique in the first place.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

kteague

Post by kteague » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:51 pm

Janknitz wrote: Here's the trick ...
Thanks for that very thorough description. If anyone saw me sitting here holding my nose etc they'd think I've lost my mind.

Passport in-hand

Post by Passport in-hand » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:06 pm

Something you might try...
First, adjust your humidifier to a higher level (adjustments may vary)
Second, If the first one works then congrats. If it doesn't try a full face mask.
-My assumptions and my options, good luck
RESMED AIRCURVE 10 VAUTO
Nasal: Fisher and Paykel Eson 1
PAP user since 2014

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:22 pm

xxyzx wrote:your AHI can be a thousand
but if you feel good and dont have desats then you are not killing yourself
Incorrect and incomplete
xxyzx wrote: your AHI can be 1
but you feel like crap and you have bad desats then you are killing yourself
Incomplete and incorrect
xxyzx wrote:AHI is just a statistic for bureaucrats to decide if you get a cpap or not
it does not tell you how well your treatment is going
Partially correct. It is used for diagnosis criteria which ultimately is used by insurance companies to justify medical need so they will pay for it.
It is one of the data points used to evaluate how the therapy is going...but not the only data point of course
xxyzx wrote:you need RDI RERAs and desats to know what is really happening to you
Incomplete.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.