Help a noob? Need pressure for my airway..

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Help a noob? Need pressure for my airway..

Post by Pugsy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:54 pm

MaxINTJ wrote:
Pugsy wrote:Any mask can be worn successfully in any sleeping position.

Say what?
Yes....they can. People do it all the time.
Note I said "can be worn"....I didn't say that "everyone can wear any mask in any sleeping position". You are a rare exception and not the norm.
I can wear the Amara View sleeping on my stomach and not have it leak and I was using the S9 ASV and saw pressures well over 20 almost every night so it can be done. By everyone??? Never said that.
I sleep on my stomach quite often and with a mask with the dreaded protrusion thing off the nose so I know it can be done. Don't try to tell me that just because you can't that the rest of us can't because it simply isn't true.
People have been sleeping on their stomachs since cpap began with more intrusive masks than we have now....so it can be done.
Also note I didn't say it would be easy or without hurdles. All masks have hurdles of some sort...all of them depending on a person's personal preferences, needs and wants.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:03 pm

Pugsy wrote:
MaxINTJ wrote:
Pugsy wrote:Any mask can be worn successfully in any sleeping position.

Say what?
Yes....they can. People do it all the time.
Note I said "can be worn"....I didn't say that "everyone can wear any mask in any sleeping position". You are a rare exception and not the norm.
I can wear the Amara View sleeping on my stomach and not have it leak and I was using the S9 ASV and saw pressures well over 20 almost every night so it can be done. By everyone??? Never said that.
I sleep on my stomach quite often and with a mask with the dreaded protrusion thing off the nose so I know it can be done. Don't try to tell me that just because you can't that the rest of us can't because it simply isn't true.
People have been sleeping on their stomachs since cpap began with more intrusive masks than we have now....so it can be done.
Also note I didn't say it would be easy or without hurdles. All masks have hurdles of some sort...all of them depending on a person's personal preferences, needs and wants.
OK, specifically, how is a person to sleep face down with the Amara View or any FFM? I understand how someone can stomach sleep and hang their head off the edge of a padded brick (CPAP pillow) at a 90 degree angle to the side, but that's not the position I sleep in. My nose is typically about an inch from the mattress, hence my occasional issue with the vented air on the Dreamwear.

It just annoys me that there aren't any hybrids or FFMs with a top mounted hose - it probably solve my (sleep) problems.
Phillips 960 AutoSV Paving Brick, Phillips Dreamwear Mask - Nothing is working.
Diagnosis of crappy sleep, desats under 80, maybe UARS

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:11 pm

MaxINTJ wrote: OK, specifically, how is a person to sleep face down with the Amara View or any FFM? I
I said "on my stomach" ...I did not say "face down".
My head is turned to the side a little bit and I make a little "nest" in my buckwheat pillow to accommodate my mask. I do this no matter what mask I might be using.

I gave the Amara View a full week trial to make sure I could use it if I had to. Obviously it isn't my first choice but I woke up often during that week trial on my stomach with my head turned slightly to the side. No particular issues with leaks or comfort or sleep once I got past the first night which was trial an error on strap adjustments until I got things tweaked. It can be done.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:35 pm

Pugsy wrote:
MaxINTJ wrote: OK, specifically, how is a person to sleep face down with the Amara View or any FFM? I
I said "on my stomach" ...I did not say "face down".
My head is turned to the side a little bit and I make a little "nest" in my buckwheat pillow to accommodate my mask. I do this no matter what mask I might be using.

I gave the Amara View a full week trial to make sure I could use it if I had to. Obviously it isn't my first choice but I woke up often during that week trial on my stomach with my head turned slightly to the side. No particular issues with leaks or comfort or sleep once I got past the first night which was trial an error on strap adjustments until I got things tweaked. It can be done.
Maybe it's the pillows I use, or the fact I like to put my arms under or around them. I know I have to be very careful when I'm going to sleep with it. Probably the problem later in the night when I'm all groggy and can't get a "perfect" position.
Phillips 960 AutoSV Paving Brick, Phillips Dreamwear Mask - Nothing is working.
Diagnosis of crappy sleep, desats under 80, maybe UARS