Maybe A Mess no more

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
A MESS

Maybe A Mess no more

Post by A MESS » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:06 am

I must be getting good. Best score since I started. 91 today on the res med scale. 2.5 apenea/hypopneas. Maybe I am Not a mess anymore. Trading my medium mask in for a small. Have to make the medium too tight-and its leaving leaving strap marks.

libtardsUnite

Re: Maybe A Mess no more

Post by libtardsUnite » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:34 am

A MESS wrote:I must be getting good. Best score since I started. 91 today on the res med scale. 2.5 apenea/hypopneas. Maybe I am Not a mess anymore. Trading my medium mask in for a small. Have to make the medium too tight-and its leaving leaving strap marks.
You will always be a mess.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:48 am

A MESS wrote:I must be getting good. Best score since I started. 91 today on the res med scale. 2.5 apenea/hypopneas. Maybe I am Not a mess anymore. Trading my medium mask in for a small. Have to make the medium too tight-and its leaving leaving strap marks.

Good for you, A Mess. Your numbers are good. Hope you are feeling good too.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:25 am

You have struggled, and have seen some improvement.
Baby steps are OK; Everybody starts somewhere.
Better numbers from better sources can come later.
Cheers!

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:35 pm

MYair is not a compliance number, it is a motivational tool for people who are less motivated than the users here about getting deeply into their therapy. AHI does have meaning, but it is not the end all be all. It needs to be considered along with how you feel, your hours of sleep, number of awakenings, and the like.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

A MESS

Post by A MESS » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:54 pm

The days are not fabulous. I still feel tired because I have a lot of nasal congestion. Humidifer is up to 6. I am told congestion is a very common problem. Have had several recommendations from allergists-including some meds but so far none of them is working great. Having allergies does not help. Two good things have happened 1 - Sleeping through the night and not waking up for the first time in years. 2 - Pulmonary hypertension should not get any worse. That is a big one. Cpap wont cure this, nor will anything else. Any suggestions as to how to beat the congestion?

RiverDave

Post by RiverDave » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:58 pm

glad you are sticking with it. Nasal congestion may be addressed with breathright strips. Good luck and keep trying

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:26 am

A MESS wrote:The days are not fabulous. I still feel tired because I have a lot of nasal congestion. Humidifer is up to 6. I am told congestion is a very common problem. Have had several recommendations from allergists-including some meds but so far none of them is working great. Having allergies does not help. Two good things have happened 1 - Sleeping through the night and not waking up for the first time in years. 2 - Pulmonary hypertension should not get any worse. That is a big one. Cpap wont cure this, nor will anything else. Any suggestions as to how to beat the congestion?
have you tried flonase?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

A MESS

Post by A MESS » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:03 pm

I have allergies. I get shots. I have all the presc. nasal sprays you can think of. I take hot showers. Congestion is aside effect of cpap. Hopefully, as i get used to it--things will get better.

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:36 pm

A MESS wrote:I have allergies. I get shots. I have all the presc. nasal sprays you can think of. I take hot showers. Congestion is aside effect of cpap. Hopefully, as i get used to it--things will get better.
i'm assuming you are responding to my suggestion of flonase, though you didn't quote me, so i'm unsure.

i'm a bit dense so will ask again-have you tried flonase? it's otc.
Oscar-Win
Oscar-Mac

A Mess

Post by A Mess » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:53 am

I am under the care of an allergist. If I have to use any presc. sprays I have Qnasal. Flonase does not help me. I have tried them all, and they do not really keep allergic reactions away either. I have been on shots for 15 yrs. Unfortunately, my allergies keep changing.

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:46 am

A Mess wrote:I am under the care of an allergist. If I have to use any presc. sprays I have Qnasal. Flonase does not help me. I have tried them all, and they do not really keep allergic reactions away either. I have been on shots for 15 yrs. Unfortunately, my allergies keep changing.
well, that sucks. another thing to try, if you haven't already, is a neti pot. i have absolutely no experience with this, mind you. but it's something i've read about here in the forum. and that's for allergies, it's to help clear the nose.
Oscar-Win
Oscar-Mac

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:50 pm

A Mess wrote:I am under the care of an allergist. If I have to use any presc. sprays I have Qnasal. Flonase does not help me. I have tried them all, and they do not really keep allergic reactions away either. I have been on shots for 15 yrs. Unfortunately, my allergies keep changing.
Maybe it's only the spelling of them that's changing! Jim Allgeries are tricky.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire