Spinning my wheels :-(

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
TedVPAP

Re: Spinning my wheels :-(

Post by TedVPAP » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:43 pm

xxyzx wrote:
TedVPAP wrote:
MaxINTJ wrote:
ChicagoGranny wrote:
MaxINTJ wrote:Also, doesn't the control need to be on the chest for it to work?
The device is implanted. The control is used to turn the device on at bedtime, and then you put it on the nightstand to be used the next morning to turn the device off.
MaxINTJ wrote:I know the mask is not the cause of most of the leaks, it's my mouth blowing open and a chin strap doesn't help.
Have you tried taping your mouth shut? There are some members here who tape. I did it for the first six months of my CPAP therapy - so it can work. (But, I am very happy now to be using Innomed Hybrid mask w/o tape.)
I know people on this forum have successfully used tape, but how many males have? Most females don't have facial hair to worry about. I don't have a beard or stache, but my hair grows overnight - enough that it would either interfere with adhesion or make it very painful to remove. The there's the issue of large red tape marks that would last hours and hours. Again, not so much of an issue for females as makeup can probably mostly cover them, Or there are a lot of retired folks here that don't have to show up for work looking like they were just in a fight.

As for Inspire, since I don't have OSA, I would not be a candidate. Also, the ENT did not see any problem with my tongue (granted, it should be looked at when I'm asleep, but still). And with no VA center less than 6 hours away authorized to do it, my odds of even getting officially evaluated are slim. But, it is another cage I will rattle today
I am sure you have heard this before, but I will try to explain this to you in a way that you might understand. You are an idiot. Instead of trying, you would rather make up excuses based on moronic reasoning. Perhaps you are truly not this idiotic and instead just a lonely sole looking for attention. Good luck as that is all that can help you.

maxintj is very special
he said so

and those comments are typical of what he has been saying/doing since day 1 here
Agree. I have been ignoring him since he landed. Now that I have shared my tough love, I will go back to ignoring.

Additional Comments: AutoPAP 16-20, Ultimate Chin Strap http://sleepapneasolutionsinc.com/
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment:
how to see your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead
how to present your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
how to post your data https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:06 pm

TedVPAP wrote:
xxyzx wrote:
TedVPAP wrote: I am sure you have heard this before, but I will try to explain this to you in a way that you might understand. You are an idiot. Instead of trying, you would rather make up excuses based on moronic reasoning. Perhaps you are truly not this idiotic and instead just a lonely sole looking for attention. Good luck as that is all that can help you.

maxintj is very special
he said so

and those comments are typical of what he has been saying/doing since day 1 here
Agree. I have been ignoring him since he landed. Now that I have shared my tough love, I will go back to ignoring.
You two make a wonderful couple! How long have you been together?

If you're not a couple yet, you should make plans to get together as soon as possible.

Phillips 960 AutoSV Paving Brick, Phillips Dreamwear Mask - Nothing is working.
Diagnosis of crappy sleep, desats under 80, maybe UARS

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:11 pm

SunnyBeBe wrote:I hope that you can work out those obstacles. Why not pick one thing to address at a time and see if you can remedy that and then move to the next thing? I think I might sleep in a separate room, if noise is bothering your spouse. It's just temporary and sometimes, anxiety that we may disturb others could hinder your improvement.

I'm fairly new to this, but, I just think that if you aren't comfortable in your mask, you will struggle more. Is your comfortable? I knew straight away that I could not use a full mask and went right into a nasal pillow. It worked really well, so, I could focus on other things. Have you tried other things for mouth breathing?
I have been using the Dreamwear mask, and it's actually quite comfortable - I hardly notice it's there. I know my mouth blows open at these higher pressures, but it's possible the mask is leaking as well.

They gave me a FFM at the clinic Thursday (but not a good one like the Amara or F20 - they don't stock them) and I will probably break down and try it - if nothing more to try and figure out if the leaks are from my mouth or mask.

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:15 pm

crestifer wrote:i sleep on my side and often on my stomach with my head buried in the pillow.

the airtouch F20 full face mask has worked well for me.

in a perfect world i'd like to use something like the dreamwear nasal mask. it is super light and comfortable, but i simply can't seem to keep my mouth shut during the night (or many times during the day)

i've tired chin straps and tape, just felt weird to me. ultimately a full face mask feels better, stays sealed better and works better for me.

it's worth a try.

many of the more recent full face masks do not have that piece that goes up between your eyes and rests on your forehead. the airfit/touch f20 and quattro fx are full face masks that cover your nose and mouth but have no piece on your forehead.

the amara view is another option. it is a very small full face mask that sort of sits below your nostrils and just on the tip of your nose, as well as over your mouth. nothing rests on the bridge of your nose.

to my view the single most difficult thing about cpap is getting the right mask for you. one that fits well, stays sealed and is not too annoying to wear. this is different for everyone.

just a few ideas.
I appreciate your input and I agree on those masks - although I REALLY want the Dreamwear to work. Plus, those good masks are special order for me. I do have one I might try though.

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:17 pm

TedVPAP wrote:I am sure you have heard this before, but I will try to explain this to you in a way that you might understand. You are an idiot. Instead of trying, you would rather make up excuses based on moronic reasoning. Perhaps you are truly not this idiotic and instead just a lonely sole looking for attention. Good luck as that is all that can help you.
Honestly, I have never heard that about me except for a few times from IDIOTS, so I really don't give it any consideration, but thanks for playing.

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:22 pm

xxyzx wrote:worse you are now declared a full blooded card carrying libtard

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:37 pm

MaxINTJ wrote:

To xxyzx:

Fool, everyone knows they don't carry cards, they carry signs. Signs mean more trask on the ground where they throw them outside the coffee shops, before they go to their mom's house to gat and watch T.V.. Jim
'
Did you get that used recliner down the stairs in the basement? Must have been a bumpy ride down those stairs.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

crestifer

Post by crestifer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:39 pm

MaxINTJ wrote:
I appreciate your input and I agree on those masks - although I REALLY want the Dreamwear to work. Plus, those good masks are special order for me. I do have one I might try though.

same here. i have a dreamwear, and it is awesome...in a perfect world, that would be the ideal mask...but after trying a few weeks to make it work, i realized that ultimately a full face mask would be less trouble and after about a week of using it, it was easier that trying tape, chinstraps, etc.

i've tried about 7 different full face masks before finally landing on the f20. for about 3 months i used the regular f20 with a mask liner...now i use the new memory foam cushion and it has been a game changer. the mask is comfortable, seals well, stays put even when i sleep with my face in the pillow, and best of all...zero skin irritation or red marks on my face.

Cpapian

Post by Cpapian » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:01 pm

Last edited by Cpapian on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:33 pm

xxyzx wrote:
Goofproof wrote:
MaxINTJ wrote:

To xxyzx:

Fool, everyone knows they don't carry cards, they carry signs. Signs mean more trask on the ground where they throw them outside the coffee shops, before they go to their mom's house to gat and watch T.V.. Jim
'
Did you get that used recliner down the stairs in the basement? Must have been a bumpy ride down those stairs.

no recliner
nothing in basement except our furnace

you are truly a dumbass libtard loser
Under the overpass, no recliner? Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:54 pm

Sure gets testy late at night, doesn't he?
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:27 pm

TASmart wrote:Sure gets testy late at night, doesn't he?
24/7! Good WiFi under dat overpass! Jim

kteague

Post by kteague » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:51 am

All the tips and tricks to hold the air in my mouth were just a stopgap measure (oops, pun not intended) till learning to seal off my airway by suctioning the tongue against the roof of my mouth against the back of my teeth with my lower teeth up under the tongue for a bit of extra support (as was mentioned before). If you are losing much air out of your mouth, it's hard to be sure this treatment won't help you, even if you stay on it forever. Once you accomplish this, your mouth could drop open and still not lose air. I would suggest you make a concentrated effort to perfect this technique, if you choose not to use a full face mask. Also, consider your face position on your pillow. A flat head helps prevent gravity pulling your jaw down. A head with the jaw lower than the top of your head gives gravity help dropping your jaw.

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:16 pm

crestifer wrote:
MaxINTJ wrote:

same here. i have a dreamwear, and it is awesome...in a perfect world, that would be the ideal mask...but after trying a few weeks to make it work, i realized that ultimately a full face mask would be less trouble and after about a week of using it, it was easier that trying tape, chinstraps, etc.

i've tried about 7 different full face masks before finally landing on the f20. for about 3 months i used the regular f20 with a mask liner...now i use the new memory foam cushion and it has been a game changer. the mask is comfortable, seals well, stays put even when i sleep with my face in the pillow, and best of all...zero skin irritation or red marks on my face.
Does the memory foam cushion build up moisture between it and your skin? I tried memory foam on pillows and mattresses before and it seemed they always trapped extra moisture.

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:22 pm

kteague wrote:All the tips and tricks to hold the air in my mouth were just a stopgap measure (oops, pun not intended) till learning to seal off my airway by suctioning the tongue against the roof of my mouth against the back of my teeth with my lower teeth up under the tongue for a bit of extra support (as was mentioned before). If you are losing much air out of your mouth, it's hard to be sure this treatment won't help you, even if you stay on it forever. Once you accomplish this, your mouth could drop open and still not lose air. I would suggest you make a concentrated effort to perfect this technique, if you choose not to use a full face mask. Also, consider your face position on your pillow. A flat head helps prevent gravity pulling your jaw down. A head with the jaw lower than the top of your head gives gravity help dropping your jaw.
I have gotten myself to the point of being able to have my mouth open with the CPAP without air leaking out, so I know it can be done. It's just after I drift off all that goes to hell >.<

I'm sure if I keep at it long enough, I will be able to do it in my sleep, but the problem of waking my wife, not getting treatment, and horrible dry mouth make it very difficult to find the energy to keep trying